Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 31-01-2018, 01:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Smile What is clairaudience

I was just wondering if Clairaudience originated in the head through the brain or is it the ears picking up the ringing sound/voices. My experience is confusing because it seems like it's coming from the brain but I'm not sure.
Old 31-01-2018, 03:30 AM
Master
It can be both as far as I know.

What you are describing, or asking in regards to with clairaudience can both be seen with clairaudient ability.

Internal clairaudience is a type of clairaudience that comes verily from the mind via thoughts and words, in phrases, sentences, words, that come from within the mind itself.

An example one evening I was attempting to contact a spirit guide which came up in a guide meditation and in a probable self type meditation, my aim was to try and contact my higher or probable self. Or the same entity. I was meditating and began to have a conversation with this entity or guide within my mind. The guide stated the word bees. I asked what about bees, I got the words, bees, honey hives, and all things related to bees, and then honey again. I asked if one was calling me "honey", and then I got "What don't you understand"? "Honey flavored vodka". And then I pondered for several minutes about that, I had never heard of honey flavored vodka, was wondering if it existed, and why anyone would make such a flavor. I pondered the thought "That sounds awful" and the guide responded "It is".

About ten minutes later I hear a knock upon my door. I turn down my music to go and open it. It is my brother he passes me something and says "Here you want this"? I ask what it is while taking it he says "It's vodka" I look down at a small bottle while asking what kind and he tells me "Honey" I say "Come again"? He says "I am giving it to you, do you want it or not"? Kinda irritated, I ask him what is wrong with it and he tells me "It's horrible I don't like it".

That is an example of what you are describing with your ability, it is called internal clairaudience.

Then there is the other form "External Clairaudience". Now I have read on some websites which state this form to be rather rare or more rare than the internal variety, but I couldn't tell you whether that is true or not. I do know it exists as I have experienced it before.

This is the type of clairaudience which is audible and external one hears a voice that holds information, some describe the experience of this quite differently as we all perceive things in a different way. An example of this is say you hear a voice, it says "He is bringing chips", you feel like well alrighty then.... and shrug it off and try not to think too much of it. A friend calls you up and says he is wondering if he can stop by for a bit, you tell him sure alright. Your friend shows up, and says "Hey I brought these, thought we could snack a bit" you look at what it is your friend brought and it is a bag of chips.

Therefore external clairaudience is the ability to hear a voice in an audible manner that seems to come from outside of the self.

My father has a theory that what we hear as these audible voices, are our thoughts or voices that come from our own mind only instead of internally we hear them externally.

This is the theory he gave me after my diagnoses of paranoid schizophrenia.

I have a couple examples of hearing in an external clairaudient manner myself. One has to do with a reading for another so I will not tell it.

The other well I have told it before and do not want to bore you.

That is what clairaudience is. It can actually be both these things you describe. It is said the external form is rather rare, and the internal form you describe yourself as having is more frequent.

Personally I was flabberghasted when I discovered I could tap into the internal variety when trying to contact the guide in my example. I didn't even realize my thoughts could bring information in that way.

Hope that helped, and hope you learn more about your own different abilities, and in ways they can be utilized.

Blessings.
Old 31-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
"SaturninePluto" has done a fantastic job describing clairaudience and its variables. But, if it is alright, I'd like to pipe on in with some of my own experiences and knowledge here since I also happen to be clairaudient.

Yes, there are two different kinds and I actually seem to have both the interior and exterior rather equally. When I am in the theta state (which often happens when I am in the hypnapompic state - i.e., waking up from sleep but conscious), the exterior kind seems to increase exponentially for me.

I get the interior kind in a way that can, sometimes, even help me with my work as a writer of fiction. The belated and set first line of my finished novel came to me via an interior episode of clairaudience one night while I was meditating. I have received other passages of my work in this way as well. I have had words - sometimes foreign or otherwise strange - come to me which I'll find pertinent to my path upon doing some research. I will 'hear' something and, later on, it will be synchronized with something 'in the real.' I once had a vision of statues of angels whilst meditating and then I got, what I thought, was the name, "Harold." About ten minutes later, my son began playing a children's video he'd never played before which just happened to be one for, "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing!" (It wasn't even Christmas time.). This incident showed me I was 'in the flow' and was, most likely, being watched over by angelic hierarchy (if you will).

Interior-wise, I can receive what I call, 'quiet whispers' and they come as strong impressions. This means, there will be a marked thought that stands out and right away, I know it is my clairaudience. This can happen with the foreign words I mentioned earlier. I got the word, 'etoile' once and I already knew it to be French for, 'star.' This, and a few other 'links in the chain,' led me to read Antoine Saint-Exupery's charming children's fable, "The Little Prince" which proved pertinent to my path. Other times, the interior kind is audibly spoken to me from within.

I will get further special messages meant for me of the exterior sort half-the-time. For instance, Higher Self told me to watch a certain film. I watched it later that day and it proved highly providential to my path. Indeed, I was moved to tears in this regard. Also, Higher Self (I know its specific voice) whispered to me upon waking one morning several years ago: "You're pregnant. Go take a pregnancy test now!' I had no reason to suspect I was pregnant, but I took a test anyway (it turned out positive).

Sometimes, I will get messages which do not make sense at first, but then their meanings will come to me in time. They become yet other 'pieces of the puzzle' (so-to-speak) along my soul's journey.

I will, as a medium, feel something speak through me when I ask a question and it's as though I am not moving my mouth but something higher is, something beyond me. I'd once posed a question if I should do something now or if I'd ought to wait. A whisper came through my lips as I lay in bed one night completely relaxed. It said, "Waaaaaaaaaait." So I did. ;-) When I fall into a certain state of being, I can 'channel' pages of information through my lips and through my hand via a pen (the latter is called 'automatic writing' which is a form of clairaudience in its own right). This ability has also helped me with my work. I find that placing a piece of labradorite crystal over my throat chakra raises this ability to even greater levels.

I have 'heard' the, "Music of the Spheres" thanks to my clairaudience. I was very fortunate to experience that once and although I am a writer, I cannot even begin to describe how exquisite and sublime it was.

There are times when I hear bells chime. It seems my guides will either call my name - or relay to me the sound of a doorbell or a phone ringing- when they want to have conference with me.

Naturally, a number of my clairaudient experiences are quite personal so I will not share them here.

I can say that another time, I had this beautiful female voice speak to me in the exterior sense...The voice sounded otherworldly and transcendant. It spoke in Latin: "Dextra astra pacifica." (This translates as, "Peacefully right to the stars.")

Know that clairaudience can, surprisingly, also manifest via a song you may hear in the 'day-to-day-world' which bears relevance to you and your path. This is also true when someone says something to you which resonates on a special level.

I believe I have this particular kind of ESP quite strongly because I was told by a dream guide, that the fifth chakra is 'very powerful' in me. It is this chakra which tends to govern clairaudience, you see - though the seventh also plays its part in it.

I tend to record most of the clairaudient experiences I have - though I can sometimes get what I call 'interference' and so do not record these. This means I can, on occasion, pick up on random conversations in my neighborhood, or at my husband's office, or even conversations my family is having faraway; they bear little importance to me. It is kind of like non-deliberate eavesdropping! ;-)

I hope I have helped add further insight to you on this subject. I wish you all the best in discovering your own ESP potential.

Blessings always!

Last edited by SierraNevadaStar : 31-01-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBM1947
I was just wondering if Clairaudience originated in the head through the brain or is it the ears picking up the ringing sound/voices. My experience is confusing because it seems like it's coming from the brain but I'm not sure.

Perhaps we have to distinguish between the physical senses and the non-physical senses. We also have to differentiate between that which is genuinely heard clairaudiently and our own internal sub-vocalised mental chatter.

So we have physical organs of perception (eyes, ears, etc) and the physical brain interprets what we are seeing or hearing.

And we have subtle senses - for example the astral senses. So astral vision is clairvoyance and astral hearing is clairaudience. These subtle impressions can be impressed upon the physical brain if the brain is sufficiently receptive, and we become consciously aware of them. So it may seem as if these subtle impressions originate in the brain, but the brain is just a receiver.

Most people are usually not receptive to the subtle senses, hence the general lack of clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc. But it makes me wonder how many people are locked up for hearing voices, when perhaps they are simply over-sensitive to the subtle senses.

Peace.