Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-03-2020, 06:41 AM
Experiencer
The Lovers + 2 of Cups

What does it mean when the Lovers card appears together with the 2 of Cups in a reading?
Old 01-03-2020, 10:00 AM
Master
More info, please. What was the question, did you use a spread with positions?
Old 01-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Experiencer
A friend did my reading but didn't elaborate on those 2 cards. It was a Celtic spread and the two cards were in the Staff. About a week later, she read me and 4 other people, but just showed us the cards, and didn't give much info. I got the same two cards in that two-card cross.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:02 PM
Seeker

Hello Botticella22, in order to answer your question, we need the following infos:

-Which question or theme was asked for this reading (or was this reading done without focusing on a theme/question in particular?)

In which "slot" the Lovers an the 2 of cups cards were placed (The outcome? The advice? The challenge? The querent? The meaning of the card depends also of its placement, and all the cards of the spread.

Depending on these elements, the interpretation could be very different, thought the already theme picked by both these cards seems to point towards relationship theme.

Old 22-03-2020, 09:59 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicesofSpring
Hello Botticella22, in order to answer your question, we need the following infos:

-Which question or theme was asked for this reading (or was this reading done without focusing on a theme/question in particular?)

There was no question asked. It was just done without a focused question.

Quote:
In which "slot" the Lovers an the 2 of cups cards were placed (The outcome? The advice? The challenge? The querent? The meaning of the card depends also of its placement, and all the cards of the spread.

They were in the outcome.

Quote:
Depending on these elements, the interpretation could be very different, thought the already theme picked by both these cards seems to point towards relationship theme.

Well, that's what's very confusing for me - I'm not in a relationship at the moment. Not even close to one. There is someone I've had my eye on, but I have given up on that person (because I don't believe that things are mutual). So I don't understand what message the cards would have for me. Sadly, my friend just drew the cards and didn't really explain them. It was more like "Look what came out! Ok, next!"
Old 23-03-2020, 12:18 PM
55Degrees

Lovers card can indicate having to make choices in a relationship. People assume it's the 'great love affair' due to its title, however traditionally there are 3 figures in the card, so a choice has to be made.
2 of Cups can indicate a meeting of the hearts. This can be someone with the same interests as you, a mutually rewarding partnership, in love, business or friendship.

Seeing as you've already 'given up' on the person you liked the cards could indicate that by doing so you've realised your worth and this leaves you open to meeting someone who feels the same way you do.