Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 22-11-2010, 07:35 PM
More NDE's - from India, Hindu

The following Hindu near-death experiences come from Pasricha's and Stevenson's research as well as other sources on near-death experiences in India.
Vasudev Pandey

Vasudev Pandey was interviewed in 1975 and again in 1976. He was born in 1921 and had nearly died in his home of what he described as "paratyphoid disease" when he was about 10 years old. Vasudev had been considered dead and his body had actually been taken to the cremation ground. However, some indications of life aroused attention, and Vasudev was removed to the hospital where doctors tried to revive him, using "injections," with eventual success. He remained unconscious for 3 days and then became able to describe the following experience (as narrated to us in 1975):

"Two persons caught me and took me with them. I felt tired after walking some distance; they started to drag me. My feet became useless. There was a man sitting up. He looked dreadful and was all black. He was not wearing any clothes. He said in a rage [to the attendants who had brought Vasudev] "I had asked you to bring Vasudev the gardener. Our garden is drying up. You have brought Vasudev the student." When I regained consciousness, Vasudev the gardener was standing in front of me [apparently in the crowd of family and servants who had gathered around the bed of the ostensibly dead Vasudev]. He was hale and hearty. People started teasing him saying, "Now it is your turn." He seemed to sleep well in the night, but the next morning he was dead."

In reply to questions about details, Vasudev said that the "black man" had a club and used foul language. Vasudev identified him as Yamraj, the Hindu god of the dead. He said that he was "brought back" by the same two men who had taken him to Yamraj in the first place. Vasudev's mother (who had died before the time of the interview) had been a pious woman who read scriptures that included descriptions of Yamraj. Vasudev, even as a boy before his near-death experience, was quite familiar with Yamraj.

Durga Jatav

Durga Jatav, a man approximately 50 years old, was interviewed in November, 1979, and again 3 months later. About 30 years before, he had been ill for several weeks, suffering from what had been diagnosed as typhoid. When his body "became cold" for a couple of hours, his family thought he had died. He revived, however, and on the third day following this he told his family he had been taken to another place by 10 people. He had tried to escape, but they had then cut off his legs at the knees to prevent his escape. He was taken to a place where there were tables and chairs and 40 or 50 people sitting. He recognized no one. They looked at his "papers," saw that his name was not on their list, and said, "Why have you brought him here? Take him back." To this Durga had replied, "How can I go back? I don't have feet." He was then shown several pairs of legs, he recognized his own, and they were somehow reattached. He was then sent back with the instructions not to "stretch" (bend?) his knees so that they could mend. (Durga's older sister, who was also interviewed, corroborated his account of his apparent death and revival.)

Durga's sister and a neighbor noticed a few days after he revived that marks had appeared on his knees; there had previously been no such marks there. These folds, or deep fissures, in the skin on the front of Durga's knees were still visible in 1979. There was no bleeding or pain in the knees other than the discomfort engendered by Durga's following the "instructions" to keep his knees in a fixed position. X-ray photographs that we had taken in 1981 showed no abnormality below the surface of the skin.
Durga had not heard of such experiences before his own near-death experience. He did not see his physical body from some other position in space. He said that afterward the experience seemed like a dream; nevertheless, he claimed that it had strengthened his faith in God.

One informant for this case (the headman of the village where Durga lived) said that at the time of Durga's experience another person by the same name had died in Agra (about 30 km away); however, neither Durga nor his older sister were able to confirm this statement.

Chhajju Bania

Chhajju Bania was interviewed in 1981, at which time he was about 40 years old. His near-death experience had occurred some 6 years earlier. He became ill with fever and his condition deteriorated until he was thought to have died, at which time his relatives began preparing his body for cremation. However, he revived, and he gave the following account of his experience as he remembered it afterward:

"Four black messengers came and held me. I asked, "Where are you taking me?" They took me and seated me near the god. My body had become small. There was an old lady sitting there. She had a pen in her hand, and the clerks had a heap of books in front of them. I was summoned ... One of the clerks said, "We don't need Chhajju Bania (trader). We had asked for Chhajju Kumhar (potter). Push him back and bring the other man. He (meaning Chhajju Bania) has some life remaining." I asked the clerks to give me some work to do, but not to send me back. Yamraj was there sitting on a high chair with a white beard and wearing yellow clothes. He asked me, "What do you want?" I told him that I wanted to stay there. He asked me to extend my hand. I don't remember whether he gave me something or not. Then I was pushed down [and revived]."

