Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 08:06 PM
OceanWaves19161

Awww come on people be nice!. The show most haunted is definately half staged but of course it has to be!. The show is for entertainment and it has to be a bit theatrical or people wouldn't watch it, the network would loose heaps of money and the show would be cut. Personally I find it an amazing thing that that these programs can be shown these days. Not long ago anyone who mentioned this stuff would have landed in jail. Programs like these can open people up to the possibility that there could be more to this world than they realise. A major step in spiritual development. Sure Derek is theatrical but I get a good vibe from him and just remember even mediums can have off days!

Alana:)
Old 13-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I believe Derek Acorah does fake it sometimes, but i dont believe he is a total fake. Some places may just be cold at the point of time the team arrive (you cant always have a full net of fish) i think a majority of people would be pushed into making a few odd noises, and come up with pre-knowledge , for the worry of the show going off air. He was quite accurate on the three mediums with Colin Fry and Tony Stockwell. The trouble with derek is that he is very theatrical and a little ridiculed because of his OVER-ACTING

MEDIUM RATING:

Colin Fry 9-10
Tony Stockwell 8-10
Derek acorah 6-10
John Edward 9-10 (goes on a bit )
James Von Prague 4-10 (if anyone is a fake it's this guy)

Hello all!
I think I'd give Tony a 9/10!
And Colin a 7/10 - for sometimes lacking compassion!
Also agree that Derek isn't a total fake. Believe he's a good medium, when he isn't playing up to the cameras.
Love and light,
AM
Old 13-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic_cutty
Fair enough Lee..But surely having an audience in one of the most spiritual places in the world(Ireland)he could have picked something up..The man made an idiot of himself...He told 2 of my dear friends that they were pregnant sadly they cannt have kids..I could go on but you get the gist..He gives genuine mediums a bad name..Thats only my opinion

I'd kind of agree...
Maybe with all this negativity being thrown at him it's making clarity / accuracy very difficult.
Kind of know what it's like to be a target? Not nice...
A real shame...
AM
Old 13-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
I've got to be brutally honest and say that Most Haunted makes me cringe. Not with fear, but with the knowledge of how fake most of it is! Oh, and Yvette Fielding's eyes on the night-vision camera look like they are about to pop out of their sockets too - yuk!

lol lol lol - good work! x
Old 13-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
Well I still didn't make it past the first half an hour I'm afraid. All that knocking going on whilst they were interviewing Yvette and David Wells at the beginning - I just can't take it seriously! Doesn't help when the other half is sitting there guffawing really loudly and sarcastically every couple of minutes either!

lol lol lol - and again?!
Old 15-03-2007, 01:55 PM
ghostmaker

Hmmm, because of my nature, I do not beleive in any of those shows. in my opinion it is just another scam. No offence intended. A ghost/pholtogeist is real ofcourse but it is an image or feeling projected by someone in some state that is living! Not a product of sugestion. The gullable are there for to be ecsploited, which I am against. these shows should be banned or at least like devolution said "the program is for entertainment only". It should not, I repeat, should not be taken seriously! I seen program were phsycics were blindfolded in a room were there were objects placed infront of them related to the person that was haunting the place. Really impressive as 4 out of 6 got every thing right and new everything about this ww11 pilot. However the brightness was a little low on my t.v and when I looked closely at the blindfolds you could see through them and the phsycics behind them could be seen squinting, straining there eyes, ah mean, cum on, top phsycics phhh. They might of had problems if the objects were behind them lol. Sorry, just cannot get away with it all. Science will prevail. Ghostmaker.
Old 15-03-2007, 02:01 PM
ghostmaker

I know what you mean, I feel the same way about the whole caboodle. I'd be interested to know how much all these people get paid!
Old 15-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Whisperer

I work for a Paranormal Company and I think as much as Most Haunted has lost its way, it has also made talking about ghost and spirits more acceptable in everyday society. People that come to our events have normally seen MH and want to experience something for themselves. Its great because we meet many people who open their world up, get tuned in and who go on to be amazing light workers. I've met some very special people and some amazing spirits on my journeys through the UK.

I'd agree that its becoming quite comical in its 8th season but to keep its popularity going it has to try something. Series 1 they used to get excited about orbs all the time - they wouldn't of lasted another 7 seven series if all they caught was that on each vigil!

Quote:
an image or feeling projected by someone in some state that is living
Interesting concept Ghostmaker - unfortunetly not one I can personally accept at the moment but I would be interested to hear more.
Old 15-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Whisperer

And I miss Degsy's random 'possessions'. I think any medium on that show has a huge pressure on them to perform!

*Wanders off remembering the 'possessed by a monkey' and 'the rabbits are aliens' episode.....*
Closed Thread