Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 28-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Master
Thankyou for your mention of the other thread as this is a subject close to my heart as here in New Zealand I have mostly lived as a minority within a minority, always far more Pacific Islanders and Maori than ever there were White people and it's always been somewhat problematic trying to fit in and share but at the same time being representative of the oppressor, a stranger in a strange land resounds nicely.

But accept my apologies if my feet tread too heavily, too ungainly as I try to come to terms with what I feel I've been given. I have no idea at all what your sense of a vision is as I've had to work out for myself, almost in isolation, what has been a part of my life for a very long time.

For me the visionary process happens on many levels and is very subtle and so many years have been spent quieting my mind and listening with senses on the edge of understanding doing what feels to be an acclimatising to the process. In this particular instance I was meditating and was within a quietness of mind but I had asked a question so was somewhat in expectation but also without expectation of how an answer might find me. Then I felt a presence, a slight pressing somehow, a readiness even (and excuse me as I try to explain this as it's always been an internal process which is understood as it comes and is felt and words or thoughts, when applied kind of chase away the state of being which feels conducive) but before I go further it seems pertinent to add that I've felt for a long time that it's also a matter of a kind of barrier which it is my job to lower and make it easier for spirit to contact me... that a vision within normal life, as in the mind churning and the eyes filled with the world passing, with loud words heard requires much energy from spirit, and so keeping as quiet as possible as much as possible and also trusting that I don't really need the pictures and the words so much as the knowledge, which is what I call it, can come in and fill me with all I might need to know with least disruption or requirement of energy.

So this particular question may have been such that what is kind of normal wasn't going to work and this may too have been because of where it came from but anyways the pictures started, and when it's like this; as pictures I have to especially sit back and not intervene because it's easy for my imagination to take over and again there is a very subtle shift to be aware of - to make sure the I that is I is sitting in the smallest space or point and just watch. Ah, now in remembering this there was knowing because when my grandfather appeared and became an Owl and cut my right hand off my imagination came in and I tried to imagine how that might happen and I couldn't, it would require effort and if that effort dropped the vision of owl would pop back just as Owl so in that I felt it was indeed vision time so the story carried on. Also as I go back it's kind of like a film in the sense that even now I can kind of remember how I could kind of stop or pause and even focus and move around a little with the pictures but it required effort of a different more pushy kind to change a part of the picture as there was a part where it changed from Porcupine to arrow and I wanted to look closer at the arrow which I could and see the grafting together of the quills but when I looked at the tip it got hard to look there and I think I imagined a metal tip but it would become harder again and pop back to the arrow shaft.

Again this isn't like how I normally have visions and reminds of when I was younger and needed more convincing somehow but at the same time it felt too like the place where it was coming from wasn't like the normal one so maybe it all was not a vision at all... I don't know.

But then again it's the question being answered that really counts. I know the question and I know what it pertains to and that such decisions are being made to answer it the way it is being is of a validity that is making sense in the wider picture which is very much to do with where I'm living now.

Thankyou for asking Thunder Bow and while while it felt like a rhetorical question that didn't actually require an answer it has allowed me to look deeper at what occurred and hopefully be a little more sensitive and subtler within myself of what a vision actually is and now that this is done I would certainly appreciate your response if you feel such is appropriate.
Old 29-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Suspended
Are you taking any herb, mushroom, or drug to enhance your visions?? If so what are they?

To make it easier for us to understand and relate to your visions, use as few words a possible to describe them. There no need to describe yourself so much.
Old 29-12-2014, 07:33 PM
Master
No drugs involved, those days are long gone. Just meditating, ask a question and wait in silence.

This particular vision set is now past needing or wanting more definition.

Other happenings in the outside world have coloured and filled out the parts and it's on it way back inside, settling into whatever is.

So I'm happy with it... wider somehow and roots going deeper, I like that, it feels good.
Old 29-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Suspended
Do you meditate indoors or outside in nature? How long? Use music or meditation CDs? Fall asleep and or day dream? Do any journeys? Describe your connections in a more direct and simpler way.
Old 30-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Master
I meditate indoors lying down on my bed and anywhere from about an hour somewhere in the day to maybe 3 and sometimes 4 of about an hour each time.

No music or meditation Cd's.

Initially maybe some thinking to see what's on my mind then maybe some positive words while breathing with all of this just to quiet my mind.

Mostly just a quiet mind with little bursts here and there of thinking but it soon stops.

Occasionally I disappear as my identity of self isn't there but this is only recognised sort of when I arrive back as in the sense of identity reappears but I somehow know time has passed. Journey's no.
Old 30-12-2014, 02:05 PM
Administrator
Laying down when you meditate may not always be the best thing to do especially if you are tired because you could fall asleep and then you dream.again i would have to agree with Thonder bow you need to explain your experiences in a more direct way

Namaste
Old 30-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Suspended
This does seem like Lucid Dreaming. Thus You are probably falling asleep to some degree. Thus your meditations may be more like naps. A drumming or guided meditation CD might help you stay focused with out falling asleep. Laying down does encourage falling asleep. But choose a position that is most comfortable for you. For now, I am going to interpret your "visions" as dreams.
Old 30-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Master
No problem... I'm fine with this. I appreciate you taking the time to apply yourselves to me coming here.

Thunder Bow, you hit the nail on the head with me trying to impress. I've noticed this myself within meditation and it is something worth being aware of. That such has now been mentioned from outside means more consideration within myself is needed. That the fine line between being authentic in passing spirit through and having our own motivations colour such needs more discipline.

But still it must come back to how this set of visions is interacting within my own life, how my own mythology is a messaging system interacting within and without.
Old 31-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Suspended
You are very smart, thus your writing is above our heads. Our dreams are all about our feelings. Dreams is our our minds process our days events, and our feelings. The images in a dream can reflect parts of our self, and who we are.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:05 AM
Pathfinder

Yes he seems very smart. His syntax is a bit different from what I am used to. Maybe it is because he is from NZ? Try to dumb it down for the rest of us mortals