Chhajju mentioned that he later learned that a person called Chhajju Kumhar had died at about the same time that he (Chhajju Bania) revived. He said that his behavior had changed following his near-death experience, particularly in the direction of his becoming more honest.

Chhajju's wife, Saroj, remembered her husband's experience, but her account of what he told her about the near-death experience differed in some details from his statement. For example, she said he had told her (about reviving) that at the place to which the four men had taken him there "was a man with a beard with lots of papers in front of him" (not an old lady). The bearded man said, "It is not his turn. Bring Chhajju Kori (a weaver)" (Not Chhajju Kumhar). Other discrepancies between the two accounts concerned unimportant details. Saroj remembered her husband telling her that he had not wanted to leave "there" and that he had been "pushed down" before he revived.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Mangal Singh

Mangal Singh was interviewed in March, 1983, when he was 79 years old. He described his near-death experience, which had occurred approximately 5 or 6 years earlier. Unlike most subjects who have had near-death experiences, he was not ill at the time, or did not consider himself to be so. He gave the following description of his experience:

"I was lying down on a cot when two people came, lifted me up, and took me along. I heard a hissing sound, but I couldn't see anything. Then I came to a gate. There was grass, and the ground seemed to be sloping. A man was there, and he reprimanded the men who had brought me, "Why have you brought the wrong person? Why have you not brought the man you had been sent for?" The two men [who had brought Mangal] ran away, and the senior man said, "You go back." Suddenly I saw two big pots of boiling water, although there was no fire, no firewood, and no fireplace. Then the man pushed me with his hand and said, "You had better hurry up and go back." When he touched me, I suddenly became aware of how hot his hand was. Then I realized why the pots were boiling. The heat was coming from his hands. Suddenly I regained consciousness, and I had a severe burning sensation in my left arm."

The area developed the appearance of a boil. Mangal showed it to a doctor who applied some ointment. The area healed within 3 days but left a residual mark on the left arm, which was examined.
In response to questions, Mangal said that he thought that he might have been sleeping at the time of the experience, but he was not sure of this. He was unable to describe the appearance of the persons figuring in the experience. It seemed to be less visual than auditory and tactile. He did remember that the senior "official" had picked up a lathi (a heavy Indian staff) with which he intended to beat the lesser "employees" before they ran away. Another person had died in the locality at or about the time he revived, but Mangal and his family made no inquires about the suddenness of this person's death and did not even learn his name.

An Analysis of Hindu NDEs

The Hindu near-death experiences profiled here are typical of the cases studied in India by researchers Satwant Pasricha and Ian Stevenson. The subject does not view his or her physical body, as do many subjects of western near-death experience cases. Instead the subject is taken in hand by "messengers" and brought before a man or woman who is often described as having a book or papers that he or she consults. A mistake is discovered. The wrong person has been "sent for," and this person is then brought back by the messengers to his or her terrestrial life; or the subject is "pushed down" and revives. The error supposedly made is often a slight one, as a person of the same given name but a different caste, or someone living in a different but nearby village, should have died and been brought instead of the subject of the near-death experience. In six of their cases, the informants said that another "correct" person (corresponding to the subject's information from the "next world") did, in fact, die at about the time the subject revived; but the researchers did not verify those deaths.

In contrast, subjects of western near-death experiences usually give no reason (in psychological terms) for their recovery; if they do give one they may say that they revived because they decided to return of their own accord, often because of love for living members of their family. Sometimes they are "sent back" by deceased persons who tell them their "time has not yet come." Indian subjects sometimes report meeting relatives and friends in the "other realm" in which they find themselves, but these persons have nothing to do or say about the prematurity of the subject's death and a need for him or her to continue living. The idea of prematurity of death, or "your time has not yet come," occurs in the cases of both cultures; but the persons involved in sending the NDEr "back to life" differ.

