Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 10-09-2016, 03:38 PM
Master
Buddhism.

Religion is not just some dry intellectual idea but rather your basic philosophy of life: you hear a teaching that makes sense to you, find through experience that it relates positively with your psychological makeup, get a real taste of it through practice, and adopt it as your spiritual path.’*

This to me is the perfect description of Buddhism.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:09 PM
Suspended
Master

That was good. I would say a lot of stuff exists, some good and some bad and everything in between. Elements of Buddhism are good but then like everything that exists that we encounter, it is up to us what we do with it.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:58 PM
Ascender

The nature of the path is only to clarify yourself to those we are working with, who we do not truly understand in relation to us.

The practice is living, those lessons learned as in my experience are unique to the individuals circumstance, some will be learning things that apply to mundane life, this is as important as all else, everyone is working the path.. to define your life in such a way that there is reference to it, simply allows one to approach the interaction in a certain manner that someone with mundane views other than certain culmination of circumstance can comprehend without major effort to deal with things in a new way.

It is living, and would not be the true essence of the love of Sophia to not realize that wisdom is the living dance of knowledge that shapes our existence. And the greater this wisdom is inherent to your life, granted by wisdom herself, the greater the ability to allow life to move into greater relationships who's form depend on the relationship itself. Though this begins at the level of intellect, it's nature can be realized into physical reality which works the same way as our mind.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:51 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Religion is not just some dry intellectual idea but rather your basic philosophy of life: you hear a teaching that makes sense to you, find through experience that it relates positively with your psychological makeup, get a real taste of it through practice, and adopt it as your spiritual path.’*

This to me is the perfect description of Buddhism.

Is religion a need of Gods involving ? Or without Gods is only a human practice of human nature or as your expression as psychological doing. Can it produces a God or Buddha as God that most of the human admired as some sorts of dharma? Yet Buddhism has no practice of dharma, they want peaceful and equanimity may be wisdom through the Buddha practice path. And I hardly quoted it as a religion because no Gods are involving and no seeking of them. Is it true as what I said that's only Buddha knew.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Is religion a need of Gods involving ? Or without Gods is only a human practice of human nature or as your expression as psychological doing. Can it produces a God or Buddha as God that most of the human admired as some sorts of dharma? Yet Buddhism has no practice of dharma, they want peaceful and equanimity may be wisdom through the Buddha practice path. And I hardly quoted it as a religion because no Gods are involving and no seeking of them. Is it true as what I said that's only Buddha knew.

I don't think religion needs a God Jeremy.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't think religion needs a God Jeremy.

Religion is a way to worship of Gods. Or a way of physical practice like Qi practice is not a religion but one day any "great" guy raise it to be a religion, can it be as a religion someday? That's what always trouble my thinking.

It should have some incident that people thought that God is involved or he become God. In Chinese belief he is a God.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Religion is a way to worship of Gods. Or a way of physical practice like Qi practice is not a religion but one day any "great" guy raise it to be a religion, can it be as a religion someday? That's what always trouble my thinking.

It should have some incident that people thought that God is involved or he become God. In Chinese belief he is a God.

I don't know the definition of the word ' Religion ' in Chinese Jeremy, but here it comes from the Latin word 'Religare ' which means to tie or bind together.....
Old 11-09-2016, 08:58 AM
Suspended
Sky,

I have an explanation of "religion" from the ADVANCED LEARNER'S ENGLISH-CHINESE DICTIONARY it means " the belief in the existence of a god or gods, and the activities that are connected with the worship of them".

But Buddhism always stated that there's no god. It means no worship of gods. Is Buddha in our mind a God and Buddha? When we referred to Buddha he is a God.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:04 AM
Master

The teachings of Buddhism have greatly enriched the world. Adding wisdom and love to human consciousness.
In my humble opinion all people, no matter what their faith, should read up on the finest of Buddhist thinking and teaching. It cannot fail to leave a positive impression.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

I have an explanation of "religion" from the ADVANCED LEARNER'S ENGLISH-CHINESE DICTIONARY it means " the belief in the existence of a god or gods, and the activities that are connected with the worship of them".

But Buddhism always stated that there's no god. It means no worship of gods. Is Buddha in our mind a God and Buddha? When we referred to Buddha he is a God.

Yes there are many definitions of the word Religion, but the original Latin definition is the one I use

I don't think of the Buddha as a God Jeremy.