Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 13-08-2011, 05:24 PM
SerpentQueen
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
So, this discussion has been going on a while in disparate threads.

Some people have mentioned that the mere concept causes suffering because a) if you believe you're with someone who isn't your twin flame, then that relationship will be far from fulfilling for both and b) if you believe you're with your twin flame who isn't, disappointment is in the pipeline.

The concept doesn't cause this suffering - it's expectations and attachments that cause the suffering, and there's enough of that sort caused by all sorts of belief systems.

My husband is not my twin flame but our marriage is very fulfilling. When I love him, I love my twin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
So I'm curious to what people's evidence is that twin flames exist.

I can't figure out how to use the advanced search effectively, but I have written on this in the past on this forum. I wrote about how it's not a new concept and has, in fact, been around for a long, long time. Plato, Edgar Cayce, but farther back than that as well. Pretty much every origination story tells a tale about androgynous twins. Who do you think they are referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
For myself, I have been in love more than 10 times and infatuated more than that.

Me too. Ain't love grand? Eventually I arrived at a place where I love everyone. I am in love with the universe and its magical dance...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
I am currently living with someone who is at least 5x better suited to me in comparison to any of the others. Our souls and life tasks are remarkably similar and she makes my life a lot richer. But twin flame?

Sounds like my husband. Sometimes I refer to him as a "harmonious" partner. But he's not my twin flame -- there is a difference. My DH knows about my twin flame (always has), understands, and accepts it. It's not about comparing/contrasting, ranking or rating one as lesser or better. Love isn't like that. We believe love is not scarce -- it's abundant. As he says to me, "If you could switch your love for him on and off like a water faucet, you wouldn't be you." As I say to him, "loving twin is like loving myself -- if I stopped, it would mean I don't love myself." He gets it. But, he's a very high vibration soul himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
No sacred text mentions it. Did Jesus have a twin flame? Did Bodhidharma? Did Krishna? Did Mohammed? Did any of the modern accepted gurus (Gandhi/Yogananda/Dalai Lama)?

It's been postulated that Jesus' twin was Mary Magdelene. Others say Virgin Mary. Still others get more complicated than that, and all 12 disciples plus Mary were his "twins." In the bible, I can't remember which, but one or two disciples are referred to as Jesus' twin.

Can't speak to the rest. I don't know if everyone has a twin; I only know that I do, and that it's pretty cool to have found others who are traveling the same journey. It is quite possible that it's just one particular type of spiritual journey that not everyone experiences.

I stumbled upon this fairy tale this past week -- it's a long read but it really resonated with me. What I see in here is a description of all the different possible spiritual journeys. Twin flames are mentioned, but they aren't the only ones. Neither is more superior of a path than the other; all play a role:

http://wn.rsarchive.org/RelAuthors/G...reenSnake.html

... Perhaps Socrates walked the Old Man's path, Buddha walked the Gold King's path, the Lily is obviously a reference to Mary/Goddess... etc. Not really sure myself as it's the twin flame path I've been on, and that I know the best.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Thinking about it, whose twin flame was Ted Bundy and had he met her would things have been different?

Ted may not have been on the twin flame journey. Maybe he was taking the Giant's path?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
So if you think they exist, please post your evidence here.

I could literally write a book. I have been researching this extensively. It is part of the spiritual journey to seek -- it doesn't get handed to you on a plate. If you are drawn to this subject, start researching it yourself. It's all out there. Just open your eyes, you will begin to see the themes. All around. And, the more you notice, the more the universe sends to you to study.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
Also, please define the characteristics of a twin flame too and how you know they are not mere soul mates.

Please keep this thread free of judgement - I'm purely interested in the evidence.

I am going to be lazy here, and cut & paste something I wrote on a different thread...


It is difficult because there are multiple theories about what a twin flame is. Everyone seems to have a different opinion and definition. And even those couples who are twin flames have been evolving their definitions over time, as they dig deeper and get to know the truth of their own connection. It can get very confusing.

Some say twin flame is your very own self. Some say your twin flame is not incarnated here at all and is in spirit instead. Some say you have incarnated together in lifetime after lifetime, whereas some say you incarnate with soul mates and have no contact with your twin until your last incarnation, when you are nearly whole (have balanced your masculine and feminine energies), and the purpose is to ascend. Still others say that twins are graduate souls who already ascended, but chose to come back for a mission, to help others ascend. And then you get into the tricky part - what, exactly, do they mean by "mission" - and there are numerous theories about that too.