All in all, researchers Pasricha and Stevenson uncovered 16 accounts of near-death experiences in India. Later research by Pasricha documented another 29 near-death experiences by people living in India.

A comparison of Hindu near-death experiences with western accounts reveals the following:

(1) In 45 Hindu near-death accounts, Pasrich and Stevenson found no evidence of a tunnel experience which is frequently found in western accounts of the near-death experience. However, another near-death researcher, Susan Blackmore, has reported accounts of a tunnel experience in her research of 8 Hindu near-death experiencers.

(2) Only one account contained an out-of-body experience, which is another aspect that is frequently found in western accounts. Osis and Haraldsson did find several accounts of out-of-body experience in the Indian near-death experiences they researched.

(3) Consistent with western accounts, some Hindu near-death accounts included a life review. However, whereas in western accounts the life review often consist of seeing a panoramic view of a person's entire life, Hindu accounts consists of having someone read the record of the dying person's life (called the "akashic record"). In Christian circles, this is equivalent to reading from the "Book of Life" as known from Christian doctrine of the resurrection. In Hindu circles, it is a traditional belief that the reading of a person's akashic record occurs immediately after death and this concept is widely believed by Hindus all over India. However, the panoramic life review, which is commonly mentioned in western accounts, does not appear in accounts from India.

(4) As in western accounts, Hindu near-death accounts sometimes describe the meeting of religious deities and deceased loved ones.

Near-death researchers, Karlis Osis and Erlendur Haraldsson, documented the first major accounts of near-death experiences in India. In their interviews with 704 people living in India about their near-death experiences, 64 accounts of near-death experiences came to the surface. The remaining accounts had to do with death-bed visions.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Hindu Afterlife Beliefs

The Upanishads, the ancient set of Hindu religious texts, postulated an eternal, changeless core of the self called as the "Atman." This soul or "deep self" was viewed as being identical with the unchanging godhead, referred to as Brahma (the unitary ground of being that transcends particular gods and goddesses). Untouched by the variations of time and circumstance, the Atman was nevertheless entrapped in the world of "samsara" (the cycle of death and rebirth). Unlike Western treatments of reincarnation, which tend to make the idea of coming back into body after body seem exotic, desirable, and even romantic, Hinduism, Buddhism, and other southern Asian religions portray the samsaric process as unhappy. Life in this world means suffering.

What keeps us trapped in the samsaric cycle is the law of karma. In its simplest form, this law operates impersonally like a natural law, ensuring that every good or bad deed eventually returns to the individual in the form of reward or punishment commensurate with the original deed. It is the necessity of "reaping one's karma" that compels human beings to take rebirth (to reincarnate) in successive lifetimes. In other words, if one dies before reaping the effects of one's actions (as most people do), the karmic process demands that one come back in a future life. Coming back in another lifetime also allows karmic forces to reward or punish one through the circumstances to which one is born. Hence, for example, an individual who was generous in one lifetime might be reborn as a wealthy person in the next incarnation.

"Moksha" is the traditional Sanskrit term for release or liberation from the endless chain of deaths and rebirths. In the southern Asian religious tradition, it represents the supreme goal of human strivings. Reflecting the diversity of Hinduism, liberation can be attained in a variety of ways, from the proper performance of certain rituals to highly disciplined forms of yoga. In the Upanishads, it is proper knowledge, in the sense of insight into the nature of reality, that enables the aspiring seeker to achieve liberation from the wheel of rebirth.

What happens to the individual after reaching moksha? In Upanishadic Hinduism, the individual Atman is believed to merge into the cosmic Brahma. A traditional image is that of a drop of water that, when dropped into the ocean, loses its individuality and becomes one with the sea. Although widespread, this metaphor does not quite capture the significance of this merger. Rather than losing one's individuality, the Upanishadic understanding is that the Atman is never separate from Brahma; hence, individuality is illusory, and moksha is simply waking up from the dream of separateness.

The most that the classical texts of Hinduism say about the state of one who has merged with the godhead is that the person has become one with pure "beingness," consciousness, and bliss. From the perspective of world-affirming Western society, such a static afterlife appears distinctly undesirable.

