Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 20-09-2006, 11:01 PM
chi chi

ok c u l8r xxx
Old 25-09-2006, 11:54 AM
psychic sue

Sex is wonderful and the most intimate way to connect with someone else. Sex for sex sake is simply a physical activity. I agree the original statement is in broad terms probably biologically true, but not all men are like that, nor are all women.

Me, I have to feel very close to someone before I share such an intimate thing - and if he doesn't want to wait, he's not the right guy for me!
Old 25-09-2006, 01:59 PM
violetmay

This is a good thread....

I love the friendship, the special friendship that goes with being in love. I've been with my man for 6 years now, we have big ups and big downs, but a constant too. The initial buzz of falling for him was replaced or enhanced by, a wonderful fondness and deep deep love that goes beyond anything. Whilst I enjoy sex, and making love, I just love his bear hug cuddles and holding his hand and saying nothing. I love that unspoken connection that after all the laughter, and arguing says.. 'God I love you so much'. If he is ill, sad, or in trouble I feel it.

From his point of view I cannot fully comment... but whilst he has trouble saying out loud how he feels, he more than makes up for it in his actions, and unspoken words. Our love has matured over time, and we've survived so much.

Whilst I am strong and able and would survive alone, I'd rather have him than any man for me.

xx
Old 05-10-2006, 08:41 PM
OneLight

Hi all,

Well this thread has revealed quite a lot so far. I feel however that a lot more can be discussed or debated - especially how it has all changed in our so called modern lifestyles and because we are so uniquely different from one another. I mean a man and a woman of course. Women for example are etching their way into the work force and while some men are celebrating this others feel threatened. The man was once known as the bread winner but nowadays this is slowly changing - has changed. For a mans ego this could be damaging therefore affecting his relationship as a husband and father let alone being able to love...

I have thrown this angle in and keen to get a response...
Old 06-10-2006, 06:12 PM
violetmay

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I see your angle and respond...

yes... my other half likes to feel in control and is pleased he earns a bit more than me... he is very cave man.. down to the come home and sit in cave...so when I do my job, (it's quite responsible) he feels a bit threatened, and knows it demonstrates my intelligence and that does cause tension. His ex-wife was a mother and home-maker and they had very different roles and expectations. I for example expect him to put equal effort into our house as we both work full time, he is used to just providing... I present a different sort of woman to him. I think women cope with it all very well.x
Old 06-10-2006, 10:58 PM
OneLight

Hi violetmay,

Women sure do... but nowadays they are slowly getting caught up in the madness of having strokes, heart attacks, high cholestral and many of the mens ailments. I am no Chauvinist, my wife works and all. I guess that what I am trying to say is that since a woman has left the home to go out and work, be it because of societal/financial pressures, it is my opinion that love, morals and all that good stuff has left the home too. I think that is why we have so many challenges today with our children... I don't believe that we have found the balance yet...

What do you guys think?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Fiona

I have friends in partnerships where they both work and have families.

I can safely say that despite this, and despite being a bit frazzled around the edges at times, love, morals and all that good stuff is still very much in residence at their respective abodes.
Old 13-10-2006, 09:11 PM
OneLight

Book1

Oh Fiona,

By no means am I saying that there aren't those that are coping well in some cases extremely well. But that is really a small percentage of people around the world. I don't believe that the majority are coping. Look at the high divorce rate around the world... High suicides amongst teenagers. I am not one for doom and gloom. I know that there is a lot of good things happening in Our World but not fast enough. You may be living a privilage life and have not seen poverty and how many poor souls are suffering in Africa. But Africa as I know is not alone. Many of our first world countries have high divorce rates and so on. Democracy sucks in many ways. Rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. Need, greed or freedom is the questions we need to keep asking ourselves.

What do you guys and dolls think about what I have just said?

Much Love
Greg
Old 13-10-2006, 10:08 PM
e-ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLight
Look at the high divorce rate around the world... High suicides amongst teenagers... Democracy sucks in many ways.

I wholeheartedly agree with you - living in a developed country does not in any way guarantee a happier life.

I feel so strongly about issues such as mental illness, stress and depression, and feel such compassion for the untold millions who are going through such pain and suffering right this very moment - I read today that 18 million people in the UK alone are on antidepressants!

Tonight I applied to become a volunteer for the Samaritans and in some small way perhaps ease the pressure of what others might be going through. It's nothing, but maybe by ditching supporting the causes of the problem, I might be able to join those who are part of the solution.
Old 14-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Fiona

"since a woman has left the home to go out and work, be it because of societal/financial pressures, it is my opinion that love, morals and all that good stuff has left the home too"

I don't disagree that suffering exists the world over. I work with domestic violence, sexual violence, divorce, substance misuse and child abuse every day of my working life - I see the suffering, sadness and violence in dysfunctional and fragmented families and I see lots of reasons for all of this. I was simply taking issue with the direct link made between women going to work and love, morals and all that good stuff leaving the home - just because it feels like a generalisation to me and a little unfair. However, if you were trying to say that the pressure we all have upon us to perform, to maintain what we have materially and to undertake many competing responsibilities is robbing us of what really matters then I would agree with you and I would apply that equally to men and women.

In the developed world many people have an obsession with accumulating possessions and wealth under the illusion that this will somehow bring happiness and security to their lives, when in reality this level of control and guarantee over our futures can never be attained, everything we have we will lose, what comes will eventually pass, everything changes, the past is gone, the future has not yet happened and all we can ever be sure of is 'now', - what happens is that we try in vain to maintain everything exactly as it is and become a slave to our lives, our lives begin to live us.

We spend every day wading through a never ending list of responsibilities, things to do, trivia and distraction, filling up our every moment with monotinous activity so that we never have to be alone with ourselves or face the real issues in our lives.

If people were to escape this destructive, addictive cylce, embrace simplicity in their lives, celebrate 'nowness', realise how precious life is, how everything we have can be gone tomorrow, spend time and energy on the truly important things like having a good heart, showing love and compassion to others, freeing their own minds and following a spiritual path there would naturally be much more happiness and acts of kindness in the world.
Closed Thread