Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 25-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Ascender
I sense their presence, and I have met both Thor and Skadi. I used to channel Lilith a lot but she has been quiet recently.
Old 25-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Experiencer

The only God I've met face to face is Pan. That was an incredible blessing. I believe Lilith exists. She and Eve seem to represent two sides of the Sacred Feminine. Would you consider that true? I will post my experience with Pan.
Old 25-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Ascender
I view Eve as more subservient than Lilith. Eve was happy to "lie on her back" as it were.
Old 25-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
Since when is love not some kind of spell that is cast upon the unwary; anybody who falls in love is hopelessly enslaved by some irrational power.

I've never thought of love as being a spell that's cast upon the unwary. Yes, we never know when we're going to meet the person we fall in love with and it's been said that it's like falling under a spell, but when most people fall in love there has been no literal spell cast - no-one has done any magic. Love is a natural part of the human experience.

Last edited by Jenny Crow : 26-05-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Old 26-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GweneveirPriestess
That's so nice, Jenny! If I may ask, for how long have you been a practitioner? And also, do you have a Pagan name? (your username sounded like it could be it) :>

I'm thoroughly interested that your practice is Celtic! A good friend of mine is greatly thinking about making her spiritual guidance based upon the Celtic Pagan background. She says it really calls to her. :)

Hello GweneveirPriestess,

I've been a practitioner for thirty five (and more) years. I was initiated into the Gardnerian Witchcraft Tradition (which is now known as Gardnerian Wicca or Trad Wicca). However, six or so years ago I was called to the Celtic path and had a phenomenal experience meeting my patron goddess. If you're interested I can recommend some good books for your friend - just PM me

Yes, I have a Pagan name but it's not my username.

Last edited by Jenny Crow : 26-05-2014 at 04:46 AM.
Old 27-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Naddread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GweneveirPriestess
To Naddread: Oh wow, that's so interesting! I am incredibly happy about the variety here! ;w; If you don't mind me asking, for how long have you been Heathen? And also, how would you describe a Heathen? Or the religion/belief/craft, per se?

I could say I was born Heathen because I take a somewhat Folkish understanding of Heathenry. Meaning that because of my ancestry I consider myself Heathen by blood. As far as a conscious decision to take it on as a daily practice? Only relatively recently. One and half years or so. I was raised Lutheran Christian but then as an adult I stepped away from that and started researching Ancient Egypt, the Occult, American Indian Spirituality etc. etc. Eventually finding my way home to Heathenry.

I would describe a Heathen as one who practices the reconstructed spirituality of pre-Christian Europe. In particular, but not exclusively, Northern Europe i.e. the Germanic/Teutonic peoples. What that involves exactly is difficult to explain in a few words. Especially when every Heathen will inevitably have a different opinion on the matter. But that is the beauty of it.

~Naddread~
Old 12-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Megamedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyth Von Gore
I view Eve as more subservient than Lilith. Eve was happy to "lie on her back" as it were.

I have heard that they took a spirit and parted it in half when it did not bow down. Kept the subservient part called it Eve and threw out the part we know as Lilith.

For myself: I answer to the Titan Krios, he is my one and all.
Old 13-07-2014, 01:10 PM
OftheSun

Lately I've been part of several discussions that have opened my eyes about my beliefs.

I am a polytheist. I believe there are many gods, godesses, spirits etc. And that different people have different callings and relationships with them.

Personally I am a Pantheist, Universe is the ultimate reality (for me anyway) but I truly believe people are on different paths, it's not a case of all roads leading to the same mountain top, people are headed different places.

I have tried to connect with various deities and spirits over the decades and it isn't meant to be. Pantheist IS what I am, and have always been. I tried to connect with deities because I know many who have and it's been so fulfilling, but this is what is fulfilling to me, what matches entirely with no squinting of fudging, my experience of life.

I once met Anubis in a shamanic journey meditation. That was awesome, but we just met, it wasn't the start of anything beautiful, though I dearly hoped it was.

So, I'm a polytheist without a pantheon!

I don't in anyway feel the Sun is a deity or divine (well, not in supernatural terms) but I worship it. I just do, always have, that is my authentic response to it. I don't worship it because it wants or needs me to, I worship it because I cannot NOT worship it.

And worshiping it feels awesome and improves my experience of life.
Old 16-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Experiencer

Very interesting post OFTheSun. Your form of worship makes me wonder if you had past lives where you were a priest, or priestess in a Sun religion. That, coupled with your Anubis sighting, makes me wonder if it was in Egypt. Many years after I saw Pan, I found out that I was a priestess in his temple in Caesaria Phillipi. I was murdered by Christians, in the time of Constantine. I guess that would explain my lifelong suspicion and distrust of Christians. Do you feel a "pull" to Egypt, beyond the ordinary? I think most people are interested.
Old 17-07-2014, 03:42 AM
OftheSun

When I was young I was REALLY into Egyptology, then studied Egyptian art for awhile. Not sure if it was any more than many young people who lived in a city with an amazing collection of Egyptian artifacts or not.

Did study some heiroglyphics etc...haha, certainly was not proficient, but I did mummify a fish using authentic methods.

Always had this thing for Anubis, and studied Kemetic Orthodoxy a bit about 15 yrs ago.

Interestingly I had a heavy interest in the reign of Ankhenaten, who did worship Aten the disc of the Sun. And I use a moderns translation of his Great Hymn to Aten sometimes in my own ritual and worship.

I never have had any sense of living any lives before this. I really feel like it's my first go round, but I've not done any past life work etc.

I really just fell in love with the Sun when I was a little kid, and here I still am!

My next tattoo will read "There is always something grateful, needy and sincere, basking in the Sun." a line from a prayer I wrote many years ago.