Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Seeker

Confused about a card and its clarifier (King of Wands/Four of Pents)

Hello! I'll make this short.

I usually do one card draws for smaller questions, pulling clarifiers if need be.

When asking the question "What does (M) desire between me and him?", I (F) drew King of Wands as the main result. Confused, I asked for a clarifier card, and drew Four of Pentacles.

Upon researching, I've come to understand that The King of Wands can basically come across as "My way or the highway" in many senses. Someone who is confident, and basically the whole package, but very authoritative and controlling.

Meanwhile, I understand that Four of Wands can denote some sense of possessiveness or guarding. Obsession of sorts, and both of these cards are generally thrown into the category of jealousy and 'keeping things on a tight leash', so to say.

With these two cards together, what would you gather in conclusion, based on your own personal experiences with the cards? Would this be a good or bad outcome in accordance to the question I asked? What's the impression you would get for yourself if you asked this and drew these two cards in their respective manner?

Thank you for your time. :)
"In the eyes of humanity, the moth faces great bias against the butterfly. Truthfully, who are we to judge? Both were little more than a worm in their youths. And look at both of them now, with those glorious wings."
Old 30-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Seeker

Anyone? Asking for personal interpretations! Do you read this intuitively, or based off of the card meanings themselves?
"In the eyes of humanity, the moth faces great bias against the butterfly. Truthfully, who are we to judge? Both were little more than a worm in their youths. And look at both of them now, with those glorious wings."
Old 30-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Master
Hi.

Are those examples you gave the interpretation of the cards themselves or your own intuitive read?
I apologize if that question comes off ignorant, I have not particularly ever worked with the deck of cards of which you speak.

I had a few decks 3 or 4 stolen from me years ago by a woman, and the only deck I have now I only have as it was passed on to me, by an aunt.

You said you had drew four of pentacles and when you describe the descriptions you have researched you used instead the terms 4 of wands. This is confusing was it a wand with a pentacle or two wands?

A wand with a pentacle for me would denote something different than two wands.

It is difficult therefore to offer an interpretation intuitively or by card meaning either way if I do not know which cards I am dealing with.

Let me ask if you do not mind, what is your interpretation of the cards? never mind the researched descriptions, what did you feel the cards were saying to you when you drew them? Before you even researched anything. Did you feel anything in particular about what the card and the clarifier were telling you?

It is better for you, imo here others may believe differently, to try and read these cards intuitively yourself.

If you are asking for a personal interpretation from others here, you may need to be clearer in what you have said or what you had meant, as I am not aware here whether or not I am interpreting a Wand with a pentacle or a pair of wands. And I like I am said unaware with these cards so would not know how to interpret the Kind of Wands, The 4 of Pentacles, or The Queen of cups. I have not worked with such a deck for quite a while. I do have a general interpretive system for Wands, Pentacles and other suits, but can not offer some of it, like I said if I do not know if it is a King of Wands with a 4 of Pentacles, or a 4 of Wands.
Old 30-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Master
The cards don't have a set definition. You go by what you feel best, and it takes years of practice to get that accuracy.
The king of wands could mean fire/ passion like wanting something to happen between the two. Four of wands could mean not have a solid base from where in they can engage you further, it is rather not from a place of more awareness for you, but only an interest to engage you more, like starting to get to know someone, so you don't know enough of the person to know ways to please them. Having a limited view, than developed/ matured view of a partner in a relationship.

Just my interpretation of it.
Old 30-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Master
My personal interpretation is different.

For me a wand and a wand in a two card spread- card, and clarifier - means this is not the right time to ask the question.

Whereas in a Two card spread, card and clarifier, a wand and a pentacle for me would indicate there are things to be worked through, or a wand and a pentacle is not as tough or hard nosed answer as a wand and a wand. Therefore in terms of the question asked, it is probably for me interpreted more as a signal to wait, or to give something more time.

As far as asking the cards about another party goes, I find I personally like to keep my own questions more along my own desires and or life path.

I would not particularly for example feel comfortable posing such questions to the cards in regards how "M" or "C" may feel about me.

If I truly wanted an honest answer to that question, I would come to the realization I would have to ask "M' or "C" if I wanted the truth, no bars hold.

Meaning if "C's" answer isn't what I want to hear, I will know the truth, and take pride in that I didn't let fear stop me from going straight to the horses mouth, and asking "C" "Hey how do you feel about me"? And I would thank "C" for his honesty, and take pride in myself for being brave enough to put myself out there, not take to fear, and to actively communicate with another human being in regards to how they may feel or what they desire from me.

A wand and pentacle for me in that sense would indicate- if you can not ask "C" yourself, you must wait.

And a wand and a wand is an indicator of- This is not the best time to ask this question.

Essentially the cards would be telling me the very same thing.
Old 31-01-2018, 02:28 AM
Master
I honestly don't have a set rule when it comes to reading cards. As in a wand and wand, and wand and pentacle as such. I read the cards by elements if i chose to focus on the question that way. And no I don't follow a hard set of rules when it comes to card interpretations, because a lot of things are shifting personally and also for the one being read when you are actually interpreting energy. Cards are just tools, that give indication, for someone who can naturally read, you will be able to give a reading without these set of cards just as much.
A wand and a wand, could mean excess fire since wand is fire, a wand and a pentacle, fire and earth . As such these cards could also indicate the energy in the dynamic and you could add additional clarifier if needed to understand the dynamic more. I don't feel there are a set rules to interpret cards . A person can interpret cards differently.
As in for asking how someone feels about you, plain and simple I don't mind that direct question at all Just one direct question can have many answers and many options to answer it similarly just as much.
If you ask ten readers by how the cards and question as in' how someone feels of you ' They would all give you similar or different answers as in the options are varied. I don't hold limitations or restrictions on questions or the way a spread should or should not be read.
With the swords, wands, pentacles and cups, yes you can focus on them to get a definite direction, but it does not have hard and fast rule as in it works a particular way.
The attitude, perception and style of the reader varies, so if someone focuses to read the cards a particular way, while they are reading, they might as well focus on that to get answers as in how they have held views to read a spread, for others they might have different style of reading and might interpret differently.
As in a reader who takes a question like your's and remembered that a wand and pentacle would mean it's not the right time or you would have to wait, might take from that experience in a different reading with a different person and interpret their situation similarly. But they are different people, and their situation might also be very different to the previous one. It might or might not be similar. So there is always room for more interpretation, there are no hard rules as such while reading cards.
And I don't mind taking many different types of questions from people.
There is always room for many different ways to interpret a spread or interpret cards.