Beginning at least several centuries B.C., devotionalism rejected the impersonalism of both the ritual strategy of Vedism and the intellectual emphasis of the Upanishads. Instead, God was approached as a personal, supremely loving deity who would respond to devotional worship. The afterlife in devotional theism is not the static, abstract bliss of merging into the ocean of Brahma. Rather, the devotional tradition views the liberated soul as participating in a blissful round of devotional activities in a heaven world that is comparable, in certain respects, to the heaven of Western religions.

Along with heaven realms, Hinduism also developed notions of hell worlds in which exceptionally sinful individuals were punished. Many of the torments of Hindu hell worlds, such as being tortured by demons, resemble the torments of more familiar Western hells. Unlike Western hells, however, Hindu hell worlds are not final dwelling places. They are more like purgatories in which sinful souls experience suffering for a limited term. After the term is over, even the most evil person is turned out of hell to once again participate in the cycle of reincarnation.

"hell to once again participate in the cycle of reincarnation.

Old 23-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Master
Thanks for posting this, Miss H. We don't often hear NDE stories from other cultures.

Xan

Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
April 2009
EXPERIENCE DESCRIPTION:
How can I put it in words? The feeling is way too beautiful and miraculous for someone to believe. But so true, so loving, so peaceful that it has become me.
It was the sunny morning at around 11 pm of 18th May, 2007 when I boarded a bus to take up some work. I don’t know what happened, I just heard some voices so concerned about me and pleading me lovingly, saying “WAKE UP!! WAKE UP!! NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOUR BRAIN. YOU ARE A VIPASSANIYA! WAKE UP, WAKE UP! And I did wake up, saw that my bus had met with a deadly accident killing the bus driver and injuring many of us. I was the only one who flew from the front seat. The vision was blurry, the sound dull, and some guy asked me about informing any of the family member. I somehow struggled my husband’s name and saw myself soaked in blood having splinters all over my body, leg crushed badly and then a blackout. I opened my eyes dying to breathe and saw myself amidst doctors, I made a sign to help me breathe and saw doctors and nurses cutting my clothes, I tried to protect but gave up. Then a bright light appeared having a soft man’s voice that told me “YOU WILL LEAVE EVERYTHING BEHIND. YOUR LOVED ONES, THE HARD EARNED AWARD, MONEY, EVEN YOUR CLOTHES. YOU’LL COME TO ME EMPTY HANDED.” The light also gave me an important message to follow it as much possible.
Mom said I was unconscious for 3 days. My doctor and family told me I was in a very fatal condition due to the head injury. Anything could have happened from being a vegetable, to losing my memory, to death of course. I smile because I was already informed by the angels. From a normal person, I have become a handicap but still when people see me smiling they wonder about the glow on my face. The glow of God. I feel very homesick and a sense of not belonging to this world. For I know this is not my home. I don’t feel human. But I have to live till He calls me back and obey the message He only had for me. It’s very hard to follow but trying my best to spread the LOVE and PEACE God has for all of us.

Was the kind of experience difficult to express in words? Yes INITIALLY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH MEDICAL DOSES AND INJECTIONS I WAS NOT IN SENSES FOR MANY MONTHS. GRADUALLY I STARTED FEELING SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ME AND CAME ACROSS AN ARTICLE IN A MAGAZINE THAT INTRODUCED ME TO THE TECHNICAL TERM - NDE.

At the time of this experience, was there an associated life threatening event? Yes LOSS OF BLOOD AND SKULL FRACTURE BESIDES OTHER MAJOR INJURIES MADE IT A LIFE THREATENING EVENT

At what time during the experience were you at your highest level of consciousness and alertness? IN THE OPERATION THEATRE

How did your highest level of consciousness and alertness during the experience compare to your normal every day consciousness and alertness? More consciousness and alertness than normal

If your highest level of consciousness and alertness during the experience was different from your normal every day consciousness and alertness, please explain: IN THE OPERATION THEATRE

Did your vision differ in any way from your normal, everyday vision (in any aspect, such as clarity, field of vision, colors, brightness, depth perception degree of solidness/transparency of objects, etc.)? No

Did your hearing differ in any way from your normal, everyday hearing (in any aspect, such as clarity, ability to recognize source of sound, pitch, loudness, etc.)? No

Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body? No

What emotions did you feel during the experience? PEACEFUL, LOVING, CARING!

