Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 09-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Experiencer
Memorial Weekend Powwow

If you live within reasonable driving distance of Oroville, CA, there will be a small, annual powwow held at Plumas Ave. Elementary School. I think it is one day --perhaps two, not much info is available yet-- but even though it is small, it is good. There is booths, food vendors, and of course, plenty of dancing and music. And since it is also on school grounds, there is playground equipment for when the young ones get restless. Very nice atmosphere, good folks.

There is another one about two weeks later in Marysville (another local town), but I don't have ANY information on that, so when I get it, I will update it here.

Hope that some of you show up, even if we don't meet!! =D
Old 10-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Raven Poet

Hey, Aki! Thanks for welcoming us! I wish I did live near there. I'm several days ride north though.

If you go, have a good time dancing to the rhythm of Mother Earth's heartbeat! And when I go to a Powwow in my neck of the woods, I will think of you and dance for you too!
Old 10-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Suspended
If anyone visiting the Grand Canyon this summer, there are Navajo Indian dancers in front of the Hopi House on the rim, South Rim almost every day. It is a small stage they dance on and photography is welcome. Here is a Video I made on location showing them. You will see me there as well:

http://youtu.be/xl_hmthYolQ

Navajo Thunder
Old 10-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Master

Thunder Bow, that was an awesome film clip.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Experiencer

I have visited the South rim of the GC twice now and it is a very special place for me, as are The Badlands and the Black Hills.. Thankyou for posting that link.. I am counting the weeks to my next Powwow...
Old 26-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Experiencer
I got the new information for the second powwow I was taking about:

June 7 & 8th, going from 11 AM until 5 PM, a little later into the evening on the 7th, I think. It will be held in the Riverfront Park in Marysville, CA, and there will be a lot of vendors, and a nice raffle, and a cake walk as well. Well, there usually is. I would love to see some of you there, but I know it's not really possible, since so many of you live so far away. I'll keep you all in my heart, anyway.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Suspended

Live Photo, Grand Canyon S. Rim June 7th 1:30 PM. Grass Dancer. Dances under the name Chasing Wind.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:37 AM
Experiencer
Gorgeous. Just lovely. Spent the entire weekend at the powwow, and even though it was sweltering, it was great. It was a small gathering, but the dancers were very good, and the children were just adorable.

I wish you all could have been there. =)
Old 27-06-2014, 06:40 PM
HopeWalkers

Magnificent clothing and headwear