Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 31-10-2011, 02:47 PM
moke64916

Hahahaha I may not of been around in the 70's, but I've had the experience of it, lol. Wierd. I don't know how in the 70's it was an everyday thing. Crazy.
Old 31-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Humm

There have been many times in meditation I have heard running water. Once I heard sticks tapping.

I love the sound of Tibetan singing bowls. I have not heard them in trance, but they have a very centering effect on me when settling down for meditation.
Old 31-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Lisa

Could we simply listen to silence?
Old 31-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Humm

That too - of course.
Old 31-10-2011, 04:12 PM
moke64916

Don't listen to the silence because you are the silence. So your listening to yourself, lol.
Old 31-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Don't listen to the silence because you are the silence. So your listening to yourself, lol.

haha- good point.

But I counter- that which is able to listen to silence is silence itself- no self there.
Old 31-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Master
This phenomenon really did start when I was a kid , about 14, on some windowpane. I was hearing synthesizers , backwards sounds , and other strange things for hours . A few other times I'd keep hearing what sounded like insects buzzing , and I thought it was just the drug hallucinations. But shortly thereafter , at about 15, I became involved with an Eastern meditation 'cult' that taught about the inner sound (rather vaguely), and so I
started plugging my ears and listening, and wouldn't you know , I'd hear all sorts of sounds, all sounds are possible , the tapestry is deep, rich, and ever-changing .

Somewhere else here this has been discussed. Sometimes , falling asleep or dreaming, it becomes a hurricane of sonic force , all being energy, light, sound, and the *feeling* of explosive, ecstatic energy , way beyond what our physical senses are used to. Sometimes . I guess it wouldn't work to walk around all the time like that, so the circuits aren't cranked open like that very often, but it's nice to know that they work

Dar (and all of those experiences came after I quit drugs and alcohol, the best, most recent ones , some 22 years into sobriety) (( a whole other discussion))
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Could we simply listen to silence?

Listen in silence.

I used to let the water run over my ears so all I could hear was that rushing sound. I just put all my attention on the sound. It's quite a trip.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Master
Lisa: Could we simply listen to silence?

At some point in simply listening to the sounds, we become aware of the silence in which they exist.

I find listening to both together expanding and deepening.

Xan

Old 01-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Master
Don't listen to the silence because you are the silence.

This is the paradox... we can hear the silence as we are the silence... just as we can feel the love as we are the love... we can feel our life vitality as we are life... we can be aware in awareness as we are .....

When we stop trying to define in our minds what exists and what does not, we are simply and wholly experiencing.

Xan

Closed Thread