Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Knower
Awakening is only 1/3 of Enlightenment

I was answering another person in another thread, then realized this would be a great topic for discussion:

Full awakening requires each of us to be what the source of creation is by its own identity--Love. Simply being awakened to identity with the unity of all creation (your identity as first face before creation) is not enough. You must become what it is--Love by nature. Once identity and nature are locked, you then know unity, which is the last of the three jewels. All three are one thing--Who you are.

Disunity and dysfunction are all caused by lack of cultivation to fruition. Once you know, you must then look at your image in others, seeing the need in them. YOU are not simply one relative. You are all relatives. As long as suffering exists in this lower realm, you are going to be what you see around you in others. Coming to grips with this in yourself is only one tiny part, yet each part that wakes up serves the rest.

In Buddhism, there are three Jewels to gain. Once gained, the three jewels then negate the power of the first three non-virtues: Wrong View, Wrong Desire and Wrong Nature.

Seen clearly, the three Jewels are defined by the words they occupy.

1) BUDDHA - BUDH means to awaken. Maya is Buddha's mother, or the Sanskrit word meaning, "Illusion."

2) DHARMA - Dharma is the Sanskrit word for universal nature, the teachings of the awakened (BUDH) and the single nature of all things--Nirvana.

3) SANGHA - Sangha means assembly, or the unity of all beings as one thing.

Compare each of the three Jewels to Christian faith: CHRIST (awakened Son of God), LOVE (Nature of God) and CHURCH (Assembly of the Awakened).

How is awakening only 1/3 of enlightenment?

You come to know your identity (BUDH) when you awaken. You then seek this in meditation, touching your nature (Samadhi). Once you know Love by nature and the knowing that comes from waking to oneness, you realize the unity of all beings under the same nature and identity. This is enlightenment, yet how can Love recognize you as something it is not?

In other words Love only recognizes itself, meaning this: You are required to cultivate the nature in others, ending the suffering in yourself (all sentient beings that are you). All in All.

Get busy! You work is not in the little 'i' and me of ego. It is in the other aspects of you in unity to the whole (all others). Love is Yoga, or union.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Knower

Buddhist teachings may well define your experience of the universe, but they're not accurate for everyone. This would have been more appropriately posted in the "Buddhism" section of the "Religions & Faiths" area.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDayAfterYesterday
I was answering another person in another thread, then realized this would be a great topic for discussion:

Full awakening requires each of us to be what the source of creation is by its own identity--Love. Simply being awakened to identity with the unity of all creation (your identity as first face before creation) is not enough. You must become what it is--Love by nature. Once identity and nature are locked, you then know unity, which is the last of the three jewels. All three are one thing--Who you are.

Disunity and dysfunction are all caused by lack of cultivation to fruition. Once you know, you must then look at your image in others, seeing the need in them. YOU are not simply one relative. You are all relatives. As long as suffering exists in this lower realm, you are going to be what you see around you in others. Coming to grips with this in yourself is only one tiny part, yet each part that wakes up serves the rest.

In Buddhism, there are three Jewels to gain. Once gained, the three jewels then negate the power of the first three non-virtues: Wrong View, Wrong Desire and Wrong Nature.

Seen clearly, the three Jewels are defined by the words they occupy.

1) BUDDHA - BUDH means to awaken. Maya is Buddha's mother, or the Sanskrit word meaning, "Illusion."

2) DHARMA - Dharma is the Sanskrit word for universal nature, the teachings of the awakened (BUDH) and the single nature of all things--Nirvana.

3) SANGHA - Sangha means assembly, or the unity of all beings as one thing.

Compare each of the three Jewels to Christian faith: CHRIST (awakened Son of God), LOVE (Nature of God) and CHURCH (Assembly of the Awakened).

How is awakening only 1/3 of enlightenment?

You come to know your identity (BUDH) when you awaken. You then seek this in meditation, touching your nature (Samadhi). Once you know Love by nature and the knowing that comes from waking to oneness, you realize the unity of all beings under the same nature and identity. This is enlightenment, yet how can Love recognize you as something it is not?

