Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-08-2006, 10:27 AM
feohgoddess
Posts: n/a
 
Angel1 emotional healing (when you absorb other's feelings)

hi everyone!

im sorry if im not in the right forum. i am seeking advice on healing myself emotionally. well its not actually ME that needs the healing, but when i'm around others i always pick up on their feelings to the point where sometimes i'm overwhelmed. i don't know how to protect myself from this, but when someone i know is depressed or moody or just negative period i tend to absorb that in. it happens when i'm around positive people as well, but that doesnt bother me lol


i was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to let these feelings go? sometimes i feel burdened by this. it is really hard at times even if i see the person for 5 minutes, it can put a damper on my day or is lingering in my mind.


any thoughts or comments i would appreciate any advice or opinions. thank you

love & light
  #2  
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
devolution devolution is offline
Administrator
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 143
  devolution's Avatar
I know what you mean...
I seem to be affected by this too - sometimes when I walk by some people, I can sense great anger or negative energy from them, and it is almost like I am drowning in their thoughts - it's not a pleasant experience and I do get worked up by it and it takes me a while to calm down and get over the thoughts and energy...

There are protection exercises - where you can imagine yourself surrounded by a sphere of light which can protect your soul from other people's energies...

Here are some links:
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art32977.asp
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/defence.htm
__________________
Everything beautiful must still come to an end,
Even the binding of love will break away,
All that is left... is love of the dark.
...Sigh...
Mortality is as fragile as a Rose.
(From a note found on an Altar next to a single red Rose, signed by "The Goth Bride")
Love is the most important thing in the world...
http://www.devolution.co.uk | http://www.mattwarne.com | http://www.voluptas.info
  #3  
Old 12-08-2006, 12:29 PM
lumas
Posts: n/a
 
it is a great gift you have to be able to feel others emotions it means you are strong spiritually replace those negative thoughts with ones of love and compassion for that person once done the negative thoughts will likewise leave you. try it!!
  #4  
Old 13-08-2006, 07:33 AM
feohgoddess
Posts: n/a
 
thank you devolution and lumus. i will do my best to keep things balanced. its just that i notice that even if im thinking of a person, i get their emotions. or when a so called friend is on my mind, i can feel how they really don't like me you know?

when it comes to my aunt, my wrists hurt, my head hurts and my stomach churns at times. she is genuinly a wonderful person, but when she's stressed boy can i ever feel it! i will try my hardest to protect my spirit. tahnk you very much!
  #5  
Old 13-08-2006, 10:40 AM
lumas
Posts: n/a
 
when you get those feelings send out healing thoughts to your aunt its called absent healing and ask your spirit guides who are working with you to take those pains away from you.
  #6  
Old 13-08-2006, 05:36 PM
biyu_wolf_77
Posts: n/a
 
on the 1st message simalar fer me(just different like many things) have you ever heard of a psy vamp??(dont bother lookin it up) cuse im kinda like one only concider it a part-empath ability as (yea ill leech energy from those im chattin with at times but i guess it isnt THAT bad)if one of my friends isnt dooin too good ill pickup on the negative emotions clear as day but posative is harder im often struggellin with it but have learned to well "be a worrior" about it ill notice it then eighter notify the teacher or just try to let it go usially stays with me--keep in mind i dont like havin shelds or the like so im more seceptible to that stuff

just another day in my crazy life
  #7  
Old 13-08-2006, 07:12 PM
kundalini
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by biyu_wolf_77
on the 1st message simalar fer me(just different like many things) have you ever heard of a psy vamp??(dont bother lookin it up) cuse im kinda like one only concider it a part-empath ability as (yea ill leech energy from those im chattin with at times but i guess it isnt THAT bad)if one of my friends isnt dooin too good ill pickup on the negative emotions clear as day but posative is harder im often struggellin with it but have learned to well "be a worrior" about it ill notice it then eighter notify the teacher or just try to let it go usially stays with me--keep in mind i dont like havin shelds or the like so im more seceptible to that stuff

just another day in my crazy life

Hi biyu_wolf_77, you are actually wrong when you call yourself a 'psychic vampire'. A 'psychic vampire' is in fact a person who makes the OTHER person in their company feel drained of energy, whether they do it consciously or not. You do, in fact, as you suggested, possess empathic abilities.

