Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Likewise, when we say flow progression/flow of life etc., where is the fulcrum of our attention? Liken it to two people looking out of a window, seeing differently, feeling differently.

Unless we get to cessation (of mind-body/ thought) or as you say flow progression (from a centreless fulcrum), the narrow spectrum we experience is akin to a dead man walking.
Preface: What follows may or may not pertain to Unseeking Seeker. I do not know enough about him to venture an 'opinion' either way in this regard. I am merely presenting a hypothestical proposition in relation to the ideas he has presented by way of his chosen words.

Image:

What's 'in front of' the window of your (anyone's) 'Seeing' 'Awareness' (whether 'it' is 'Unseeking' or not! ) ' = this is 'the world' as you 'see' it, this is whatever you are 'Conscious' of.

What's 'behind' the window of your (anyone's) 'Awareness' = 'the self' that you are, whether you 'see' it or not and/or however you 'see' it.

The thing about someone being 'thoughtless' or ceasing any mind-body connection or 'identification' that I take issue with is that such person is still in 'the world' (which is also my world, the reality I and others I know live 'in'!), so his or her disconnection (seeing and relating to the world and/or his or her 'self' as just being a unreal 'dream') results in his or her becoming what amounts to 'blind' and/or 'dead' 'weight' in it.

This is not someone I can enlist and engage in reliably reciprocal interaction with. Imagine being in and trying to go somewhere 'better' in a 'submarine' with a 'mate' who says the 'submarine' is just a 'dream' and s/he ain't real and/or isn't really there with 'me' and my 'other 'mates'.

It strikes me that 'torpedo tubes' might provide way 'out' of said 'world' and 'society' for such a person - such 'cessation' (of response-ably reciprocal co-involved personal presence) [a]is[/b] what I (rightly or wrongly ?) think such someones are unfortunately choosing to do, albeit in very slow motion ('unfortunately', in terms of my value scheme, for me and everyone else).
Old 12-04-2020, 04:43 PM
Master

nudge for spiritual activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Preface: What follows may or may not pertain to Unseeking Seeker. I do not know enough about him to venture an 'opinion' either way in this regard. I am merely presenting a hypothestical proposition in relation to the ideas he has presented by way of his chosen words.

Image:

What's 'in front of' the window of your (anyone's) 'Seeing' 'Awareness' (whether 'it' is 'Unseeking' or not! ) ' = this is 'the world' as you 'see' it, this is whatever you are 'Conscious' of.

What's 'behind' the window of your (anyone's) 'Awareness' = 'the self' that you are, whether you 'see' it or not and/or however you 'see' it.

The thing about someone being 'thoughtless' or ceasing any mind-body connection or 'identification' that I take issue with is that such person is still in 'the world' (which is also my world, the reality I and others I know live 'in'!), so his or her disconnection (seeing and relating to the world and/or his or her 'self' as just being a unreal 'dream') results in his or her becoming what amounts to 'blind' and/or 'dead' 'weight' in it.

This is not someone I can enlist and engage in reliably reciprocal interaction with. Imagine being in and trying to go somewhere 'better' in a 'submarine' with a 'mate' who says the 'submarine' is just a 'dream' and s/he ain't real and/or isn't really there with 'me' and my 'other 'mates'.

It strikes me that 'torpedo tubes' might provide way 'out' of said 'world' and 'society' for such a person - such 'cessation' (of response-ably reciprocal co-involved personal presence) [a]is[/b] what I (rightly or wrongly ?) think such someones are unfortunately choosing to do, albeit in very slow motion ('unfortunately', in terms of my value scheme, for me and everyone else).

Hi David ,

Before I appreciate your post and your idea , let me clarify I also don't know any members in person and anything here in does not gives any judgement on anybody . Loving each other happy and healthy posting responses is the joy I and we all try to derive while trying to learn the ropes of life .

Now first trying to understand and explain the cessation . Now the world is full of people with varied exposure , varied goals , varied conclusions and hence varied experiences. It is quite possible that people may have experienced only material world (activity / inactivity both ) and they feel that's the only obstruction to attaining bliss . In some limited ways that may be true also . So their language may look like eliminating ego (because it is associated with material world) , cessation , nirvana , nothingness ,emptiness etc . Buddha himself has used these words (Nirvana / nothingness) . Though Buddha used Nirvana / inactivity etc but he himself inspired and activated armies of monks to spread buddhism across continents and we see high influence of buddhism in Eastern Asia. Similarly many people talking / using these words may probably not mean what exactly the words convey. So Adi Shankaracharya who re-established Hinduism in India ,regarded Buddha as 9th incarnation of Vishnu considering tremendous spiritual work he inspired despite his opposition to the words and ideas later-day buddhist came to espouse later on. And in practice for many spirituality merely turns into pains/gains relationship with God which is no more than give n take based business /commerce (which is perfectly ok but nothing to be divine or spiritual about it ) .

As there is life beyond these material world and statements and words merely portray half/incomplete part of the journey and words have the potential to limit the experience , I too go with you and believe that words like killing ego /annihilating self/ wisely choosing between activity/inactivity may beyond a point have a limiting experience and one can not fully reach the potential of truly experiencing the bliss arising purely out of love for God (rather than pains/gains based relationship with God) . Besides meditation , seeker should be able to experience the oneness with God even in activity . And such activity must arise out of pure love for God / out of gratitude towards Him and must be demonstrably help anyone visualize seeker as instrument of God in helping Him run his world (without any material incentives/punishments)