Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 25-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Space_Man

Valentine's Day

(the god of love, Cupid, and his mortal lover Psyche)

I
Old 27-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Poppies

Re: Valentine's Day

[quote=Space_Man]I
Old 27-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Space_Man

I just wonder if Valentines Day might not be an ideal time to simply meditate on the nature of
Old 27-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Poppies

[quote=Space_Man]I just wonder if Valentines Day might not be an ideal time to simply meditate on the nature of
Old 28-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Ancestral

I do not see why not Space_man it may be a day of celebrating love for one's family but I do not see why it should be good to meditate on the nature of love as you put it. I say go for it and enjoy the day. :)
Old 29-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
I sort of misunderstood your post...... I thought you were asking a direct question...... as in "what will you be doing?".....
Sorry, my friend
Old 29-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Poppies

[quote=Space_Man]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
I sort of misunderstood your post...... I thought you were asking a direct question...... as in "what will you be doing?".....
Sorry, my friend
Old 14-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Guiding You

Hello Space_Man,

My partner and I will be doing something similar to you both, he's cooking dinner and we are eating with the children. It's a school night! We are still undecided on what to watch (later on) Your comments about the greeting card corporations are validated in my view. Sending love out:::

Abundant Love and Blessings,
Guiding You
Old 14-02-2006, 10:44 AM
jadedmelody

To be honest, for me, I see nothing in Valentines Day, i find it to be totally meaningless. Its not a religious holiday, its not REALLY about love at all its about roses and candy and whatnot. I guess it is more meaningful if you are in a relationship. Im not one of those people who absoloutely hates it, I'm not that bothered really, but I don't celebrate it in any way.

But i think its a nice idea to use it as a chance to reflect on love.
Old 14-02-2006, 11:03 AM
jadedmelody

A little background on Eros and Psyche (and yes, originally it was Eros, not Cupid.)

Cupid is the Roman god of erotic love.
Eros is the Greek god responsible for lust, love, and sex; he was also worshipped as a fertility deity
Psyche was a Greek goddess and the word "psyche" is Greek for soul or butterfly.

I realise its picky, but although Psyche does appear in Roman literature, the story of Psyche and Cupid was ADAPTED from the Greek myth about Eros and Psyche. Nowadays its pretty much accepted that its Cupid and Psyche and Cupid is considered the Roman equivalent of Eros. Aphrodite (greek) also appears in the story but is often called Venus (roman).

The story goes that Aphrodite was jealous of Psyche's beauty so she ordered Eros to make her fall in love with an ugly, low creature. But Eros was so startled by her beauty that he accidentally pricked himself with his own arrow and fell in love with her.

But Eros told Psyche she must not look at him, so she went to him at night. But one night Psyche took a lamp with her and when Eros slept she looked at him with it but he awoke and got angry with her and left her. Psyche submitted herself to Aphrodite and was forced through a number of trials, and eventually Eros went back to her.

So yeah. I was bored. lol.
Closed Thread