Did you pass into or through a tunnel or enclosure? No

Did you see a light? Yes A GLOW WITH A SOFT MAN'S VOICE TALKING TO ME AND GIVING ME A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.

Did you meet or see any other beings? Yes JUST SAW THE FACE OF MY DECEASED UNCLE AND A FRIEND WHO DIED AT A YOUNG AGE.

Did you experience a review of past events in your life? No

Did you observe or hear anything regarding people or events during your experience that could be verified later? No

Did you see or visit any beautiful or otherwise distinctive locations, levels or dimensions? No

Did you have any sense of altered space or time? No

Did you have a sense of knowing special knowledge, universal order and/or purpose? Yes I BELIEVE THERE MUST BE SOME PURPOSE FOR WHICH I'VE BEEN KEPT ALIVE FOR!

Did you reach a boundary or limiting physical structure? No

Did you become aware of future events? No

Did you have any psychic, paranormal or other special gifts following the experience you did not have prior to the experience? No

Have you shared this experience with others? Yes I SHARED IT WITH MY DOCTOR TOLD HIM THAT I FEEL LIKE A SOUL. HE SAID IT MUST BE BECAUSE OF THE HEAD INJURY. HE BELIEVED ME.

Did you have any knowledge of near death experience (NDE) prior to your experience? No

How did you view the reality of your experience shortly (days to weeks) after it happened: Experience was definitely real I NOTICED THE CHANGE IN ME AS I STARTED FEELING AWARE ABOUT THINGS I.E. AFTER 6 MONTHS

Were there one or several parts of the experience especially meaningful or significant to you? GOOD, BAD, DIVINE, EVIL, PEACE, WAR... EVERYTHING HAS A REASON

How do you currently view the reality of your experience: Experience was definitely real VERY MEANINGFUL AND IT WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAD EVER HAPPENED TO ME.

Have your relationships changed specifically as a result of your experience? YesI FORGIVE PEOPLE. I INSPIRE PEOPLE. ALSO I HAVE BECOME LESS CARING AS I LEAVE THINGS IN THE HANDS OF GOD.

Have your religious beliefs/practices changed specifically as a result of your experience? No

Following the experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? No

Is there anything else you would like to add concerning the experience? DEATH IS BEAUTIFUL! AND GOD IS SO CLOSE TO US ALL!

Did the questions asked and information you provided so far accurately and comprehensively describe your experience? Yes IT SERVES THE PURPOSE

Are there any other questions we could ask to help you communicate your experience? IT'S GOOD ENOUGH

Old 12-01-2011, 02:05 PM
From Turkey

From Turkey:
It was the first day of religious festival. I couldn’t remember the exact date. I had gotten over a serious illness that year. That’s why I remember the year very well. After breakfast, I left the table and drank a glass of water while I was standing. Suddenly, I felt a strong pain in my chest. I fainted. However, I was still conscious but in a different place - at least my soul was. At first it was very dark. I can’t describe the place. I was asking myself where I was. I realised that I was flying very fast, as if I was looking for myself. I felt very light and relaxed. At one point I saw myself on the floor. I was lying on my right arm. I went down and tried to raise myself, but it was impossible; my body was very heavy. Besides when I try I felt dizzy. Suddenly, I looked up and saw a beautiful place. Everywhere was green; small streams were running. I felt I was being pulled there. I tried to reach there with my hand, as if some hand were pulling me. While I was nearing that place, I heard my husband’s and daughter’s voices. I turned my head and saw them. Then I took my hands back. I was screaming “Not now, not now”. At that point something happened; I describe this event like seperating a column of water from another body of water. I came round. I was told that I had fainted; but I had been conscious.
If death is like this experience; believe me it is very nice. Still, I sometimes faint, but I do not live the same experience at all. Last time I fainted in May 2006. I felt I was the same place. I do not know where it is. I feel afraid that I would love the place and wouldn’t come back. My duties are not over yet in the World. I also believe that if one wants and leave himself the death happens.

Was the kind of experience difficult to express in words? Yes, especially the place.

At the time of this experience, was there an associated life threatening event?No, I only fainted.

