Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 25-05-2018, 03:40 AM
Master
The Seven Laws of Noah

I am not Jewish.

But I am wondering a few things about this.

First a question for those able to answer. These are the seven Jewish laws of Noah, I had been wondering about just whom must adhere to these laws wondering if it is only the Jewish people but the wiki about had answered with since all of humanity descends from Noah, all must adhere.

Here are the laws as stated:

Not to worship idols.
Not to curse God.
To establish courts of justice.
Not to commit murder.
Not to commit adultery or sexual immorality.
Not to steal.
Not to eat flesh torn from a living animal.

I have a few questions.

What actually constitutes worshiping idols? If anyone has read the book of Ezekiel they well know the simple act of lighting incense sends him on a rant and tyrade declaring the Lord told him all whom light and use incense are going to feel the wrath of God.

See. I light incense in my home. Is this idolatry? When I light incense I light it often as an offering to God, is that idolatry? Despite I neither praying to nor worshiping the incense, but rather I am offering the incense to God, while in prayer, sometimes for others, sometimes not, and while I light this incense I worship God. Not the incense.

Does having a mardi-gra mask hung on my wall as a representation of God, count as Idolatry? It represents a view of God. But do I sit and pray to the thing? No.

Is reciting the pledge of allegiance to the flag in school in the west here a form of Idolatry- when you come to the phrase under God, indivisible? Do the Jewish people consider this Idolatry? My opinion on this one in particular myself- is I have always considered this itself idolatry in school because I always "felt" like I was being forced to pray to a flag.

Whereas in the case of my lighting of incense- I am well aware that I am in prayer at these times, to God.

So there is my first question. What actually constitutes idolatry?

Question two is what exactly does "To establish courts of justice mean exactly"?

I'd like to know how many laws I've broken and I can not fully as I do not understand the meaning of this.

Finally is there a way to atone for the breaking of any of these laws? What happens if you don't atone? What happens if you literally can't? Can one be forgiven if some of the laws are broken?

I ask as I've broken four of them that I understand and am aware of.

What happens to someone whom has broken 4 of the laws?

To be clear I am not certain of number one there and number three so I am not clear if I have broken those.

I know I've not broken number 7.

Then what by Jewish law happens to me?
Old 10-06-2018, 05:52 PM
Master
Saturn, hello there!
Re: 1 & 3:

The imperative is upon all of us to establish just societies. Justice is one of the highest forms of Love, and thus one of the highest forms of the Law.

Also not to use the eternally good, the true, and beautiful, which is right-aligned, to justify our misalignment...meaning, we need to take ownership of our choices individually and collectively - and not blame or curse What Is (Source, or God).

We've all fallen short on those no doubt but they are worth striving for.

So you say you've also committed murder, adultery or sexual immorality, and theft?

My first response would be repent and atone. Stop doing these things immediately, and to the best of your ability, take ownership and provide redress where possible for what you have already done.

Due to the magnitude of these failings and the harms that ensue, I would suggest you immediately seek out reputable spiritual counseling from an authority in an established religious tradition, along with investing in and committing to long-term psychological counseling from a vetted, reputable professional.

Peace & blessings to you

7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke