Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
sky123.......

did you realize the groups you 'torched' were not Jehovah Witnesses? What
you torched were precursor groups in which most of them later became Jehovah Witnesses.

Jehovah's witnesses came about on July 26, 1931.Later, they changed their
name to Jehovah's Witnesses. The dates you used predates the 1931 date.

If you look at other religions, you can find a lot of 'dirt'.
Does that mean all religions are bad? Are racist? etc.?

But lately, you single out only one religion........

The Jehovah's Witnesses was begun by Charles Taze Russell in 1872, after the death of Russell on Oct. 31, 1916, a Missouri lawyer named Joseph Franklin Rutherford took over the presidency of the Watch Tower Society which was known then as the International Bible Students Association. In 1931 he changed the name of the organization to "The Jehovah's Witnesses.".
Old 22-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
The Jehovah's Witnesses was begun by Charles Taze Russell in 1872, after the death of Russell on Oct. 31, 1916, a Missouri lawyer named Joseph Franklin Rutherford took over the presidency of the Watch Tower Society which was known then as the International Bible Students Association. In 1931 he changed the name of the organization to "The Jehovah's Witnesses.".

PRETTY CLOSE!
In 1931 he changed the name of the organization to Jehovah's witnesses which later in modern times the name got changed to Jehovah's Witnesses. Capitalizing the W in the 1931 name is a common mistake.

The main group you 'torched' were the International Bibe Student Association. Calling them Jehovah Witnesses is like calling the sect that was Jewish that later became known as Christians as 'Christians'. It did not happen that way - wishful thinking. Even today, some erroneously claim Jesus died as a Christian when in reality he died as a Jew.

For those drawn toward ant-Semitism and anti-Christanitism, a 'good' book those people might enjoy is Martin Luther's writing called "On the Jews and Their Lies". Most book stores choose not to carry that book because of its volatile content.

As for Jehovah Witnesses, I encourage people to look at their peaceful nature and what they have in common with us. Believe it or not, they or we, have more in common with each other then most people would ever suspect.
Besides, that message, is embedded in the word Namaste.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-11-2019, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:
' Sadly, you say ,”Even in the case of the human family, if the father and mother are of different races the children are sometimes unfit for brain work.” “Racist also” ,you got to be joking, right?! '

No Jojo, unfortunately I am not joking. It is definitely not a ' Joke ' I very much dislike Racism. I can see that your beliefs/words/ behaviour have changed over the years but this hasn't always been that way.
Did jojo50 ever claim
”Even in the case of the human family, if the father and mother
are of different races the children are sometimes unfit for brain work”

or was she quoting what somebody had recently quoted?
And if it is the latter, who could that have been?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:

No Jojo, unfortunately I am not joking. It is definitely not a ' Joke ' I very much dislike Racism. I can see that your beliefs/words/ behaviour have changed over the years but this hasn't always been that way.Peace.

wait!, you said ," I can see that your beliefs/words/ behaviour have changed over the years but this hasn't always been that way." are you saying, (just trying to understand where you were coming from), that I might have been racist, in the past? if that's what you were saying, not true again, as I stated I have mix blood. but even if I didn't I grew up in Manhattan. all I knew was people of different ethnicities, and I was find with it. I have read what you were referring to, and a lot more.

I notice a mistake that you made here. for example, when you post this way….Even in the case of the human family, if the father and mother are of different races the children are sometimes unfit for brain work. Wonderful are the fixed laws of God. you left out the quotation marks, which made a difference in the way someone could have taken this. see "Even in the case of the human family, if the father and mother are of different races the children are sometimes unfit for brain work. Wonderful are the fixed laws of God." since this is suppose to be one of the past brothers words.

NOTICE he then said …"Wonderful are the fixed laws of God." basically saying this isn't how Jehovah God see it. which means the "Brother" who supposedly said this, didn't mean it the way it was intentionally taken. But I was responding to the fact that you seem to be referring to the Congregations of today. You're holding us today, responsible for the beliefs of the brother in the past.

