Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 23-10-2018, 06:21 PM
Newbie ;)

any good vegan food sites?

Okay I don't have any vegan or vegetarian stores near by and I don't drive cause I have autism. plus even if there was one I live with my family because of my disabilities so they'd never take me to a store like that. is there any decent or really good stores online that's for vegan food and protein supplements? I've ate meat my whole life and really am getting grossed out by it because animals deserve love not to be murdered. also I need to lose a lot of weight lol. I've been looking up recipes and found some good ones.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:16 AM
Master
hey sweetie. You don't need protein supplements, in actuality protein is not even what the body really wants. but it took me a lot of years to find this out. I've done tons of research. what it comes down to is that the body likes simplicity and with that it wants the amino acids, which are the building blocks or individual parts that make up a protein.

when you give the body a more complex or "complete" protein, the body has to work very hard to break those proteins down into the individual amino acids. So don't worry about getting protein per se, because every real food has amino acids in it and that is what your body wants and can use. Same with carbohydrates; it doesn't want complex carbohydrates like starches because that is just extra work it has to do breaking them down. It wants the monosaccharides aka single sugars.. especially fructose from fresh fruit as that is the easiest sugar and nutrient for the body to assimilate and digest.

and fruit is the best way to lose unwanted weight because it will help detoxify you the quickest and improve the natural functioning of your body, the way it is supposed to run efficiently. that being said, there is no fancy substitute for vegan food, or supplements in that sense which will do you any good (supplements as far as herbs will help a lot though). You just have to get pure whole foods from the grocery store, or whatever store or market sells food. And if you can get organic that is extremely important because if it is not organic that usually means they sprayed it with poisons, pesticides, etc..

The best foods with the highest healing properties are berries, melons, and grapes. and there are ways to eat them properly, like not combinging a bunch of foods at once, as tempting as it may be. some foods combine better together than others. but something that digests super quickly like melons, should only be eaten alone! or else if other food is eaten near the same time it interrupts the ability of the food/melon to digest and it begins fermenting. fermentation and putrefaction are some of the main issues most people suffer. they eat too many foods combined improperly and drink too much water or other beverages with their meals which inhibits digestion because the body makes stomach acids and all the digestive juices shouldn't be diluted with water cuz then they can't do their job you know? And if you eat the best food, fruit with high water content, or even vegetables though most vegetables are actually technically fruits if they have seeds, well they already have amazing water in them that your body can readily use.

In addition to fruits of course salads can be very healthy. young leafy greens (like baby spinach) are the best for us but you can experiment. if you really want to you can eat other vegetables and some seeds and nuts. but if you are going to eat nuts or seeds, it is very important to soak them in water before you eat them so your body can digest them much better. they have what is referred to as antinutrients which can interfere with the body's ability to get nutrition and nourishment. when you soak them (or sprout them) it unleashes enzymes and more nutrients and negates the effect of some of the potential toxicity. grains, which should be used sparingly if at all, also can and should be soaked or sprouted.

I am not saying you have to eat just fruit to be healthy, just saying it's the quickest way to overcome a toxic or weak body, and the ideal food for humans. but as long as you eat mostly raw food, and eat it in proper combinations (lots of information about this online, let me know if you need help finding some or questions answered) you will be infinitely healthier. it is commendable you don't want to eat animals or their baby's products and most people are not that brave and mindful or openhearted. So any step you take is wonderful.

eating vegan can be fun (I like to call it veganinja cuz it sounds cooler and it is a version that is healthier as it doesn't include eating processed yuckiness like refined sugar) and there are endless possibilities and variety. if you don't want to go the simple super healing route of just eating mostly fruits right now, I have lots of suggestions. like sauces and stuff you can make with seeds and nuts, I mean you can make a milk or cream with almost any seed or nut, or even grain like oatmeal. You can make your own dressings, though I personally just love most raw vegetables or salad with a little sprinkling of pink himalayan salt. I've made a lot of fattening recipes with just vegan ingredients too lol but that's another story.. I always loved fried battered vegetables and stuff like those appetizer samplers you can get at a lot of restaurants, so I finally came up with a vegan version of batter that works and tastes delicious. it is very unhealthy though, but just saying you can make improved veganinja variations to almost any food out there.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:21 AM
Master
oh sorry let me add that I might not have addressed the reason for your post and inquiry. what exactly are you looking for on a website? do you want to know where to buy high quality seeds and nuts or other packaged foods or what exactly? You can find some better things online than in some stores depending on what it is, but you know you don't really need a special store hehe, just the produce section of a grocery store that has an organic area! but if you are looking for something specific I may be able to help you find it as I've seen some sites and resources
Old 07-11-2018, 04:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiccanwolfchild
Okay I don't have any vegan or vegetarian stores near by and I don't drive cause I have autism. plus even if there was one I live with my family because of my disabilities so they'd never take me to a store like that. is there any decent or really good stores online that's for vegan food and protein supplements? I've ate meat my whole life and really am getting grossed out by it because animals deserve love not to be murdered. also I need to lose a lot of weight lol. I've been looking up recipes and found some good ones.

