Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 21-01-2018, 01:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
What I've come to realise and appreciate is that Twin Flames, like spirituality, is a concept. In effect someone's belief, where we may then choose to agree or disagree with someone else's view as each of us is entitled to believe or dismiss it. This is why so much information (and misinformation) exits on the internet and other sources.

In my view and experience I would suggest that to hold such beliefs also brings expectation rather than being able to accept people, situations and the world around us purely for what they are.

Quite simply everyone and everything is the primordial energy of the universe. Anything else we add to this then becomes a concept.

So I really don't put any emphasis on the concept of Twin Flames, or spiritual concepts like the misnomer of past lives or Twin Flames other than me knowing who I am. As nothing is hidden from any of us. So when you really consider this introspectively, it truly all becomes immaterial.

I therefore embrace and appreciate all the connections I have in my life for what they are without contaminating it with a belief system. Be it Twin Flames or otherwise.

excellent post ghost and possibly one of the most sober, realistic and truthful post i've come by in this section yet.

if one person holds the belief that another is their twin flame, the other doesn't need to or have to comply to the belief for it to be true to the believer of twin flames. Much like past lives. Ghost, i could believe is my husband in a past life. He doesnt need to believe this for me to believe it. it's what i believe. it' sits with me. not ghost. It's something I can work out or not without him needing to work it out with me. If i believe ghost is my past life husband, and there is a connection to him....what must ghost do? What does this mean in this life? What meaning in this life do I give it? It means this, therefore he must do this and we must be like this (insert the role and interaction he and I must play) I decide how things need to be and must be, especially if websites state how things should go, despite ghost believing or not in what i believe he is to me.
Now, if things don't work, and ghost doesn't comply, or dismisses this, or doesn't want to be in a relationship with me, or was in a relationship with me, then ended it. I'm done for...my life is basically over, because it all hinges on ghost complying to my belief. and i'll be miserable, unhappy, unwhole. and basically may as well end my life. Maybe use some other people to try see if i can re-create that feeling i had with ghost. im gonna be lost, empty, no one, nothing. I'll need ghost to come back and be by my side for this to be a legit, authentic connection. i'll just need ghost to 'awaken' to us in his heart, there may be meditations and books i can buy to help him. I can't be happy without ghost.

we need to really be real with ourselves. and others. Is it how our mind perceives how things are, and is it the same perception the other you call a twin flame has too?

maybe thats why 'where are all the twin flames' is the title and question of this thread.
its RARE for TWO people to fully, honestly believe 100% together in the exact same concept and belief about who they are to each other. And be a 'couple' in the public eye let alone private.

good luck to you all.
Old 21-01-2018, 02:30 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
What I've come to realise and appreciate is that Twin Flames, like spirituality, is a concept. In effect someone's belief, where we may then choose to agree or disagree with someone else's view as each of us is entitled to believe or dismiss it. This is why so much information (and misinformation) exits on the internet and other sources.

In my view and experience I would suggest that to hold such beliefs also brings expectation rather than being able to accept people, situations and the world around us purely for what they are.

Quite simply everyone and everything is the primordial energy of the universe. Anything else we add to this then becomes a concept.

So I really don't put any emphasis on the concept of Twin Flames, or spiritual concepts like the misnomer of past lives or Twin Flames other than me knowing who I am. As nothing is hidden from any of us. So when you really consider this introspectively, it truly all becomes immaterial.

I therefore embrace and appreciate all the connections I have in my life for what they are without contaminating it with a belief system. Be it Twin Flames or otherwise.

you know, what you're saying makes sense, but maybe some of us aren't as enlightened as you. I'm serious. Twin flames go through purging and rise of the ego that interferes with their relationships and maybe this means that inheritedly those that identify as twin flames are by definition less enlightened? This idea is a paraphrasing of something I read here before and it makes perfect sense. Twin flames by definition experience stubborn with regard to some aspect spirituality, that's what I think. what do you think?
Old 21-01-2018, 03:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
you know, what you're saying makes sense, but maybe some of us aren't as enlightened as you. I'm serious. Twin flames go through purging and rise of the ego that interferes with their relationships and maybe this means that inheritedly those that identify as twin flames are by definition less enlightened? This idea is a paraphrasing of something I read here before and it makes perfect sense. Twin flames by definition experience stubborn with regard to some aspect spirituality, that's what I think. what do you think?

Yet the TF path is one way in which a soul can get to that place though... if one chooses to allow it's lessons to get us there....
Ultimately even if it is a belief it is also a path which the soul can choose and as with any path eventually serve its ultimately purpose and from there another may path may be choosen in its place... one which serves the souls purpose from the new point.
All experiences become intergrated into the whole - each experience serving some part of that whole.