EVERY RELIGION, teaches and believe a little differently than they did when they first began. Because we gain more ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE, and understanding. But I understand why us We know TODAY, that Jehovah God wanted variety ,when it came to MANY of his creation, including humans. We do know that no one will be changed from one color to another. Stop, this is 2019, not the early 1900's. peace
Old 25-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
wait!, you said ," I can see that your beliefs/words/ behaviour have changed over the years but this hasn't always been that way." are you saying, (just trying to understand where you were coming from), that I might have been racist, in the past? if that's what you were saying, not true again, as I stated I have mix blood. but even if I didn't I grew up in Manhattan. all I knew was people of different ethnicities, and I was find with it. I have read what you were referring to, and a lot more.

I notice a mistake that you made here. for example, when you post this way….Even in the case of the human family, if the father and mother are of different races the children are sometimes unfit for brain work. Wonderful are the fixed laws of God. you left out the quotation marks, which made a difference in the way someone could have taken this. see "Even in the case of the human family, if the father and mother are of different races the children are sometimes unfit for brain work. Wonderful are the fixed laws of God." since this is suppose to be one of the past brothers words.

NOTICE he then said …"Wonderful are the fixed laws of God." basically saying this isn't how Jehovah God see it. which means the "Brother" who supposedly said this, didn't mean it the way it was intentionally taken. But I was responding to the fact that you seem to be referring to the Congregations of today. You're holding us today, responsible for the beliefs of the brother in the past.

EVERY RELIGION, teaches and believe a little differently than they did when they first began. Because we gain more ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE, and understanding. But I understand why us We know TODAY, that Jehovah God wanted variety ,when it came to MANY of his creation, including humans. We do know that no one will be changed from one color to another. Stop, this is 2019, not the early 1900's. peace

No, no, I was not referring to you being racist, I was referring to your past members. They have changed some of their racist beliefs over the years, fortunately as they wouldn't get away with it now, they most definitely would be prosecuted.

As I said previously, there are Watchtower magazine's which do point towards racist innuendo but we will leave it with the last quote,

' All men privileged to live in that "new world" would return to man's original state, including man's original color and language. And what was that color and language? White and Hebrew, according to the Watchtower. Under the subheading, "CAN THE ETHIOPIAN CHANGE HIS SKIN?", the Feb. 15, 1904 Watch Tower. '

WHITE and Hebrew.....
I wonder what he thought the colour of Jesus's skin would be, definitely not white coming from a very hot Country where Genetics would play a part in his skin colour to protect him from the Sun.

Last edited by sky : 25-11-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 25-11-2019, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
No, no, I was not referring to you being racist, I was referring to your past members. They have changed some of their racist beliefs over the years, fortunately as they wouldn't get away with it now, they most definitely would be prosecuted.

As I said previously, there are Watchtower magazine's which do point towards racist innuendo but we will leave it with the last quote,

' All men privileged to live in that "new world" would return to man's original state, including man's original color and language. And what was that color and language? White and Hebrew, according to the Watchtower. Under the subheading, "CAN THE ETHIOPIAN CHANGE HIS SKIN?", the Feb. 15, 1904 Watch Tower. '

WHITE and Hebrew.....
I wonder what he thought the colour of Jesus's skin would be, definitely not white coming from a very hot Country where Genetics would play a part in his skin colour to protect him from the Sun.
THIS IS AN EXTREMELY NEW LOW!

sky123 you have already stated Jehovah's witnesses came into existence
in 1931 so why are you bringing up an article printed in 1904?

By the way, would you say "Christians are fully responsible for the pre-Jesus 'errors' of the Jews?"

Old 25-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
THIS IS AN EXTREMELY NEW LOW!

sky123 you have already stated Jehovah's witnesses came into existence
in 1931 so why are you bringing up an article printed in 1904?

By the way, would you say "Christians are fully responsible for the pre-Jesus 'errors' of the Jews?"

The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom is an illustrated religious magazine, published monthly by Jehovah's Witnesses via the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. Along with its companion magazine, Awake!, Jehovah's Witnesses distribute The Watchtower—Public Edition in their door-to-door ministry.

First issue: July 1879; 140 years ago (as Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence)