Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 12-03-2015, 04:33 AM
Newbie ;)

Yoga can help you Improves Blood Circulation, Decreases stress, glow shining on face, weight lose and personal fitness. Yoga help in both Physical Health and Mental Health.

Last edited by Adrienne : 20-04-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Old 28-08-2015, 08:22 PM
kvreiki

I've been doing Qigong and Zhang Zhuang for three years now and I've never felt any better. It's funny because it only takes anywhere from 10 to 15mins to finish the movements but after I'm done it always feels like a weight have been lifted off of me.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I think any kind of exercise helps - but the more it gets your heart pumping, etc the better - exercise releases endorphins - the "feel-good" chemical our body produces when we get a good work-out...
That being said...off I go to do a work out

My sentiments exactly.
Old 13-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Lorelyen

Just dance. The biggest uplifter of spirits any time!

But I know what you mean - having been the victim of an anti-depressant medicine (not because I was depressed but I'm insomniac and doctors in the UK are hell-bent on prescribing anything other than soporifics). Ones motivation and will-power go all too easily.

In fact, I'll go to the extent of saying that Amitryptalene made me depressed. I had to stop it. The lassitude was too much.

I agree with many here - exercise that isn't a chore does help to lift depression for physiological reasons. Hence dance. I love dancing - not the formal ballroom stuff but latin line dancing, zumba, medau, free form to music that really grips you. It keeps you very fit into the bargain.

Old 16-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Seeker

I would support, in particular, the suggestions above about working up a sweat and getting the endorphins going.

I've had some winter depressive symptoms (SAD) for years and exercise has been an important coping tool. It's never been so bad that I can't run, but if it were I'd try swimming, even sweat-inducing sessions on a stationary bike.
Old 19-07-2016, 05:26 AM
Deactivated Account

A great cure for depression and seasonal affective disorder is polar bear swimming. Also, it burns more calories than any workout.
Old 25-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Master

Exercise has gotten me through some of the most difficult times of my life.
It helps you get all your anxieties , worries , nerves out
It grounds you from getting lost in negative thoughts and it also makes you feel better about yourself. Health , confidence, fitter more attractive body.
It's a win win .
Old 24-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Newbie ;)

Yoga is a relaxing one, you do need it. However you need as well energetical exercises, you can try boxing. Jogging or running if you don't like, no need to do that, but it's great that you walk.
Old 26-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Seeker
You need to do cardio because of neurogenesis (look that up in google, there's massive evidence linking it to anti-depressive effects). Eat carbs last 24 hrs before you do it to fill your glycogen up so you have more energy. Drop by drop an ocean is born!
Old 16-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg
Do you know what kind of exercises would be good when one is suffering heavily from depression? Before you ask I am getting medical treatment for it. When I'm really depressed and have zero energy I find it impossible to do running, or anything cardiovascular, I'll usually walk or maybe do some yoga stretches.

If we look at exercise as means to get out of depression, it might become a replacement for medication, and can create a dependency on that exercise.

How is your current health & fitness? Is there anything specific that you would like to work on improve?