Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-04-2018, 03:43 AM
Ascender

Christ as the who becoming the how.

It is possible to understand the term "Christ" as the encapsulation, the embodiment, of a way of being. The who choosing to become how. The person becoming the way. In doing so showing the way for others to do do likewise.

The who has a place in time. The how is not so restricted, it can be timeless, taken up by any who choose to do so.

petex
Old 01-04-2018, 05:55 AM
Master

There is a school of thought which regards Jesus (the man) as a separate entity from Christ (the Being).

So Jesus was an initiate of a certain degree. Christ (a separate Being and an Avatar of a particular state of consciousness) used the lower vehicles of the initiate Jesus to teach his message.

We have to take all the so-called facts in the Bible with a pinch of salt.
1) The four accepted Gospels were written down years after the supposed death of Jesus,
2) they are all translations of translations (and who knows what has been lost in translation),
3) the four accepted Gospels have many contradictions,
4) and there are all the other Gospels which were rejected because what was said was not acceptable to the very ordinary men who were putting the New Testament together according to their own beliefs and purpose.

So we each have our own inner Christ, and in an esoteric sense we are all Christ crucified on the cross of matter.

Peace.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Ascender

Hello Iamthat. Thank you for sharing that information regarding that school of thought/belief.

I do not personally see the need for such separation. I see willing sublimation.

petex
Old 09-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Newbie ;)

It is about the belief and trust, But we have to understand and find out the reality to live after.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
The who choosing to become how.
This relates to what I am thinking and presenting in the treatise titled "What Jesus Really Meant" which I am in the process of composing (1st chapter available as a pdf download from my website):

I see the "who" as being the "Source", the "Creator", in Jesus's paradigm: the "Father". And I see the "how" as being the "Entity" of "Creation", "Life Itself", in Jesus' paradigm: the "Son".

Quote:
The person becoming the way. In doing so showing the way for others to do do likewise.
I see each of us 'persons' as being aspect-parts of the "Son", each expressing the "Essence" of the "Father" in his or her own (personal) 'way', demonstrating what is possible for others to 'similarly' do if and as they choose to do so.[/quote]
Old 12-05-2018, 07:00 AM
Ascender

uHello David.

I am minded that for some of us words may inspire, words may convey an idea, suggest a possibility.

For some of us, and for a variety of reasons, words are a non starter and inspiration is found elsewhere--for example, through love, beauty, and through example itself.

However we begin though, it is our deeds that transform ideas to reality, it is our deeds which bring a possibility to fruition. Words may be part of such deeds, as in words of support, encouragement, joy, fun, love, and so on. But I think the finest words bow to simple deed.

Again, it is the how, the way. So I believe.

Good wishes. petex
Old 12-05-2018, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
uHello David.

I am minded that for some of us words may inspire, words may convey an idea, suggest a possibility.

For some of us, and for a variety of reasons, words are a non starter and inspiration is found elsewhere--for example, through love, beauty, and through example itself.

However we begin though, it is our deeds that transform ideas to reality, it is our deeds which bring a possibility to fruition. Words may be part of such deeds, as in words of support, encouragement, joy, fun, love, and so on. But I think the finest words bow to simple deed.

Again, it is the how, the way. So I believe.

Good wishes. petex
petex

Reminded me of:

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny."

- attributed to many different 'sources', among others to LaoTzu, the founder (supposedly) of Daoism, 'The Dao' or 'The Tao' often being translated as 'The Way' (i.e 'the Path').