As far as protection goes, here is an exercise I posted in another thread which was similar to this one so feohgoddess and anyone else reading this, I hope it helps.

It is upto you of course, if you do the following exercise. It may be interesting to do it just the once and see how you feel.

Ok, this is pretty much a visualisation technique and so I suppose it is something that should be done, once a day, preferably in the morning. First, visualise a sphere of SILVER light around the whole of your body which will be your protection from the world.

Then, gradually, pull this light towards you until it follows the outline of your body. You don't need to pull this light in too tight. Apparently, about 30cm ( 12 inches ) is close enough. Tell yourself or KNOW that it is in place. Then you can forget about it. It will remain there until you consciously WILL it to dissolve.

This is why I said it is probably best to do it once a day, just to reaffirm it to yourself. The silver sphere will serve as protection against hostile psychic energy and will protect you from picking up negativity off others.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
  #8  
Old 13-08-2006, 07:32 PM
biyu_wolf_77
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi biyu_wolf_77, you are actually wrong when you call yourself a 'psychic vampire'. A 'psychic vampire' is in fact a person who makes the OTHER person in their company feel drained of energy, whether they do it consciously or not. You do, in fact, as you suggested, possess empathic abilities.

As far as protection goes, here is an exercise I posted in another thread which was similar to this one so feohgoddess and anyone else reading this, I hope it helps.

It is upto you of course, if you do the following exercise. It may be interesting to do it just the once and see how you feel.

Ok, this is pretty much a visualisation technique and so I suppose it is something that should be done, once a day, preferably in the morning. First, visualise a sphere of SILVER light around the whole of your body which will be your protection from the world.

Then, gradually, pull this light towards you until it follows the outline of your body. You don't need to pull this light in too tight. Apparently, about 30cm ( 12 inches ) is close enough. Tell yourself or KNOW that it is in place. Then you can forget about it. It will remain there until you consciously WILL it to dissolve.

This is why I said it is probably best to do it once a day, just to reaffirm it to yourself. The silver sphere will serve as protection against hostile psychic energy and will protect you from picking up negativity off others.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
ok im me some day after awhile youll likely notice im drainin ya just not an extreame amount and like i said id rather not use any protection or the like when it comes to my abilities if i like say get alot of sadness and wanna cry ive gotta learn to figure out who its from and know it could be across the world (once "friend" was across the buildin cryin i pickedup on it foundout the next day and art teacher that i had knows of some of my gifts)
  #9  
Old 13-08-2006, 08:12 PM
kundalini
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by biyu_wolf_77
ok im me some day after awhile youll likely notice im drainin ya just not an extreame amount and like i said id rather not use any protection or the like when it comes to my abilities if i like say get alot of sadness and wanna cry ive gotta learn to figure out who its from and know it could be across the world (once "friend" was across the buildin cryin i pickedup on it foundout the next day and art teacher that i had knows of some of my gifts)

You know that's highly interesting what you said about wanting to experience the emotions so you will know who it's from etc. The thing is though, with a protective exercise such as this you will still be able to sense other's energies but IMO it will not overwhelm you and will allow to look at the emotion with some detachment. Do you understand what I mean?
  #10  
Old 13-08-2006, 09:03 PM
biyu_wolf_77
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
You know that's highly interesting what you said about wanting to experience the emotions so you will know who it's from etc. The thing is though, with a protective exercise such as this you will still be able to sense other's energies but IMO it will not overwhelm you and will allow to look at the emotion with some detachment. Do you understand what I mean?
i think so but guess im just usted ta it beein like im that way even tho i know im not once i figure out where its comin from it should be better(like that one instance i brought up id just ask the teacher to go to the guidance office cause theres somethin i need ta do tell that "friend" that his sadness brought me there and see from that try to help and likely the closer i am to physically to him from origon point to where i was the better it is fer me as ill have some sence of him yet but know how to help)
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums