Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 25-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Master
Lanzalady - just caught on to where your name comes from

OK, Tools. I don't really use any. I have a walking staff which I have adapted as a camera monopod, a Swiss Army knife and that's about it. Wand - don't use them ! It's pretty much a feature of my Path [Cunning Folk] that we don't go in for tools or complex rituals [except Striding the Hedge of course]. I have always thought that anything you do decide to use should be made by you from natural materials [more Earth energy]
Athame, cauldron, robes - no ! [although I do have a wolf's head dress ]
This is my temple. A small dale with a stream. It has a cleansing pool below the waterfall and a rock shelf as an altar.
My message is - your Will and Intent are more powerful that any amount of tools. Go with what you have and what feels right for you.
Just enjoy !

Old 25-04-2013, 12:52 PM
goldentimes

tools

yes, you do not have to use tools, but I feel that tools can give you little spiritual feelings and helps me feel energy more. I use wands at times, but you can use your finger and I do not use a robes always, but you can just have something to wear for your craft work. You also do not need a big alter, a small table will do or any shelf will do. I have shelf above my fire place and I use as well a small table.

If you are like me and you would like to use some tools, then yes a BBQ would make a Beltane fire. A athame I use a black handle letter opener or you can use a black handle kitchen knife that you do not use in the kitchen or a black handle penknife-anything like that that can be used, as long it has a black handle and pointed to being semi-sharp. If you do not have coloured candles, then use clear white and you can then use your athame to write on each one earth, fire, water, air and have them set at the 4 points on your alter. For the god(s) and goddess(es) you can find a white or gray stone-for the female and a dark brown or black- for male, or what you can do is find 2 good size pebbles and some paint, simply paint a god or the sun and goddess or the 4 moons-(the 4th sits on top of the full moon). If you can get to the flower shop, then I would go and get some flowers to put on your alter- 1) it can be an offering, 2) it's makes your alter lovely and 3) you could buy the right colour for each Festival (it doesn't matter what the flowers are, but the coloures "I think" does).

If your not happy working with your gods at any time, then you can just work with the spirits of earth, fire, water, air as long as you thank them and it's good if you leave an offering, but you could say to them that you are leaving the flowers for them. I would say to you to follow norseman's openings and closings (Calling the Quarters for Grounding and Protection. After your ritual is over, never ever forget to dismiss the quarter entities.)

And do remember "Do Not Harm Non" or what will be sent out, will come back!

Good luck and I hope this helps? any other questions, then please put them down and we'll try and answer them.
Best Regards & blessings!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11309.jpg (35.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 25-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Lanzalady

[quote=norseman]Lanzalady - just caught on to where your name comes from

OK, Tools. I don't really use any. I have a walking staff which I have adapted as a camera monopod, a Swiss Army knife and that's about it. Wand - don't use them ! It's pretty much a feature of my Path [Cunning Folk] that we don't go in for tools or complex rituals [except Striding the Hedge of course]. I have always thought that anything you do decide to use should be made by you from natural materials [more Earth energy]
Athame, cauldron, robes - no ! [although I do have a wolf's head dress ]
This is my temple. A small dale with a stream. It has a cleansing pool below the waterfall and a rock shelf as an altar.
My message is - your Will and Intent are more powerful that any amount of tools. Go with what you have and what feels right for you.
Just enjoy !

Hi Norseman,

I hope I'm not getting on your nerves with all these questions, but what do you put on your altar in that beautiful dale?

And, do you class yourself as a Pagan? The more I get into this the more confused I get. I had never heard of 'cunning folk' before your post. Is that the same as a white witch?

Thank you and I hope I'm not being too much of a pain.

Blessings!
LL
Old 25-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Lanzalady

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentimes
yes, you do not have to use tools, but I feel that tools can give you little spiritual feelings and helps me feel energy more. I use wands at times, but you can use your finger and I do not use a robes always, but you can just have something to wear for your craft work. You also do not need a big alter, a small table will do or any shelf will do. I have shelf above my fire place and I use as well a small table.

If you are like me and you would like to use some tools, then yes a BBQ would make a Beltane fire. A athame I use a black handle letter opener or you can use a black handle kitchen knife that you do not use in the kitchen or a black handle penknife-anything like that that can be used, as long it has a black handle and pointed to being semi-sharp. If you do not have coloured candles, then use clear white and you can then use your athame to write on each one earth, fire, water, air and have them set at the 4 points on your alter. For the god(s) and goddess(es) you can find a white or gray stone-for the female and a dark brown or black- for male, or what you can do is find 2 good size pebbles and some paint, simply paint a god or the sun and goddess or the 4 moons-(the 4th sits on top of the full moon). If you can get to the flower shop, then I would go and get some flowers to put on your alter- 1) it can be an offering, 2) it's makes your alter lovely and 3) you could buy the right colour for each Festival (it doesn't matter what the flowers are, but the coloures "I think" does).

If your not happy working with your gods at any time, then you can just work with the spirits of earth, fire, water, air as long as you thank them and it's good if you leave an offering, but you could say to them that you are leaving the flowers for them. I would say to you to follow norseman's openings and closings (Calling the Quarters for Grounding and Protection. After your ritual is over, never ever forget to dismiss the quarter entities.)

Good luck and I hope this helps? any other questions, then please put them down and we'll try and answer them.

Thank you Goldentimes. I really like the idea of using stones to represent the God/Goddess. Can I ask, and i hope I'm not being nosey or rude, as a White Witch do you worship the God or Goddess? (And i just went back into your profile and saw that you do so please ignore that question - I'd already posted it. Sorry).

This is all so new and there are so many different paths I'm just trying to work out what goes with what - if you know what I mean? Do all White Witches believe in the God and Goddess?

Blessings!
LL
Old 25-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Master
Hi LanzaLady - dont worry about questions. Anything I can answer, then I am happy too.
What do I put on my altar ? - things like pine cones, pebbles that attract my attention, wild flowers, feathers.
CunningFolk - ready for a long read ?
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4753

The Cunning Folk were first named by the Saxons as "Cunning" but they were here much earlier - tribal Wise Men/Women. [Saxon "cunnan" = "knowing"]
In medieval times, "civilians" did use the description White Witch but they tried to distinguish between the Cunning and the Witches, white -v- black.Truth is that the Cunning Path is a Crooked Path.
Do I regard myself as pagan ? Certainly. I am a dedicated Servant of Gaia. We do have another name recently - Hedge Witch - and more and more Wiccans are turning to the Cunning Path because of it's simplicity and individuality.

This is Thornborough Henge from the air
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/df706cf9.png
Three Earth-bank rings, about 5000 years old.
Have fun !
Old 26-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Lanzalady

That must have taken you ages...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Hi LanzaLady - dont worry about questions. Anything I can answer, then I am happy too.
What do I put on my altar ? - things like pine cones, pebbles that attract my attention, wild flowers, feathers.
CunningFolk - ready for a long read ?
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4753

The Cunning Folk were first named by the Saxons as "Cunning" but they were here much earlier - tribal Wise Men/Women. [Saxon "cunnan" = "knowing"]
In medieval times, "civilians" did use the description White Witch but they tried to distinguish between the Cunning and the Witches, white -v- black.Truth is that the Cunning Path is a Crooked Path.
Do I regard myself as pagan ? Certainly. I am a dedicated Servant of Gaia. We do have another name recently - Hedge Witch - and more and more Wiccans are turning to the Cunning Path because of it's simplicity and individuality.

This is Thornborough Henge from the air
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...o/df706cf9.png
Three Earth-bank rings, about 5000 years old.
Have fun !

Hi Norseman,

Wow. That was really interesting. I found another link (within the posts of the link above) where you'd gone into much more detail and have only just finished reading that. I think I need to read it a few times to absorb it all but it was very enjoyable.

I also had a quick look at Gaia on the web. I looked on Wikipedia. And here was me thinking spanish was difficult to learn... ;-) The article is full of names I can't pronounce haha. I'll need to go through that a few times too. ;-)

There is so much for me to learn but apart from that, there's so much for me to decide upon as well, ie what path to go down as there's so much available under the band of Paganish/Wicca/Polytheism etc.

I don't exactly know what I believe but I know I believe in something.

Thank you so much for your help and the links and the pics too.

I am starting to realise there are literally hundreds of paths available to me. It's quite awe inspiring and frightening (in a good way) at the same time.

Thanks again and I hope we can talk again.

Blessings!
LL
Old 27-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Master
Anytime, LanzaLady
Oh, just a final thought. You might like to look up The Gaia Principle by Lovelock on Wiki. Locklock proposed that Gaia [= planet Earth] was a self-regulating organism which maintained conditions for life. It began as a hypothesis but now upgraded to "principle" as some of the original ideas have been found to be correct.
Old 28-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Lanzalady

Painting on the stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldentimes

Hi Goldentimes,

You mentioned painting the 4 moons with the 4th sitting on top of the full moon. I'm not sure what that looks like. Can you direct me to an image of it on the web anywhere please?

Thanks.

Blessings!
LL
Old 04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
goldentimes

4th moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzalady
Hi Goldentimes,

You mentioned painting the 4 moons with the 4th sitting on top of the full moon. I'm not sure what that looks like. Can you direct me to an image of it on the web anywhere please?

Thanks.

Blessings!
LL

I do not know how I put images within the thread as I haven't done it, but I can tell you......how it go's.
1st, think about the horn god-by painting a filled in circle and then put a quilter moon on her back on top of the circle so it is touching, so the points are facing up. Then just add your 2 quilter moons (points facing out) on each side of the full moon (which would be your filled in circle).

Do note that the 4th moon is new moon and she is dark moon so therefore she is only to be called upon at deaths (meaning when someone has pass on)
or when crafting the dark arts (meaning when wanting to do harm)
I would say to you is not to call upon her as you are a learner and even I do not call upon her. So I would do just the 3 faces of the moon on your stone anyway.

Not all witches worship the gods and the goddesses/god and the goddess but will call upon the elements-Air, Water, Fire, Earth.
If you worship a god and a goddess, then you are a pagan but if you worship more then one god and goddess, then you can class yourself a wiccan. If you do not worship any of the gods (male or/and female) then you not a pagan nor a wicca, your just a witch-who isn't religion.

Pagan worship the horn god or/and the green man and Mother Earth meanly, sometimes "more so today" worship the moon goddess.
Wicca's worship gods and goddesses. I think they have a god and goddess for every thing in nature ie trees, sea, land, lakes, plants, animals, sun and many more but I'm not 100% on this as I manly worship on the pagan's god, and goddesses and also the Elements but I do worship the sun god.
I have been studying Cottage witch which something you may like to take a look at as I think it is a good place to start for anyone that is new to the ideas.

Think of tribes when it comes to different founders within witches, wiccan etc. for sample: You may have Africa tribes and India tribes etc, but within each family tribe group you would have there own believes and call themselves different names ie Gardnerian Witchcraft, Alexandrian Wicca, Hedge or Kitchen Witches and many more (I do not know if african or India tribes would really be these but it's away I can tell you). You might like to look up on the web and see what you can find, see what you like and what feels good and right for you.

I hope this helps you on your travels and good luck on your research
Best Regards & Blessings!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pentacle.jpg (30.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Lanzalady

Thanks Goldentimes. I really appreciate that and it gives me lots to check out on the web.

Blessings!
LL