Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 10-02-2015, 11:16 PM
StarRobin

Question Reading Tarot for yourself

What are your thoughts on it? I have a deck of Tarot cards and in the guide book, it says you can read the cards for anyone, including yourself, but to make sure your not being bias when choosing a card, by which I mean reading it and deciding you don't like the message, so you choose one you do like. I thought that was fair. I read them for myself and I just chose the ones I was drawn to, turned them over to see what each one was, not swapping, no cheating and it was a positive reading.

I just wonder because Ouija boards get a bad name and sometimes Tarot do.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Guide
as a former clairvoyant I can tell you for certain Tarot cards and Ohuja are not the same. Tarot is more communication with your intuition, more factual although yes it can be used by malevolent things, whereas Ohuja is just pure evil.

regarding tarot as long as you dont do it too often IMO and dont relly on its readings like Gospel you can have a pretty good relationship with it although at some point in our lives we will eventually have to give up card readings completely as any other form of divination since it is prohibited by the Bibble and Jesus Christ specifically calls these things out.

For instance, I remember for an entire year I kept asking the tarot cards ( pulling cards myself,asking various other readers ) about someone I believed was a close friend of mine. All the cards every reader pulled basically resonated and said this man is completely trustworthy, that he is beyond amazing and that he has my best wishes at heart. In real life, after a year has passed and we renewed contact, it turned out to be the complete opposite.

So , as long as you dont give tarot too much credence, and ask other sources for your pressing questions and as well do not place your complete faith because like I said, here I was getting positive readings left and right about this man and it turned out terrible in real life which has made me wonder-whom or what was influencing these readings to come out so positive?

Food for thought.

The basic difference between Tarot and Ohuja is that Tarot is not a portal for evil entities, where Ohuja boards 100 percent ARE. Like every single one of them,even keeping one in your house is too dangerous in my opinion let alone using one.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Everly

For some people, reading for oneself can take a lot of practice. It takes experience and practice and trust to get past one's own filters. Others, however, find it easy. It can be hard to turn off and tune out one's investment in a certain outcome. But it's like riding a bike...once you do it, you can do it forever. Just trust.

As for Ouija... I used one on and off for over 20 years and never had a bad or negative experience. I don't know anyone who's had a bad experience with them, either. As I posted on another thread, you get what you believe you'll get. If you believe it's "evil", then you'll likely get that kind of experience.
My comments are the 2nd post.

As for divination being prohibited by the Bible, there are many, many thing prohibited in the Bible, Resurrection. I'm curious...are you following all the prohibitions?
Old 10-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Guide
As for divination being prohibited by the Bible, there are many, many thing prohibited in the Bible, Resurrection. I'm curious...are you following all the prohibitions?[/quote]

I wrote about my experiences in another part of the board , how I almost joined a satanic cult and how I almost believed in the devil and nearly became a satanic priestess in said cult, until I had a near death experience and turned Christian :)

I'm certantly trying to follow everything, however we are all human and we all stumble,and Lord knows I stumble extremelly hard so nobody is perfect. Gods standards are very high and we are all sinfull so nobody is better or worse than the rest. As a Christian ( and especially someone who nearly was a satanist ) it says in the Bibble that God requires us to warn our fellow brethren about all our mistakes so we could keep each other from falling off So it wasnt critisizing when I said we one day will have to give divination up, it was just a friendly looking out for one another.

as for Ohuja boards not being evil,as I said,as a former clairvoyant, my experience is that they are pure evil, and my personal opinion is that people who havent had any negative experience with is are lucky and of course there are some of them, but me personally due to having former abilities I wouldnt touch them with a ten feet poll :(
Old 11-02-2015, 12:38 AM
StarRobin

I am personally wondering that Tarot and the likes of Ouija are to do with each persons experience. I haven't used my Tarot cards in a long time. No major reason behind it, just not bothered. Although I do use my angel cards so I guess the Tarot have just taken a back seat.
Old 26-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Divination Circle

Color

Although I have been a Tarot reader for a long time I've never read the cards for myself. I think I wouldn't be totally honest with the answers to my own questions. I always felt that psychic readings should be done by someone who isn't directly emotionally involved in the queries.
Old 26-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divination Circle
Although I have been a Tarot reader for a long time I've never read the cards for myself. I think I wouldn't be totally honest with the answers to my own questions. I always felt that psychic readings should be done by someone who isn't directly emotionally involved in the queries.

I really like your honesty. (Think about that.)

I have my students practice reading for themselves, but it's more for learning how to get past their own filters than for the reading itself. Some never do well when reading for themselves and just don't do it. Maybe if you practiced, you'd learn how to turn off or ignore your own filters.
Old 26-02-2015, 07:43 PM
Divination Circle

I have tried few years ago. I remember when I started Tarot readings back on 1979 that I actually did it for practicing as your students do. I found out that probably in my case I can be very accurate when doing it for someone else but not for myself. I have few very close colleagues who give me readings. And telling the truth I feel so good when sometimes I am actually on the other side of the table....
Old 06-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Knower
To the op...: yes you can but there are two keys to this.

1) never disregard something revealed because it was not what you were looking to see or hear.

2) I view the readings given or received as one possible outcome. One of many, and most likely the outcome reflects the current path you walk. Simply being aware of something allows you to avoid or change a less desired outcome to a more favorable one. Something as simple as waiting 5 extra seconds can ripple outward changing the series of events leading to a different outcome.

On ouji boards. The board it self is not a creation of evil. Though originally they were made with blood, the danger lies in having an unprotected all access gateway to you. Using one is akin to rolling the dice. Most people have no idea what they are doing, who or what is speaking through the board. The danger is literally one of ignorance.
Old 06-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarRobin
What are your thoughts on it? I have a deck of Tarot cards and in the guide book, it says you can read the cards for anyone, including yourself, but to make sure your not being bias when choosing a card, by which I mean reading it and deciding you don't like the message, so you choose one you do like. I thought that was fair. I read them for myself and I just chose the ones I was drawn to, turned them over to see what each one was, not swapping, no cheating and it was a positive reading. I just wonder because Ouija boards get a bad name and sometimes Tarot do.
Hi StarRobin.
I think you should not read for others until you have done a reading for yourself