These beautiful posts really resonate with the ideals of unity consciousness- where one recognises, honours and respects the wholeness and individuality of each soul... all as one spark of the life force of the all...
This can be the destination of the TF path but one has to be willing to let go of any and all attachments to the various beliefs, definitions and conditions we have placed upon what we think it should or shouldn't be... that is of course if that is what we choose.
Old 21-01-2018, 03:39 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
Yet the TF path is one way in which a soul can get to that place though... if one chooses to allow it's lessons to get us there....
Ultimately even if it is a belief it is also a path which the soul can choose and as with any path eventually serve its ultimately purpose and from there another may path may be choosen in its place... one which serves the souls purpose from the new point.
All experiences become intergrated into the whole - each experience serving some part of that whole.

These beautiful posts really resonate with the ideals of unity consciousness- where one recognises, honours and respects the wholeness and individuality of each soul... all as one spark of the life force of the all...
This can be the destination of the TF path but one has to be willing to let go of any and all attachments to the various beliefs, definitions and conditions we have placed upon what we think it should or shouldn't be... that is of course if that is what we choose.

yes. agree.
Old 21-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inika
excellent post ghost and possibly one of the most sober, realistic and truthful post i've come by in this section yet.

if one person holds the belief that another is their twin flame, the other doesn't need to or have to comply to the belief for it to be true to the believer of twin flames. Much like past lives. Ghost, i could believe is my husband in a past life. He doesnt need to believe this for me to believe it. it's what i believe. it' sits with me. not ghost. It's something I can work out or not without him needing to work it out with me. If i believe ghost is my past life husband, and there is a connection to him....what must ghost do? What does this mean in this life? What meaning in this life do I give it? It means this, therefore he must do this and we must be like this (insert the role and interaction he and I must play) I decide how things need to be and must be, especially if websites state how things should go, despite ghost believing or not in what i believe he is to me.
Now, if things don't work, and ghost doesn't comply, or dismisses this, or doesn't want to be in a relationship with me, or was in a relationship with me, then ended it. I'm done for...my life is basically over, because it all hinges on ghost complying to my belief. and i'll be miserable, unhappy, unwhole. and basically may as well end my life. Maybe use some other people to try see if i can re-create that feeling i had with ghost. im gonna be lost, empty, no one, nothing. I'll need ghost to come back and be by my side for this to be a legit, authentic connection. i'll just need ghost to 'awaken' to us in his heart, there may be meditations and books i can buy to help him. I can't be happy without ghost.

we need to really be real with ourselves. and others. Is it how our mind perceives how things are, and is it the same perception the other you call a twin flame has too?

maybe thats why 'where are all the twin flames' is the title and question of this thread.
its RARE for TWO people to fully, honestly believe 100% together in the exact same concept and belief about who they are to each other. And be a 'couple' in the public eye let alone private.

good luck to you all.

Thank you so much Inika, and I completely agree. Although I do know how privileged I'd be if I was your husband

Light-heartedness aside, I really do take your point and would go as far to say that even when both partners believe they are each other's Twin Flame this can still be somewhat misleading as it is still based on a concept - although one they are both entitled to share in.

As you so rightly say, there can also be a dependency that brings expectation and lead to the kind of sorrow you so accurately describe. This can be even further compounded when a relationship is reinforced by this kind of belief system that becomes shattered when one partner then needs to follow their life path away from the other.

Quote:

I really do like your post traceyacey12 where I believe we are all enlightened. It is just that so many people are unaware of who they are as they play the game of 'hide and seek' inside themselves. Where they consider themselves to be a soul within a body rather than being the soul of the Universe. So when we explore spirituality, we often start from this viewpoint of being a separate 'Being'. In the same way, those who begin their spiritual journey often look at the Twin Flames in the same light so see a Twin Flame about being divine unison.

If anything, I would suggest that the Twin Flame journey is a voyage of self-discovery.

When I met my 'Twin Flame' we shared in the most beautiful, perfect and magical experience. She even coined the phrase 'My search for the truth'. It is only when she needed to follow her own life path and the devastating heartache that it brought me because of my loss associated with this concept did I really come to understand the true nature of spirituality, who I am, and my own truth.

So I had a choice. I could revert to how I thought previously and deny her, or I could evolve for myself based on the platform we started together and embrace her. After having a glimpse of really exploring who I am and cherishing every moment we shared with each other it was an easy decision. If not necessarily an easy road. To continue forward I had to re-evaluate and let go of so much I had come to believe in and find my own truth. To discover the true meaning of reality. Where this is open to anyone and everyone without them having to have any special gifts, or achieve any specific life or spiritual goals - it simply becomes an inner understanding and acceptance.

To give you an example, most people see themselves and their lives under a spotlight - so they have a very restricted view. Enlightenment is about seeing yourself under the floodlight that shines all around. So you can see everything so clearly and without any restrictions or inhibitions. The question being how to turn the floodlight on. This can be by a person (and is where the term 'Twin Flames' or 'Twin Flame Catalysts' becomes associated).

However, this can actually come from anything. From reading a book; to watching a film; to speaking to a child; to a life event. Anything that starts you on your path of inner knowing. So when you look in the mirror, you don't just see yourself - you see the Eternal Universe looking back at you and are in complete awe of your consciousness. Once you see this in yourself, beyond ego and any kind of superiority with us all being the very same, you then see this in everyone and everything and you find complete balance and harmony.

In all honesty, we all go on this journey. Where we discover things for ourselves. As after all, this is the purpose of life - to experience. What you come to realise is that no matter your journey, if you follow it all the way through and go beyond a concept or belief system (no matter how wonderful or appealing as it may be!) you will ultimately come back to yourself. Your starting point. The difference being that you will have the most perfect view of yourself and the Universe around you. Where you truly feel at 'One' with the cosmos. Where you find the real beauty in life and in love.

I really do wish you the most incredible journey, as your destiny is always what you make of it for yourself.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 21-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Experiencer

This topic has gone from "where are they" to a thorough analysis of "what is it - but it doesn't matter." At least that is my take from it.

I too have realized that everyone's individual journey is different, though we have similar themes that may run through our lives. And true, it doesn't matter if your twin flame wants to stay together or not. I'm sure it is that way for a reason - for your own growth's reason. Twin flames might not be at the same level of maturity.

Surely our individual state influences the whole state, thus influencing the TF's state and his/her reactions to it. Beliefs and maturity are factors of that individual state. But each person's belief and level of spiritual maturity influences how they 'flow' - for lack of a better word. Spiritual growth is not influenced by time or space or anything that we are aware of in our physical world. Spiritual growth, maturity, unity, etc. are concepts of the spiritual realm and must be discovered through its own essence. Thus, twin flames are only discovered through its own - the deepest parts of self. This could explain why most are not unified.

Quote:
In all honesty, we all go on this journey. Where we discover things for ourselves. As after all, this is the purpose of life - to experience. What you come to realise is that no matter your journey, if you follow it all the way through and go beyond a concept or belief system (no matter how wonderful or appealing as it may be!) you will ultimately come back to yourself. Your starting point.
Old 21-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
This topic has gone from "where are they" to a thorough analysis of "what is it - but it doesn't matter." At least that is my take from it.

I too have realized that everyone's individual journey is different, though we have similar themes that may run through our lives. And true, it doesn't matter if your twin flame wants to stay together or not. I'm sure it is that way for a reason - for your own growth's reason. Twin flames might not be at the same level of maturity.

Surely our individual state influences the whole state, thus influencing the TF's state and his/her reactions to it. Beliefs and maturity are factors of that individual state. But each person's belief and level of spiritual maturity influences how they 'flow' - for lack of a better word. Spiritual growth is not influenced by time or space or anything that we are aware of in our physical world. Spiritual growth, maturity, unity, etc. are concepts of the spiritual realm and must be discovered through its own essence. Thus, twin flames are only discovered through its own - the deepest parts of self. This could explain why most are not unified.

Super post aimtobe :)

You are quite right about the emphasis here, where I would suggest that the simple answer is there aren’t any Twin Flames! Simply how we connect with those around us and how they connect with us. If we then give any of these connections a label we immediately compartmentalise them - so brings limitation and expectation rather than just accepting others for who they are.

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 21-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Experiencer

labels and boxes are of the physical or psychological realm. whichever it is, it isn't the spiritual.
Old 21-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Yeah the same dynamic exists between my 'twin' and me, too (apparently in one lifetime I was responsible for her being executed for plotting to kill the Queen - but then regicide is wrong, people!), and I've heard of that dynamic existing between other TFs too. As Kate Bush sang in 'Running Up That Hill', 'Why do we hurt the ones we love?' You weren't wrong about that, Kathy dear...

Maybe it’s a common thing between TFs. I mean, the level of awareness and awakening can often be very different—even if they’re destined to accomplish something together during their incarnations. Especially the ‘mirroring’ too.
Old 21-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Master

Quote:
the twin flame name is given to too many different scenarios of soul connections (ones that have an impact and then just leave afterwards vs those that achieve union for example). maybe if they had different names then I would find my kind more easily?

Never before heard that Twin Flame was about achieving union with each other; are it not more of a growing thing where each get to see him / herself in full spectrum so they can achieve their individual union with consciousness? Yet some just does it in different approximation to each other, depending on whatever is needed to further... something I might never truly understand I might be able to make some equation to help though, since it is quite essential to see self and other self (TF) as complete equals in approximation to what one dreams for it to fully occur as one desire... though I am not certain free will exist besides the choice between suffering or enjoying wherever one might be... so maybe such is not really helpful; unless it was for you to read it and understand it. Think I'm just rambling a bit right now