Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Newbie ;)

Can cremated ashes hold emotions?

Hi all
I just joined so this is my first post...
I'm a single father and my mother died shortly before I moved into a new house with my daughter, about 9 years ago. I nominated to keep my mothers ashes and I still have them (we still need to agree on what to do with them). I can only remember my mother suffering from depression while I was generally playful and light hearted most of the time.
About a year after moving in and my daughter was old enough to go to school, I tried to set up a therapy practice. About 6 months to a year after I was so overwhelmed, that I simply crumbled and have suffered depression and huge self doubt ever since, and I just can't seem to get my life back on track.
My brother, who is quite new to spirituality pointed out that as I have our mothers ashes, it could be her energy in the house as she's not been 'put to rest' yet.
Any and all opinions and guidance will be appreciated. I'm off to bed now. almost 4:00am (UK time).
G'night all.
Old 30-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Master
Sorry for your loss. If it feels right to now go scatter your mothers ashes then have you a nice place in mind, somewhere your mother liked maybe?

Welcome to the forum.
Old 30-12-2019, 08:12 AM
hazada guess

When we pass,our spirit leaves the body,so in fact all that is left is an empty shell.
I agree with JosephineBloggs.Now is the time to find a nice place to scatter your mothers ashes..The energy you feel could well be your mothers spirit telling you to put her ashes to rest so that she can move on.
Perhaps after doing this,your depression will lift and all will start to get back to normal.
Old 30-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Master
I agree with JosephineBLoggs.From what i've read,even pictures can act as gates for residual energies to flow in.Better to discard the ashes,and do a heavy salt bath,and spray your body with bay leave water.
Old 30-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Master
When my dad passed in 2010 we left his ashes in the undertakers for 6 months, but it was on my mind, such a difficult time for sons/daughters left behind - so I scattered them around in a wood near a particular tree, and I planted some daffodils and tulips, I go there every year in spring to admire and remember...

I agree with others spirit is gone to paradise with spiritual energy moved on. But if 'you' want to scatter the ashes you will feel much better making a decision on it, if its what 'you' want, then - look after yourself and your family. And your mother will want to to be happy - look on this link below there is a link to raise your energy and vibrations for better health - and then be strong again, she will be pleased if you feel better.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Hope this helps.
Old 30-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Master

Agree with the opinions expressed. Although your mother's Soul has moved on elsewhere there could be some residual auric energy in her ashes. If she was prone to depression then this is not a healthy energy to have around your house.

This is not unlike those cases where someone has an organ transplant and then suddenly becomes interested in things which previously held no interest. They then find that the deceased organ donor had the same interests and tendencies. This may be because the new organ retains the auric energy of the previous owner.

So scatter your mother's ashes somewhere peaceful, and it may be worth performing a ceremony to cleanse the energies in your house.

Peace
Old 25-04-2020, 05:35 AM
asearcher

Hi, this is my first post as well. I think it can be a combination of things. You having your mother's ashes in the home as a constant reminded and unfinished business as the family has not yet decided where the ashes will go. I would try to not put this on hold but to get a decision and put the ashes somewhere you agree. The other is that you are as you point out a single parent and having started up your own business in your own home no less which to me sound as if you have been constantly on the "on button", with no real area where you can relax and when you can be "on". Starting up new businesses often takes much energy. Your daughter being 9 makes me think she has lots of things going on, friends in and out and so on. And you most likely trying to be both a mother and a father at the same time.

I think your mother's spirit could be stuck and because of your mental connection and you having your ashes there at home with you this could be why you too feel depressed, drained out. If I were you I would seek a medium to get help with her spirit, the energy, to help her move on if she is stuck.
Old 25-04-2020, 11:58 AM
Administrator
You need to scatter your mothers ashes now its time to let go, you need to scatter them somewhere away from your home.
I see you live in the UK so there will be plenty of wooded areas you can scatter them. hopefully your mood will change once you have done this.

Namaste
Old 26-04-2020, 11:40 AM
Elfin

Hello. I too am sorry for your loss. A man that I once knew told me " always look after your mum because when she has gone it's the hardest thing in the world to deal with"..... I don't feel as though ashes , as such, hold emotion. However I Do believe that your mum is still with you in spirit. By now you may have already scattered your mum's ashes. My gut feeling is that any depression you are going through is not connected to the ashes. You may well still be grieving and missing your mum which would be totally understandable. Also, you are raising your daughter and trying to make a business . Maybe everything has just got on top of you. But it sounds to me as though you are doing a great job, and I feel as though your mum would be so proud. Think of how much you love your daughter, and that will be a small indication of how much your mum loves you. I say "loves" because she will never leave you. With you always. Best of wishes.
Old 26-04-2020, 04:45 PM
Master
I totally agree with Elfin - keeping ashes won't hold the spirit going back to the light - if it makes a person that's left here feel better though, get on with scattering them, if and when its what you want to do, when the time 'feels' right...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...