Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2006, 01:48 PM
dreamer

Love as opposed to Love.

Has anyone else noticed two different types of Love?

There is love - do you love me? yes i do, that kind of love where there is some doubt to be filled.

Then there is love - I fckin love that, thats amazing, your amazing now i see how brilliant you are that type of love where there is no effort just total love at the brilliance of something, caught in that moment of realisation when you become aware of the amazingness of something, or someone or yourself.

I wonder if I spend to much time trying to love the first way, when if i would just open my eyes to the brilliance of evrything, if i would just take a moment to love the good rather than judge the bad, if i would just trust instead of doubt i would love it all - no effort involved??

Plus the second kind of love is easy to say, i love the way you do that, wow you've done that really well. when you really recognise something good and express your recognition its easier to do -- saying to someone that i love them has always been hard for me the first way, but the second way is just so easy.

That was a bit of a ramble, sorry.

Last edited by dreamer : 28-09-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 28-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Master
I know what you're saying, dreamer. Before I met my husband I never told my parents that I loved them...it was very uncomfortable to even think about saying it. You're right, it can be easier to say that you love something they've done rather than telling them that you love them....love them for who they are...who they are to you...who they are becoming. But just like everything else, practicing it makes it easier. Within a few of months of being with my dh, who was always telling me AND my parents that he loved us, I started to see just how good it could be to express that feeling. And now I never talk to my parents without telling them how much they really mean to me, how much I really love them.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 28-09-2006, 08:02 PM
auricman

types of love

there are lots of different types of love lol
friendly love
unconditional love
romantic love
sadistic love
undieing love
sexual love

and lots more that i can't think of right now lol
Old 28-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Master
auricman, I totally agree...there are many different kinds of love and even different 'degrees' (for lack of a better word) within each kind of love. But expressing certain kinds of love can be very difficult for some people. For some people it's something they really have to learn. I used to only say 'I love you' to a romantic partner....but not any more. Friends and relatives need to hear it too.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 03-10-2006, 04:13 AM
pepperi

Talking

Love is definitely an easy word to say, the question is determining how you mean it. I love the way some people speak, make me laugh etc....but to be able to say you love someone because you "feel" it, wow thats something truly amazing. I thought I experienced this once before but it was not the kind of love that gave me butterflies even after many years has passed. I believe that that is true love. When your still able to look at that person and they make you feel warm, happy, and tender. There are definite degrees of love and in time when you find the right person, its possible to figure it out upon first meeting them. It's easier for some but difficult for others. As a Tarot Reader I've had to figure these things out for some. I'm only able to give clues never to be able to say yes 100% you love this person because if you yourself do not feel this then just by me saying this means nothing. Everything I suppose boils down to feeling it deep within. Just my opinion and observation!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Enlightener

I feel the most intense love, all the time, it is amazing.

I prefer not to tell my partner that I love them as that kind of takes away the mysteriousness of it. If I tell her that I love her she will not wonder if I do or not. I prefer to let my action's speak louder than my words.
Though I do tell my close friends that I love them whenever I am overcome by that joyous feeling.

Enlightener...la de da de da
Old 12-10-2006, 09:25 PM
e-ma

Yup, I used to think that possessive Love was the main 'Love' that everybody spoke about. Then I realised that there was unconditional (say, Maternal) love, and then I discovered spirituality

I have found that some Indian religions say that the final end point is Love, Love is what it's all about.

Sometimes when I chant and focus for a long time, I reach a bliss state, which I equate to universal love.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Deactivated Account
surely there is love (general) then being 'in love' deep but not unconditional,unconditional love and then the very deep spiritual or devine love which is pure and knows no end
Old 13-10-2006, 04:45 AM
dreamer

Love for me is one feeling that is always the same, arrived at in different ways. When I feel proper love for anything it is always the same, warm feeling in my chest. I became aware of what love is taking ecstacy, prior to that love meant all sorts of different things that I would now not consider to be love at all. It seems to me that true love cannot be possessed, does not vary, is not deep or general does not begin or end, it seems to me that true love is actually just a feeling that can be accessed at any point when the wonder of creation and YOUR part in it are fully recognised, it is a feeling that is fully satisfying, nourishing and energising a feeling with no equal, it is heaven, perfection, god conciousness, it is one pointed, unvarying and always there for those who have a mind to surrender to it.
Old 13-10-2006, 08:12 PM
mikron

when you move into a higher state of consciousness the reality and the dynamics change

mikron
Closed Thread