Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 05-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Master
I am in north east Australia and we are lucky to have mostly warm nights for a good half the year or more, I love the outdoors and the serenity it brings ,even ants and bugs crawling on you such delicate amusing little dear creatures. i give Thanks for our Earth and its healing natural beauty.Deepsoul
Old 05-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki
Thank you very much! =)

(And I know it was 1995, but was it a rental place, or someone's personal tipi? I would love the chance to to try it before I have to leave.)

Those people moved to Oregon back in the 90s.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
I have my own lodge(Tipi) and have slept more night than I can remember in it, both on the rez and away from it. this year if all go's well I'm going back home to visit and will make plans to ship it over here.

I love sleeping n living in a lodge and set up properly there great to live in through most weather, but you do need a fire pit inside really.

Makoiyi

IT will help you stay well, if you do ship it, and try living in it from time to time.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Experiencer

They are great but they are rather bulky to store and transport an 18 pole versin.. My friends have a small truck to transport theirs...
Last time I was at a Pow wow and I watched my friend erecting his on his own, he was tired at the end of it.. He said that this used to be regarded as womens work LoL.. Then he realised he had forgot to tie in the poles at the top before putting on the canvas. So he had to take it down again... That time he let us help him..
Old 06-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
IT will help you stay well, if you do ship it, and try living in it from time to time.

Agreed Thunder Bow, Its sure will which is one reason why I'm looking to ship it here and put it up.

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 07-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Master

i've thought about living in tipis.. looking into alternative housing for cost concerns as well as for my chrnoic health problems triggred by housing.