Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 21-01-2018, 03:57 AM
Experiencer
Why does it work in old times or no idea of twinflame?

It makes me curious why it works good couples in old times when people had no idea about soulmates and twinflames?

and the people who never care about spirituality, still work out good marriage too , even in nowadays?

It seems behind all these, the universe is working on something.
what's that?
Old 21-01-2018, 04:16 AM
Master

those may be the relationships that are not aware of a role they are meant to play that is spiritual in relation to 3D relationships.
with that, there is no felt pressure or need to be or do anything.

they just are...in a relationship with each other. And there is no title or lable on it.

The hype is the lable and what that means to the person putting that lable on themselves and another. The lable gets a lot of attention and hype.
If one believes the lable and the other doesnt or is not aware or for whatever reason. then the only troubles that come by are emotionally and mental inflictions on the person handing out the lable.

3D relationships are void of such things and remain in peace with who they are and what their relationship means to them.
Old 21-01-2018, 04:44 AM
Deactivated Account
Yes, the word 'twin flame' is a human construct.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 21-01-2018, 05:12 AM
traceyacey12

I can see how the term twin flame probably came into use recently. It is said that romance stories (I'm thinking like soap operas, possibly Disney movies) are based on twin flame stories. I can see that.
Old 21-01-2018, 05:19 AM
Experiencer

Twin flame, soul mate, all of that is just words. We do our best to describe certain phenomenon. But, the words change. I mentioned in another thread recently that it doesn't matter what it's called. It all goes back to the collective unconscious, which has existed and evolved as long as our spirits have existed. "Back in the day" we had the same types of relationships we have now. But, people didn't label them the same way. It's no different. There are people we connect with at different levels. You can successfully have a relationship with someone at any of those levels. I recently read a quote that resonates. I can't remember the exact thing, but it was something along the lines of "Love is not something that comes to you. It's a choice." Fate gives us many possible roads to meet our ends in this lifetime. And so, likewise, there are many ways to love, many ways to experience relationships, and so on.
Old 21-01-2018, 05:21 AM
Guide

I've know my twin flame for decades, before personal computers, smart phones, tablets or the internet existed. We still had the running and push/pull and everything that goes along with twin flames but we did not have the resources to find information that we do today.

I think with the internet more people are coming across the terms soulmate and twin flame and are placing those labels onto any relationship. Some are twin flame or soulmates but a lot are just plain 3D relationships.

There certainly are many couples with good marriages who are not twin flames or soulmates, just normal people. Some may be twin flames but simply do not look for information on the internet, so they go along never knowing.

Had my twin not come back in my life and turn everything upside down, I never would have searched the internet for what was happening to me and come across twin flames, but that explained everything we had been through.
Old 21-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
those may be the relationships that are not aware of a role they are meant to play that is spiritual in relation to 3D relationships.

they just are...in a relationship with each other. And there is no title or lable on it.

The hype is the lable and what that means to the person putting that lable on themselves and another. The lable gets a lot of attention and hype.
If one believes the lable and the other doesnt or is not aware or for whatever reason. then the only troubles that come by are emotionally and mental inflictions on the person handing out the lable.

3D relationships are void of such things and remain in peace with who they are and what their relationship means to them.

Nice analysis if I may say so. Only point is about this 3D stuff which is as much a label as anything as spirituality seems to exist in a continuous and infinite whole of which the earthbound/material form is just one "component." (I.e. not categorised as various dimensions.) Those mundane relationships exist in this 'what would you call it?' A multiverse? even if they aren't aware of it. Their love and bonding is deeply spiritual enough not to keep bothering with the mechanics of it. They are inseparable, probably nearer "as one" than many spiritually inspired folk who are more concerned about their relating than just being. Perhaps ignorance can sometimes be bliss!
Old 21-01-2018, 11:38 AM
Master
In old times people didn't have the option to leave a marriage, so once in, they were in for life whether they liked it or not. They had to make the best of it. And I'm quite sure many weren't all that happy at all. On a superficial level maybe.
But in the old times women had little say in matters, not even when it came to having sex and not wanting it. It was your duty as a woman and wife. A couple had no say in getting children or not or how many. It was your duty to procreate (pressure from society and religion).
If things where off in a marriage, woman had to work harder to please the man. It was her fault and her task to improve things.
Even if people were happy, it was on a different level, a different way. Since people weren't fully aware, since there was no space to be aware in society, they didn't expect more from life either.
Almost like having been reared on tomato soup and bread. How would you long for a juicy steak and potatoes if you don't even know it exists? Or in the rare cases one did know, how could one obtain it when society totally rejected steak and potatoes, only accepted you as long as you stuck with tomato soup and bread?
People had very little personal freedom. Emphasis was less on the individual, mostly on the community. And community set the vibe, not you as an individual. If you did, you were an outcast.
And I'm not talking ancient times here, this was all still the case in the 50, even the 60s and 70s to some extent.
For instance, my parents got divorced in the 70s. The taboo! The stigma! It was totally not done, unacceptable. I wasn't allowed to talk about it because other ppl would judge. Now this was in Holland, quite the progressive country.

Also don't forget that people didn't work to live but lived to work. I believe that until the 50s people still had to work 6 days a week, often 12-14 hrs a day. On their only day off they had to go to church, when very religious twice on that day.
That doesn't leave you time to breathe, let alone work on self-development. Apart from that, I think this all forced people to bond and attach because on your own it was much harder to even survive. When you were part of a couple and then also a community, your life became much easier. So the importance of having that was way more important than becoming an enlightened individual.
I think only priesthood offered that option.
Old 21-01-2018, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Yesterday, 10:16 PM
Inika
Master

Quoted for empathise .

Last edited by girlsearching : 21-01-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 21-01-2018, 03:45 PM
Experiencer
Seven years ago during the onset of signs and synchronicity, I had absolutely no idea why those things were happening to me. This was loooong before he and I ever spoke. I remember parking my car at random spots in the city and just sitting there, longing for a stranger. It scared me so much that I could feel a pull so powerful and which would virtually paralyze me for a few moments. Then I started to long for him every night before bed. Eventually it turned into a situation where he never left my mind whether I was awake or asleep.

I started to see some posts on Facebook (incidentally, that’s where I first found him and friended him) about soulmates and twin flames. I became increasingly curious so one day I posted a simple question to my wall “What’s the difference between soulmates and twin flames?” My twin replied with a huge article about twin flames. Thinking back to that day, how incredible to have my own twin tell me what twin flames are, right?

But before anyone gets excited about this story, in 2016 (there’s a long story before that) when I finally told him about my beliefs in this phenomenon he said “you only think that because of that post where you asked that question about twin flames and I threw that b***s*** out there about the twinflame...”

If it weren’t for the Internet I would’ve never known that others were calling this thing twin flames. But that’s just a label, one that we all are forced to use to find each other, like these forums, and maybe some healing too.