Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.kishan
Then sir, it will all make sense to you. What is was saying.
I prefer to stick with my practise.I like krisnamurti and other authors as well,but i follow my own path.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:17 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I prefer to stick with my practise.I like krisnamurti and other authors as well,but i follow my own path.

Krishnamurti said. I am not your guru, i act as a mirror in which you can see yourself. Once you see what you are.

You can discard the mirror, It of no use.

So. We have our own path only
Old 25-03-2020, 01:27 PM
Master
Very well said.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:27 PM
Master

spirituality

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.kishan
Sir since you have pointed out thrice that i dont know about spirituality.

I would like to know from you what it is. Since you seem a very well knower of spirituality. Well, ill come to that.

Discourage and ridicule are heavy words. I hope that person dosent feel this after that.
But a movement happens in your body after reading that. You may call it hurt or anything and move on with it.
But we dont want to stay with that feeling. Which felt like a Punch to our "BELIEFS". This shows how STRONGLY WE HAVE BELIEFS.

About spirituality and sex as you said i have interest in later and dont want to understand what spirituality is.
Thought is creating pleasure, either way. CALL IT ANYTHING YOU WANT.
We want pleasure.
Why do we want enlightenment ?
We will deceive ourselves on this question by saying selfless things,

BUT ACTUALLY WE WANT SECURITY, A PERMANENT STATE, PERMANENT PLEASURE.

What is spiritual in this ? Sir i would agree to you. I dont know this spirituality.

And i would say sorry to Okey Dokey. And i would like to advice to channelize this energy, whatever you feel after reading that. into inquiring that whether thought. Which is my own creation. Can be sacred at all ?

I can quote sadhuguru krishnamurti alan watts and soo on. Who points out that thoughts are just thoughts. There is nothing sacred, holy, or spiritual in that.

If you may want. I will post links.

Sorry Again if it hurt your belief systems.

Namaste

Good u clarified about your well intentions for other members . You can oppose any idea or thought with substantive meaningful thoughts and convey what you believe or think . That's perfectly ok .

As I understand Okey Dokey's post , he means there are 2 dimensions/orientations in minds thought process 1. Material / physical or lower self and 2. Spiritual / Higher self . This is more psychological orientation than relating any physical body part in human body .

Material / Non-spiritual mind tries to orient towards what can be seen/ hear/touched / smelt / tasted with senses . Spiritual orientation tends to orient one towards the source of all these ie spirit .

One trying to seek spiritual pleasure for long is trying to gain independence and ensure continuous flow of happiness / bliss in life . It is not denial of seeking material happiness which u may like to have.

Thoughts can be pervert/ hostile , human or divine / sacred . Pervert thoughts may try to gain undue material advantage deceiving others . Human thoughts genuinely tries gain material advantage by working on and planning for genuine win-wn situations . Sacred thoughts goes beyond the domain of self benefit and it makes people work beyond material self interest.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:31 PM
Knower

I regret having used strong words and would say sorry again if it caused hurt.
But i used them intentionally. So that it hits.Hits in a different way. Which propels for self enquiry.

It is easy to fall into traps of things, we are very vulnerable human beings, as Lomax said. Never be sure of anything.

Sir, when we drop all ideas we have and see ourselves. That is the beginning of self knowing to which i was pointing out.

The terms i said, sex and spirituality.
Was to point out to the fact that it is Thought which is Wanting. Either thing. Well thats a different topic altogether.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Master
@jay Kishan
Be sure that we have something that trancends the consious mind.I'm not sure if it's the higher self,or the subconsious mind but from what i saw so far,it can do things that we can't.
And it's consious as well.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
@jay Kishan
Be sure that we have something that trancends the consious mind.I'm not sure if it's the higher self,or the subconsious mind but from what i saw so far,it can do things that we can't.
And it's consious as well.

I do agree with this and i am sure of it and i have a view on it too maybe you can clarify.

We surely have something which can do things our normal every day mind cant. You can call it anything, Atman, Super Consciousness, Self, higher Self.

So the name dosent matter, so now we can move on to what it is.

Sir, i think. When we no longer deceive ourselves with ideas and numerous thoughts, as far as we are looking at the world at WHAT IS with this numerous thoughts going on in our mind which is ABOUT WHAT IS but not WHAT IS. We cant see the immeasurable, again, call it anything, atman, divine e.t.c.

When our mind is so attentive, NOT ALLOWING A SINGLE THOUGHT TO PASS BY WITHOUT OBSERVING. That means, not TRYING to do this, not trying to suppress thoughts, but seeing, observing. Just attending to our thoughts, (Which i think is actual meditation) see what they are, See its conflicting nature. Then the mind becomes silent on it own. without US HAVING TO DO anything. JUST BY OBSERVING, JUST BY LETTING IT CHATTER, THE FACT THAT IT IS CHATTERING.

When we are meditative to that level in our daily life, so observant, we see gaps in middle of thoughts. We see our thoughts as separate Entity. Obviously as we can see them, so it is separate. We see how thought arises, what is its nature.

Having realized the whole movement of thought and ego. It no longer can deceive US.Then we see WHAT IS Without any thought interfering, which is constantly judging WHAT IS.
Then only, we can see the immeasurable, the atmna, soul or anything.

Without any ripples of thoughts in our minds. Our MIND BECOME ABSOLUTELY CLEAR ABOUT WHAT IS> .
Old 25-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Master
HITESH SHAH,

Could I ask you your opinion on the reason for the highlighted part?

Quote:
Thoughts can be pervert/ hostile , human or divine / sacred. Pervert thoughts may try to gain undue material advantage deceiving others. Human thoughts genuinely tries gain material advantage by working on and planning for genuine win-wn situations . Sacred thoughts goes beyond the domain of self benefit and it makes people work beyond material self interest.
Old 25-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Master

certainly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
HITESH SHAH,

Could I ask you your opinion on the reason for the highlighted part?

There is no suggestion or implication . This is the way I understand the nature of thoughts work in this real world albeit their proportion may be differing and most thought falling in the category of human normal thoughts. As spirituality and philosophy are study of reality , it is to important have good and proper distinctions to reflect and understand the reality .
Old 25-03-2020, 03:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
There is no suggestion or implication . This is the way I understand the nature of thoughts work in this real world albeit their proportion may be differing and most thought falling in the category of human normal thoughts. As spirituality and philosophy are study of reality , it is to important have good and proper distinctions to reflect and understand the reality .

So you have no personal opinion on the matter, or you'd rather not give an opinion? If this is the case. Fine, I'll leave it there.