Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 26-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Master
I'd certainly not eat food additives.
Old 26-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Time

I agree...... TIs getting harder and harder to find food that doesnt have "****" in it. Which i why i recommended cooking all your own food. There are tons of homemade recipies for lots of our favorite foods. I found an oreo recipie. Not the "healthiest" based on fat, but there are no additives in the recipie. Id rather have some extra weight then injest preservatives...
Old 26-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Master
Oreo ingredient: VANILLIN - AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR,
Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Ascender
For I, I stay away from pork and eat more fish, chicken and some beef. (even though some fish has mercary in them) I would drink alot of tea, espesholy green tea. That is really good for you. I tend to fallow chinese resapies cents well thats my fave food, and saposly (if you do it home made and not fast food) its one of the healthest coulcher food out there. (asian food injenral) Manly becouse they dont tend to use some things that we would use. Bread is an example, hole grain and so forth is better for you then white, but rice is way better for you then bread. They also use natchal flavors such as genger, witch is a big +!

But yeah stay away from drinking,smoking ect. (Even though I do drink but not as much as I use to. Havent had a drink in about 3 to 4 mounths ^^) Wine on the other hand is really good for you! A small glass of it during or after dinner keeps your heart going strong. Eat fresh frits, vegies. Pomagranits is also espesholy good for your heart. They even make teas with them! Sun is ok in low quanaties. (we all need it xD) But dont stay out in it too long. Try stay in the shade and wear somthing that will protect your skin thats comfterbule. And like I saide up there, green tea is the way to go! (Even though I drink all kinds of diffrent teas <.<; But thats just me) Caffine is bad for you in high amounts. A small cup of coffie in the mornings isnt going to kill you lol but dont drink 8 cups of it. Instead of going out to eat, make a home meal instead. (If you can. I know some people are to busy to.) If so, try and go some where that is healthy with fresh sandwiches, salads, smoothies, or any fresh and natcharal things.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:42 PM
Master
Good luck with post tmf

:)
Old 15-06-2011, 05:51 PM
earthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Yes you are correct Gem, I tried all the nonsense that everyone recommended, I am a vegetarian, I don't smoke or drink and guess what happened, I got cancer.

Can i ask you what your diet is on a typical day? The reason I ask is just because you are a vegetarian, does not mean that you are a healthy vegetarian. Are you eating any processed foods, dairy, GMO foods, MSG, aspartame, corn syrup, bleached flour products, processed table sugar? If you are eating these foods, eliminate them immediately, they are all toxic making your diet too acidity. Cancer's feed on diets such as this, vegetarian or not. You need to eat a diet that is alkaline, not acidity (there is lots of info regarding this on the web).

Are you cooking your veggies? A diet consisting of mainly raw, organic veggies and fruits (at least 85%) is best. If you are cooking your veggies you are destroying important nutrients and enzymes that the body needs to fight disease and live! Raw organic veggies and nuts (soaked and sprouted is most beneficial) with some fruit are most important. Cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, and others are proven to help prevent cancer. Raw Brazil nuts are extremely high in selenium, which helps prevent and even fight cancer. Use only unprocessed sea salt. Sunshine, vitamin D, has just been recognized as an important cancer inhibitor... please get plenty of sunshine everyday (without the chemical laden sunscreen).

Have you ever done a fast? A cleanse? An enima? It cannot be stressed enough how vitally important it is to cleanse, restore and protect the liver before, during and after your anti-cancer battle. As the great cancer pioneer Max Gerson observed, cancer cannot develop unless the liver is impaired to begin with.

If you have mercury amalgam fillings in your teeth, have them replaced. According to Natural News, in many instances, this step alone has led to elimination of cancer. Cilantro and chlorella can help eliminate heavy metal accumulations in the body.

What kind of cleaners, shampoos, soaps do you use? If you are using Mr. Clean or any of those types of cleaners, guess what? They are loaded with cancer causing chemicals which you are breathing in. Switch to organics, I use simply a mix of vinegar and water for most cleaning. Google for safe alternatives to chemicals.

There is a lot of very useful information on the Natural News website. Please go to: http://www.naturalnews.com

Wishing you health and vitality.
Old 15-06-2011, 06:09 PM
earthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoclora
For I, I stay away from pork and eat more fish, chicken and some beef. (even though some fish has mercary in them) I would drink alot of tea, espesholy green tea. That is really good for you. I tend to fallow chinese resapies cents well thats my fave food, and saposly (if you do it home made and not fast food) its one of the healthest coulcher food out there. (asian food injenral) Manly becouse they dont tend to use some things that we would use. Bread is an example, hole grain and so forth is better for you then white, but rice is way better for you then bread. They also use natchal flavors such as genger, witch is a big +!

But yeah stay away from drinking,smoking ect. (Even though I do drink but not as much as I use to. Havent had a drink in about 3 to 4 mounths ^^) Wine on the other hand is really good for you! A small glass of it during or after dinner keeps your heart going strong. Eat fresh frits, vegies. Pomagranits is also espesholy good for your heart. They even make teas with them! Sun is ok in low quanaties. (we all need it xD) But dont stay out in it too long. Try stay in the shade and wear somthing that will protect your skin thats comfterbule. And like I saide up there, green tea is the way to go! (Even though I drink all kinds of diffrent teas <.<; But thats just me) Caffine is bad for you in high amounts. A small cup of coffie in the mornings isnt going to kill you lol but dont drink 8 cups of it. Instead of going out to eat, make a home meal instead. (If you can. I know some people are to busy to.) If so, try and go some where that is healthy with fresh sandwiches, salads, smoothies, or any fresh and natcharal things.

I disagree with drinking wine. If you are living with cancer, avoid all alcohol, as alcohol turns into sugar when digested and cancers feed and grow off sugars. Even if you are not fighting cancer, alcohol is detrimental to your health, even one glass per day is unhealthy, but that is my opinion, eat fresh raw organic grapes instead. If you are fighting cancer, stay away from bread, dairy, all processed foods, sugars. Bottom line is if man made it or tampered with it, avoid it like the plague!

Vitamin D from the sun has now been proven to prevent cancers. Be sure to get full body sun exposure avoiding the heat of the day and not allowing oneself to become more than mildly "pink" or sunburned by gradually increasing exposure time from a few minutes to perhaps a full hour and more each day. Do not wear sunglasses. In 1959. Jane C Wright, directing cancer research at Bellevue Memorial Medical Center in New York City, instructed fifteen cancer patients to stay outdoors as much as possible that summer in natural sunlight without wearing their glasses, and particularly without sunglasses. By that Autumn, the tumors in 14 of 15 had not grown, and some patients had gotten better.

Here's the original press release about the new findings on vitamin D and cancer prevention:

OMAHA, Neb., June 8 -- Most Americans and others are not taking enough vitamin D, a fact that may put them at significant risk for developing cancer, according to a landmark study conducted by Creighton University School of Medicine.

The four-year, randomized study followed 1,179 healthy, postmenopausal women from rural eastern Nebraska.* Participants taking calcium, as well as a quantity of vitamin D3 nearly three times the U.S. government's Recommended Daily Amount (RDA) for middle-age adults, showed a dramatic 60 percent or greater reduction in cancer risk than women who did not get the vitamin.

The results of the study, conducted between 2000 and 2005, were reported in the June 8 online edition of the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

"The findings are very exciting. They confirm what a number of vitamin D proponents have suspected for some time but that, until now, have not been substantiated through clinical trial," said principal investigator Joan Lappe, Ph.D., R.N., Creighton professor of medicine and holder of the Criss/Beirne Endowed Chair in the School of Nursing. "Vitamin D is a critical tool in fighting cancer as well as many other diseases."

Other Creighton researchers involved in the study included Robert Recker, M.D.; Robert Heaney, M.D.; Dianne Travers-Gustafson, M.S.; and K. Michael Davies, Ph.D.

Research participants were all 55 years and older and free of known cancers for at least 10 years prior to entering the Creighton study. Subjects were randomly assigned to take daily dosages of 1,400-1,500 mg supplemental calcium, 1,400-1,500 mg supplemental calcium plus 1,100 IU of vitamin D3, or placebos. National Institutes of Health funded the study.

Over the course of four years, women in the calcium/vitamin D3 group experienced a 60 percent decrease in their cancer risk than the group taking placebos.

On the premise that some women entered the study with undiagnosed cancers, researchers then eliminated the first-year results and looked at the last three years of the study. When they did that, the results became even more dramatic with the calcium/vitamin D3 group showing a startling 77 percent cancer-risk reduction.

In the three-year analysis, there was no statistically significant difference in cancer incidence between participants taking placebos and those taking just calcium supplements.

Through the course of the study, 50 participants developed nonskin cancers, including breast, colon, lung and other cancers.

Lappe said further studies are needed to determine whether the Creighton research results apply to other populations, including men, women of all ages, and different ethnic groups. While the study was open to all ethnic groups, all participants were Caucasian, she noted.

There is a growing body of evidence that a higher intake of vitamin D may be helpful in the prevention and treatment of cancer, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis, and rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases.

Humans make their own vitamin D3 when they are exposed to sunlight. In fact, only 10-15 minutes a day in a bright summer sun creates large amounts of the vitamin, Lappe said. However, people need to exercise caution since the sun's ultraviolet B rays also can cause skin cancer; sunscreen blocks most vitamin D production.

In addition, the latitude at which you live and your ancestry also influence your body's ability to convert sunlight into vitamin D. People with dark skin have more difficulty making the vitamin. Persons living at latitudes north of the 37th parallel -- Omaha is near the 41st parallel -- cannot get their vitamin D naturally during the winter months because of the sun's angle. Experts generally agree that the RDA** for vitamin D needs to be increased substantially, however there is debate about the amount. Supplements are available in two forms -- vitamin D2 and vitamin D3. Creighton researchers recommend vitamin D3, because it is more active and thus more effective in humans.
Old 16-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthy
Can i ask you what your diet is on a typical day? The reason I ask is just because you are a vegetarian, does not mean that you are a healthy vegetarian. Are you eating any processed foods, dairy, GMO foods, MSG, aspartame, corn syrup, bleached flour products, processed table sugar? If you are eating these foods, eliminate them immediately, they are all toxic making your diet too acidity. Cancer's feed on diets such as this, vegetarian or not. You need to eat a diet that is alkaline, not acidity (there is lots of info regarding this on the web).

Are you cooking your veggies? A diet consisting of mainly raw, organic veggies and fruits (at least 85%) is best. If you are cooking your veggies you are destroying important nutrients and enzymes that the body needs to fight disease and live! Raw organic veggies and nuts (soaked and sprouted is most beneficial) with some fruit are most important. Cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, and others are proven to help prevent cancer. Raw Brazil nuts are extremely high in selenium, which helps prevent and even fight cancer. Use only unprocessed sea salt. Sunshine, vitamin D, has just been recognized as an important cancer inhibitor... please get plenty of sunshine everyday (without the chemical laden sunscreen).

Have you ever done a fast? A cleanse? An enima? It cannot be stressed enough how vitally important it is to cleanse, restore and protect the liver before, during and after your anti-cancer battle. As the great cancer pioneer Max Gerson observed, cancer cannot develop unless the liver is impaired to begin with.

If you have mercury amalgam fillings in your teeth, have them replaced. According to Natural News, in many instances, this step alone has led to elimination of cancer. Cilantro and chlorella can help eliminate heavy metal accumulations in the body.

What kind of cleaners, shampoos, soaps do you use? If you are using Mr. Clean or any of those types of cleaners, guess what? They are loaded with cancer causing chemicals which you are breathing in. Switch to organics, I use simply a mix of vinegar and water for most cleaning. Google for safe alternatives to chemicals.

There is a lot of very useful information on the Natural News website. Please go to: http://www.naturalnews.com

Wishing you health and vitality.
I wont go into all that I eat but i do live a very healthy life, I don't smoke drink, don't eat anything with sugar, I do have a little dairy in my diet as i don't think a vegan diet is very healthy. But I did also work with chemicals such as chlorine for many years, chlorine is very carcinogenic. The doctor told me that i was very healthy for my age and that this would be a big advantage for me in my prognosis. I had prostate cancer just over two years ago and everything is looking good so far, so I must say that the vegetarian lifestyle that I have been living was to my advantage.

I also have to add that i got shot through the ankle many years ago by someone randomly shooting along the highway just out of town, I suffer lots of pain because of the state of the ankle, I have noticed that if I go of my fruit for too long my ankle swells up, when i keep to my fruit and veges my ankle doesn't give too much trouble, so again the vegetarian lifestyle wins hands down.
Old 17-07-2011, 04:34 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthy
Can i ask you what your diet is on a typical day? .........which helps prevent and even fight cancer. Use only unprocessed sea salt. Sunshine, vitamin D, has just been recognized as an important cancer inhibitor... please get plenty of sunshine everyday (without the chemical laden sunscreen).......

The only thing I would question in all of your suggestions, and they are good ones, is the sea salt. That is one area where you at least should look for iodized sea salt because a lack of iodine can cause thyroid problems. Once upon a time, there was enough iodine in the soil that I think veggies either absorbed it or it was on the outsides of the root plants and they were washed so thoroughly as they are now. You don't need a lot of iodine, but the little you need is critical to a healthy thyroid.
Old 17-07-2011, 07:41 PM
mattie

Holistic Approach To Underlying Immune System

Cancer is tied into our immune system’s general health.

As our body gets increasingly acidified by the output of unfriendly organisms our immune system is compromised. This can take years. This preliminary condition can often be corrected by internal cleanses & regular use of alkaline supplements like the concentrated greens.

In recent years pressure has successfully been put on food manufacturers to remove dangerous hydrogenated fat (artificially solid shortening, transfats) from foods. More pressure should be exerted about artificial everything in foods.