Well done, WWC, for making choices for your greater well-being.

It is important to first establishing nutritious whole food eating, and that is possible in any supermarket (as all supermarkets cater to vegans). You don't need specialty stores to do that as a vegan because normal supermarkets and food stores already cater to vegans. Most vegan recipes do not require vegan specialty items. Vegan speciality online items are mostly processed and packaged anyway, and it is important to establish your whole food eating first. You might like couple of special vegan online store items after you establish your whole food eating.

Vegan Protein:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321474.php
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/gu...protein-vegans

The food supplement industry is shady by any standard, so shopping for these is like swimming in shark infested waters. Special vegan supplements brands are a dark area of the supplement industry where all sorts of charlatans sell potions and tonics that don't do anything at all. All the supplements you might need are available in any supermarket or chemist. Vegans have to supplement vitamin B12 so perhaps go ahead with that from the start, and you can buy food stuffs which are fortified with B12, but other than that, get all of your nutrients from whole food as best you can. After, and only after, establishing nutritious whole food eating can you determine what supplements, if any, you will need to optimise your nutrition.

Reasonable information on B12 (and a well rounded sensible site for vegan information)

https://www.vegansociety.com/resourc...ut-vitamin-b12

Good for you for enhance your well-being!

(No animals were harmed in the making of this post)
Old 07-11-2018, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
hey sweetie. You don't need protein supplements, in actuality protein is not even what the body really wants. but it took me a lot of years to find this out. I've done tons of research. what it comes down to is that the body likes simplicity and with that it wants the amino acids, which are the building blocks or individual parts that make up a protein.

There are essential dietary amino acids. These can be sourced from eating a variety of plant foods (see links in my previous post).

Quote:
when you give the body a more complex or "complete" protein, the body has to work very hard to break those proteins down into the individual amino acids. So don't worry about getting protein per se, because every real food has amino acids in it and that is what your body wants and can use. Same with carbohydrates; it doesn't want complex carbohydrates like starches because that is just extra work it has to do breaking them down. It wants the monosaccharides aka single sugars.. especially fructose from fresh fruit as that is the easiest sugar and nutrient for the body to assimilate and digest.

That is completely untrue in all respects!

Quote:
and fruit is the best way to lose unwanted weight because it will help detoxify you the quickest and improve the natural functioning of your body, the way it is supposed to run efficiently. that being said, there is no fancy substitute for vegan food, or supplements in that sense which will do you any good (supplements as far as herbs will help a lot though). You just have to get pure whole foods from the grocery store, or whatever store or market sells food. And if you can get organic that is extremely important because if it is not organic that usually means they sprayed it with poisons, pesticides, etc..

The best foods with the highest healing properties are berries, melons, and grapes. and there are ways to eat them properly, like not combinging a bunch of foods at once, as tempting as it may be. some foods combine better together than others. but something that digests super quickly like melons, should only be eaten alone! or else if other food is eaten near the same time it interrupts the ability of the food/melon to digest and it begins fermenting. fermentation and putrefaction are some of the main issues most people suffer. they eat too many foods combined improperly and drink too much water or other beverages with their meals which inhibits digestion because the body makes stomach acids and all the digestive juices shouldn't be diluted with water cuz then they can't do their job you know? And if you eat the best food, fruit with high water content, or even vegetables though most vegetables are actually technically fruits if they have seeds, well they already have amazing water in them that your body can readily use.

In addition to fruits of course salads can be very healthy. young leafy greens (like baby spinach) are the best for us but you can experiment. if you really want to you can eat other vegetables and some seeds and nuts. but if you are going to eat nuts or seeds, it is very important to soak them in water before you eat them so your body can digest them much better. they have what is referred to as antinutrients which can interfere with the body's ability to get nutrition and nourishment. when you soak them (or sprout them) it unleashes enzymes and more nutrients and negates the effect of some of the potential toxicity. grains, which should be used sparingly if at all, also can and should be soaked or sprouted.

I am not saying you have to eat just fruit to be healthy, just saying it's the quickest way to overcome a toxic or weak body, and the ideal food for humans. but as long as you eat mostly raw food, and eat it in proper combinations (lots of information about this online, let me know if you need help finding some or questions answered) you will be infinitely healthier. it is commendable you don't want to eat animals or their baby's products and most people are not that brave and mindful or openhearted. So any step you take is wonderful.

eating vegan can be fun (I like to call it veganinja cuz it sounds cooler and it is a version that is healthier as it doesn't include eating processed yuckiness like refined sugar) and there are endless possibilities and variety. if you don't want to go the simple super healing route of just eating mostly fruits right now, I have lots of suggestions. like sauces and stuff you can make with seeds and nuts, I mean you can make a milk or cream with almost any seed or nut, or even grain like oatmeal. You can make your own dressings, though I personally just love most raw vegetables or salad with a little sprinkling of pink himalayan salt. I've made a lot of fattening recipes with just vegan ingredients too lol but that's another story.. I always loved fried battered vegetables and stuff like those appetizer samplers you can get at a lot of restaurants, so I finally came up with a vegan version of batter that works and tastes delicious. it is very unhealthy though, but just saying you can make improved veganinja variations to almost any food out there.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Guide

Vegetables and Fruits in the whole foods sections & don't forget your GREENS!