At what time during the experience were you at your highest level of consciousness and alertness?Yes I didn’t lost my consciousness.

How did your highest level of consciousness and alertness during the experience compare to your normal every day consciousness and alertness? Normal consciousness and alertness

Did your vision differ in any way from your normal, everyday vision (in any aspect, such as clarity, field of vision, colors, brightness, depth perception degree of solidness/transparency of objects, etc.)? I was seing little unclearly. When I opened my eyes the view was getting clear.

Did your hearing differ in any way from your normal, everyday hearing (in any aspect, such as clarity, ability to recognize source of sound, pitch, loudness, etc.)?
No, I heart everything.

Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body? Yes, my body was on the flor.

What emotions did you feel during the experience? It felt very nice. I was very light, as if my soul was running like water. My body was too heavy forme.

Did you pass into or through a tunnel or enclosure?No

Did you see a light?Yes. the light was in the place ahead of me. I was being pulled there.
Did you meet or see any other beings? Yes, people were around but away. I couldn’t see their faces; but saw their hands.

Did you experience a review of past events in your life?No

Did you observe or hear anything regarding people or events during your experience that could be verified later? No

Did you see or visit any beautiful or otherwise distinctive locations, levels or dimensions? Not visited but about to visit a very beautiful and green place.

Did you have any sense of altered space or time? No.

Did you have a sense of knowing special knowledge, universal order and/or purpose? No.

Did you reach a boundary or limiting physical structure? Yes. I was just about to reach a beautiful place but I took my hand back at the last minute. I knew that if I reached there I wouldn’t be able to return back.

Did you become aware of future events? Yes. After this experience the future event I saw in my dreams about other people were became real.

Did you have any psychic, paranormal or other special gifts following the experience you did not have prior to the experience? Yes. I can read what is inside minds of people and sometimes I tell people about their future, because a voice coming from inside my mind tells me. But I do not always believe this voice and I become afraid. I do not want to know everythink about future.

Have you shared this experience with others? Yes. As I am a reliable people everyone believed in my experience. By now no one said this experience was not true. ±.

Did you have any knowledge of near death experience (NDE) prior to your experience? No

How did you view the reality of your experience shortly (days to weeks) after it happened: I believe that this was a real experience since I was conscious all the way. I understood that I’m a different person from other people.

Were there one or several parts of the experience especially meaningful or significant to you? No. sanki bana ek bir zaman verilmiş gibi hissediyorum.bir şey yapmalıyım ama görevimne bilmiyorum. bekliyorum.eminim söyleyecekler.

How do you currently view the reality of your experience: I still believe that that experience was definately real. I’m afraid that I might live the same experience again and might go further.

Have your relationships changed specifically as a result of your experience? No

Have your religious beliefs/practices changed specifically as a result of your experience? No

Following the experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? Yes sometimes I faint and once I went the same place, but always come back very soon. After I lost my consciousness, I feel as if my soul is recharged and get stronger. Sometimes I know that I’m going to faint and it happens in a few days. Last time I fainted, I talked loudly and said “They do something to me. Mom do not give me to them”.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Bluegreen

After reading I don't know how many NDEs I came to the conclusion that what we experience after death is determined by what we believe. This conclusion was also reached by the owner of the site called near-death.com.
You will find it in Mellen-Thomas Benedict's account of his near death experience, which by the way, is one of the most interesting accounts I have so far come acrosss.

Quote:
The Light kept changing into different figures, like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, mandalas, archetypal images and signs.
[...]
The Light responded. The information transferred to me was that during your life after death experience your beliefs shape the kind of feedback you are getting before the Light. If you were a Buddhist or Catholic or Fundamentalist, you get a feedback loop of your own stuff. You have a chance to look at it and examine it, but most people do not.
[...]
I was not committed to one particular religion. So that is what was being fed back to me during my life after death experience.

I wonder how many people examine their beliefs when they are alive.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
I wonder how many people examine their
beliefs when they are alive.

I must admit ----I don't think I recall anyone that doesn't.

Old 16-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Ascender

The Indian ones were a very interesting read. I do believe that what we see after death is dependant upon our beliefs in our recent life.