In other words Love only recognizes itself, meaning this: You are required to cultivate the nature in others, ending the suffering in yourself (all sentient beings that are you). All in All.

Get busy! You work is not in the little 'i' and me of ego. It is in the other aspects of you in unity to the whole (all others). Love is Yoga, or union.

As far as we know through Buddhist Suttas ' Enlightenment is not a word Buddha used, it is a Western word.

'Remember me Brahman as awake' ......Dona Sutta...
Old 04-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluralone
Buddhist teachings may well define your experience of the universe, but they're not accurate for everyone. This would have been more appropriately posted in the "Buddhism" section of the "Religions & Faiths" area.

Sanskrit is not Buddhism, no more than Hebrew is Jewish. Buddhism is a religion and practice based on Sanskrit. In terms of what I stated above, Sanskrit is the feminine side (Great Mother) and Hebrew the Masculine (Father and Son). As the words of all language describes, Spiritual matters are individual to the person, while religion is the practice of the person. This thread is my Spiritual view and maybe not yours, but it is not Buddhism, although Buddhists would recognize what I have found within the language.

In terms of Biblical truth, the Bible is the WORD, while the word Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet, or the letters creating a Son (Word from DNA). It's all hidden in the language itself.

As any good Buddhist would tell you, there is no efficacy in rites and rituals. No matter how you practice religion, Spiritual matters are all about the person inside, which is what this thread represents: Spiritual Awakening and Enlightenment.

Identity is Nature is Unity.

While Word is Hebrew, Tantra is Sanskrit. Both mean a woven cloth (robe) made by the mind (Crown). Sutras are letters weaving words into books, or the Tantra we wear. For instance, if you see a person wearing the clothing of a Jewish Orthodox Rabbi, you say he is wearing the text of the Torah as a Robe. This is what Tantra means.

As for myself, I wear the text of no religion, but recognize the token of what the robe represents. There is a difference. The text becomes the body if we fail to overcome the need for the body. In the case of an Enlightened mind, there is no worship. Those who know do not worship. Those who do not know worship.

What does this have to do with identity? Thank on this.
Old 04-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
As far as we know through Buddhist Suttas ' Enlightenment is not a word Buddha used, it is a Western word.

'Remember me Brahman as awake' ......Dona Sutta...

The word BUDH and BODHI are the same word root. Both mean what the name of Buddha means. This is why it can't be explained to anyone with words. Truth is unmanifest and unnamed. It must be manifest by the person wearing the truth: One Mind, One Heart and One Unity. Nirvana is DHARMA, or one single truth undivided, which is what Buddha means to the person awake. It's hard to explain, but easy to see if you can. You then know what the Sutras mean. Threads make a robe. The robe is the raft you can cast away once the stream is crossed, which is how we awaken.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluralone
Must agree with you. I'm only minimally interested in Buddhist terminology as I'm closer to Shinto. I really don't want to read definitions of the technical terms. Many have their parallel in western practice anyway and eventually we put our own "words" to them...because they're unique to us. I spent some time with the Tantra Shastras but that's about it.

I believe both awakening and enlightenment are continuous processes although they proceed in small discrete steps. Big bang moments are possible (they've happened to me using certain processes to reach to mystical depths but it still comes back to how one integrates what one discovers. A light may suddenly come on but it takes time to take in what one sees.)

The "truth" if there is such a thing, is unique to us all. In terms of signs (semiotics) no guru could convey her/his experience of truth or the universe to me, nor could I to her/him. We're trapped by the limitations of words (the signs).

Just my views.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Sanskrit is not Buddhism, no more than Hebrew is Jewish. In terms of what I stated above, Sanskrit is the feminine side (Great Mother) and Hebrew the Masculine (Father and Son). As the words of all language describes, Spiritual matters are individual to the person, while religion is the practice of the person. This thread is my Spiritual view and maybe not yours, but it is not Buddhism, although Buddhists would recognize what I have found within the language.

In terms of Biblical truth, the Bible is the WORD, while the word Father in Hebrew is Aleph Bet, or the letters creating a Son (Word from DNA). It's all hidden in the language itself.