Grains, Legumes (beans/lentils), Cous cous, millet, amaranth

If you have a library close to you, or a used book store, look up vegetarian and Vegan recipe cook books with whole foods for fun.

Google, Different Vegetables. Most can be steamed, boiled, baked, but steaming is better for you.

Try to steer clear of oils or cooking in oils. Try to lessen salt, and drink at least 2.5 liters of water a day.

Add seasonings such as herbs. Try dill, rosemary, thyme, watercress, coriander, basil, ect ect

Get your healthy fats, avocado, olives, coconuts,

If you're worried about your protein, get in lots of greens like spinach, kale, dandelion, chard, beet greens - you can make salads or steam them, or put them in a smoothie in a blender... & legumes

Broccoli, Cauliflower, Mushrooms, baby cabbage (also known as brussel sprouts)

The more variety, the more color, the healthier you'll be. :)
Old 07-11-2018, 08:24 AM
Guide

double post
Old 07-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
Vegetables and Fruits in the whole foods sections & don't forget your GREENS!

Grains, Legumes (beans/lentils), Cous cous, millet, amaranth

If you have a library close to you, or a used book store, look up vegetarian and Vegan recipe cook books with whole foods for fun.

Google, Different Vegetables. Most can be steamed, boiled, baked, but steaming is better for you.

Try to steer clear of oils or cooking in oils. Try to lessen salt, and drink at least 2.5 liters of water a day.

Add seasonings such as herbs. Try dill, rosemary, thyme, watercress, coriander, basil, ect ect

Get your healthy fats, avocado, olives, coconuts,

If you're worried about your protein, get in lots of greens like spinach, kale, dandelion, chard, beet greens

They are not good protein sources - but are rich in a range of vitimins and minerals.

Quote:
- you can make salads or steam them, or put them in a smoothie in a blender... & legumes

Legumes are good protein sources, but don't contain all the essential amino acids, so a variety of legumes, nuts, tofu, lentils, chickpeas etc is best for ensuring complete protein profile.

Quote:
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Mushrooms, baby cabbage (also known as brussel sprouts)

The more variety, the more color, the healthier you'll be. :)

You can't go wrong with that!
Old 08-11-2018, 09:18 AM
Guide

You don't need a lot of protein, BUT, EVERY BODY has a different BODY - so OP should try and find what works best for them.

There are some good whole sources of protein in the above that I'd listed.

OP, (original poster) try not to get too carried away by what others tell you you should eat, and if it has enough of carb, fat, or protein, our bodies need all of them to function. You will find YOUR OWN Balance in time. :)

If you don't like it, don't eat it, no matter how healthy someone tells you it is, and how it's made them feel, because YOU are NOT them. & you may feel very different.

Also check into chia seeds, and sprouts, fermented goods too, if you'd like.

Don't ever beat yourself up for not being a certain way right now. Enjoy the process.

All the best <3
Old 08-11-2018, 01:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Heals
You don't need a lot of protein, BUT, EVERY BODY has a different BODY - so OP should try and find what works best for them.

Protein is an essential nutrient, and it is important to get enough of it in the diet. Best to look up which plant foods are the best sources of protein and include them in meals. I believe I linked such sites earlier and here is another https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...rians#section3.

Quote:
There are some good whole sources of protein in the above that I'd listed.

OP, (original poster) try not to get too carried away by what others tell you you should eat, and if it has enough of carb, fat, or protein, our bodies need all of them to function. You will find YOUR OWN Balance in time. :)

If you don't like it, don't eat it, no matter how healthy someone tells you it is, and how it's made them feel, because YOU are NOT them. & you may feel very different.

A person has to consume enough calories and have a well proportioned nutrient distribution to feel vital and be healthy, and there are literally thousands of different whole-food combinations that accomplish that end. An individual can arrange their meals in the way that most suits them in order to obtain their optimal nutrient requirements.

Quote:
Also check into chia seeds, and sprouts, fermented goods too, if you'd like.

Don't ever beat yourself up for not being a certain way right now. Enjoy the process.

All the best <3

The OP decided to eat for greater well-being and asked for some good sites. We don't want to mislead the OP, so I'm trying to say what is important and clarify any misinformation. I encourage people to double check all of my claims and not believe anyone posting on an internet forum which is likely to be rife with misinformation.