As any good Buddhist would tell you, there is no efficacy in rites and rituals. No matter how you practice religion, Spiritual matters are all about the person inside, which is what this thread represents: Spiritual Awakening and Enlightenment.

Identity is Nature is Unity.

While Word is Hebrew, Tantra is Sanskrit. Both mean a woven cloth (robe) made by the mind (Crown). Sutras are letters weaving words into books, or the Tantra we wear. For instance, if you see a person wearing the clothing of a Jewish Orthodox Rabbi, you say he is wearing the text of the Torah as a Robe. This is what Tantra means.

As for myself, I wear the text of no religion, but recognize the token of what the robe represents. There is a difference. The text becomes the body if we fail to overcome the need for the body. In the case of an Enlightened mind, there is no worship. Those who know do not worship. Those who do not know worship.

What does this have to do with identity? Thank on this.

Buddhism is not based on Sanskrit , it's based on the teachings of Siddhārtha Gautama, Shakyamuni Buddha. Sanskrit is a language.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
The word BUDH and BODHI are the same word root. Both mean what the name of Buddha means. This is why it can't be explained to anyone with words. Truth is unmanifest and unnamed. It must be manifest by the person wearing the truth: One Mind, One Heart and One Unity. Nirvana is DHARMA, or one single truth undivided, which is what Buddha means to the person awake. It's hard to explain, but easy to see if you can. You then know what the Sutras mean. Threads make a robe. The robe is the raft you can cast away once the stream is crossed, which is how we awaken.

You seem to be a little confused with Buddhism and its teachings.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Must agree with you. I'm only minimally interested in Buddhist terminology as I'm closer to Shinto. I really don't want to read definitions of the technical terms. Many have their parallel in western practice anyway and eventually we put our own "words" to them...because they're unique to us. I spent some time with the Tantra Shastras but that's about it.

I believe both awakening and enlightenment are continuous processes although they proceed in small discrete steps. Big bang moments are possible (they've happened to me using certain processes to reach to mystical depths but it still comes back to how one integrates what one discovers. A light may suddenly come on but it takes time to take in what one sees.)

The "truth" if there is such a thing, is unique to us all. In terms of signs (semiotics) no guru could convey her/his experience of truth or the universe to me, nor could I to her/him. We're trapped by the limitations of words (the signs).

Just my views.

Your onto it Lorelyen. I highlighted the bit that I feel is important to the life process within those moments you mentioned for you. I look at each moment of discovery as a marker to open more. Even as it may appear solid and fixed in that moment of "seeing" showing something profound or deep, the process is life itself and its all ongoing inclusive of so many aspects of life around you. I think much of those "moments" spark a deeper understanding that we can latch onto "this" as being "it" where as being and it are continuously being and it is just an experience of life and showing more of life... I think as humans we can sometimes forget we are part of all life. So our ideas and self serving natures can believe its all about us. hehe

Through my experience it seems to get more simple and effortless, deepening one to be in this body to take care of oneself and moving through life more aware through each process to know how to move and where to be.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 05-02-2018, 02:54 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Buddhism is not based on Sanskrit , it's based on the teachings of Siddhārtha Gautama, Shakyamuni Buddha. Sanskrit is a language.

Sanskrit is the pathway for the teaching. Right view is the only correct understanding, which is rooted in the nature and unity of what the language is representing to the mind. Mind is Buddha.

30. This Mind Is Buddha
Daibai asked Baso: "What is Buddha?"

Baso said: "This mind is Buddha."

Mumon's comment: If anyone wholly understands this, he is wearing Buddha's clothing, he is eating Buddha's food, he is speaking Buddha's words, he is behaving as Buddha, he is Buddha. This anecdote, however, has given many a pupil the sickness of formality. If one truly understands, he will wash out his mouth for three days after saying the word Buddha, and he will close his ears and flee after hearing "This mind is Buddha."

Under blue sky, in bright sunlight,
One need not search around.
Asking what Buddha is
Is like hiding loot in one's pocket and declaring oneself innocent.

The teaching of Buddha is the mind you occupy. Language is merely expedient means to realization of both. Awakening is 1/3 of the way past the nature and unity we must see to realize.