It's also quite possible twin flames are nothing more than a beautiful metaphor, to describe creation and this universe. Starting from 0, splitting into 0 and 1, so the universe could experience itself.

And on and on it goes... makes your head spin.


I will tell you what I think - but please know this is my opinion only, based on my own personal experience. Take what resonates and ignore the rest - because it's best if you learn through experience, not what web sites and other people say:

One big difference between soul mate and twin flame is that you can have more than one soul mate, and that is very common. A soul mate doesn't have to be a romantic partner - your friends and family can be soul mates. But you have only one twin flame.

I like to say that a soul mate is in your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. For a reason or a season - these may be what people like to call "karmic" soul mates. These relationships can be incredibly intense, because you are drawn together to learn difficult lessons that help you grow.

A "lifetime" soul mate may be what some call a "harmonious" soul mate. It's a very easy, peaceful relationship with none of the karmic issues. This is the marriage I am in now. My husband is my earthly partner who keeps me grounded and keeps things running in the "real" world so I can focus on spiritual matters. Personally, I believe that if you are married and your twin is scheduled to reunite with you, your marriage would be of a caliber where your spouse would be open minded about the relationship.

Whereas a twin flame is with you for an eternity - you are never separated; that is an illusion only. This is what the bible meant when it said what god has joined together, let no man put asunder. They weren't talking about earthly marriages. Humans can get divorced all they want, but you can't divorce your twin.

I don't believe the twin is the "other half" of your soul, but I can understand how that phrasing came about. My experience suggests to me that twins share a higher Self - which is why they can communicate telepathically and astral travel and why, even with no contact at all, they seem to be leading parallel lives, making similar decisions at same time. This is where I like to throw in a dash of quantum physics for good measure - the idea of entanglement. Look it up if this intrigues you.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 14-08-2011, 04:18 AM
Iamlight
Posts: n/a
 
I beleive the Bible kinda tells the story of it:
That in the Beginning God created Man and God Took the Rib from the Man and Created Woman
that sounds to me that from one we became two or our soul was split.

Love
IamLight
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 14-08-2011, 05:28 AM
Tiss Tiss is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 756
  Tiss's Avatar
I think that there are two possible approaches to the Twin Flames issue. To see it as a consequence or as a goal to fulfil.

I explain, if you go into a relationship and then you progressively discover commonalities, points of extreme tuning with a free and mutual flow of energy (for example at the heart chakra level). You feel a deep joy of being together, an incredible and unconditional love despite of any circumstance, in health and illness, in life and death. You feel intensely loved and cared, protected, safe, then you can reach the conclusion that you are going through a TF experience. Your your TF experience in this earth is a blessing that you receive in a particular step of your spiritual development, that's fine and it makes you live your earthly life with an incredible joy.

But, if you formulate your life with the search of your TF as your main goal, almost as an obsessive goal to fulfil, and you impose yourself to walk such path, seeking and seeking with desperation, then you will likely get as a result pain and frustration. You may even be unable to live a lot of joyful things and to achieve advances in your self-development because you are obsessed with finding your TF, and such obsession makes you misunderstand signs, make poor decisions, and reject the best fruits that your life can give you... all this brings you more pain...

So, as it is unknown if we will find our TF in our present life, which is a second in the cosmic history of our spirits (we can find our TF in the next life, and all has a reason and purpose) well, my suggestion is to seriously consider the first approach. I mean, first to live a joyful life by walking on our self-development path and then, to open ourselves and to enjoy the experience of TF if we are blessed with finding them here and now. No obsession, no expectation with the TF issue, just to live the best we can, building a loving environment around us, with the highest loving intention toward other beings.

My personal experience was positive, as I found my TF. I knew nothing about TFs, and I did not look for what I lived, it just happened. I lived with him for 30 years, in harmony, discovering new amazing signs of unconditional love every day.

Love and light,
TISS
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 14-08-2011, 08:28 AM
thehermit
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlight
I HOPE SO

Otherwise I Dont Exist and wouldnt be writing this :)

Love
IamLight
hahahaha
cute sense of humor, made me laugh!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 14-08-2011, 11:03 AM
mattie
Posts: n/a
 
TF's Often Overly Romanticized

There is currently a huge inclination to consider all potential relationships to be a TF & to overly romanticize the TF. This increases a certain unhealthy emphasis on turning boyfriends or girlfriends into not only THE ONE (permanent partner), but in trying to place a metaphysical emphasis on them that may not be applicable. For all of those who are overly focused on partnering on Earth w/ their TF, please read the following bolded sentence.

Suzan Carroll's multidimensions.com describes TF as a fifth dimensional portion of our energy field. Carroll also calls TF our “Divine Complement”.

“Our Divine Complement, or Twin Flame, is the portion of our androgynous self that stays in the fifth dimension to serve as inspiration and guidance to its lower dimensional bodies. Since our Divine Complement has our exact same essence, it is our easiest portal into the fifth dimension. Even though our manifest body is one sex, we are constantly linked to our opposite polarity who is unmanifest in our fifth dimensional androgynous body. It is this link that urges us to seek the unity of true love.”

http://www.multidimensions.com/Super...er_divine.html

In a recent blog Suzan Carroll provides more information about TFs & soul mates from the Arcturians. A soul mate is described as “... one with whom you have shared many physical incarnations.”

She states about TFs manifesting here, “That other component of your soul has likely, also, chosen to manifest as form. You all have an opportunity to have a Twin Flame marriage where you come together and marry your Twin Flame. This is not an easy marriage for that other person is here to teach you, and you must consistently confront yourself at all times within that marriage.”

More on TFs in ‘Arcturian Lessons Chapter 3 Final’:
http://suzanneliephd.blogspot.com/

“Jefferson: Is there such a thing as a soul mate or twin flame?

Arcturians: Yes! When a being who resonates to the ONE, chooses to take a third or fourth dimensional form, they will bound by a gender. Therefore, only a component of their total essence is able to enter into that third or forth dimensional reality. The completion of their androgynous, multidimensional self—their Divine Complement—splits off from the individualized third dimensional human. That completion is what has been called a Twin Flame or a Divine Complement. Whenever one raises their resonance, beyond the frequency of polarity, they regain full unity their Twin Flame.

Jefferson: Hmm. Would it be right to say that there is a complement of my soul somewhere that is my Twin Flame?

Arcturians: Yes! That other component of your soul has likely, also, chosen to manifest as form. You all have an opportunity to have a Twin Flame marriage where you come together and marry your Twin Flame. This is not an easy marriage for that other person is here to teach you, and you must consistently confront yourself at all times within that marriage. When you enter the third dimension, however, you do not leave the higher worlds. It is more like you make a “copy” of your essence and paste that file into the third dimension. The original copy remains in its original place. Then, the copy that has been pasted can be greatly altered from the experiences from the lower worlds. At the time of your ascension into the fifth dimension, you share all your experiences with that original file to enhance and expand it. Do you understand that?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 14-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Docha
Posts: n/a
 
Not fond of suzan carrol. Thats all I will say...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 14-08-2011, 04:26 PM
twinwonder7
Posts: n/a
 
@Tiss,. there is also another category. Those of us who find this insanely deep and cosmic connection, but have no idea what a TF is. I never even had a clue about such an intense possibility for connecting with someone, and I do tend to make pretty deep connections. I found out what TF was because of the intensity. I did some research and found that these stories matched. Id didn't think too hard about it until the separation. Then, I found this board. To me it doesn't matter what you call it. It just IS what it IS. It's definitely life-changing, real, and some kind of soul connection. It can only transform us, if we let it. As some have said, the labels don't really matter. It's nice to have words to describe, but beyond that we are all having massive spiritual experiences.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Aquarian
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
The concept doesn't cause this suffering - it's expectations and attachments that cause the suffering, and there's enough of that sort caused by all sorts of belief systems.
Splitting hairs there. ;)

Quote:
I wrote about how it's not a new concept and has, in fact, been around for a long, long time. Plato, Edgar Cayce, but farther back than that as well.
I have time for Cayce and would probably have lost several teeth if it wasn't for his remedy. But no-one claims him to be a master.

Quote:
Pretty much every origination story tells a tale about androgynous twins. Who do you think they are referring to?
Only familiar enough with the Old Testament, which is highly distorted. The forbidden fruit is either about lust or, more generally, addiction to sensory pleasure.

The whole Garden of Eden thing is a conflated metaphor for both origination of the human race and how we individually got here (chilling in heaven, "I fancy some of that" <whoosh>... growing awareness of new mother's heartbeat).

Who knows what the rest of it is about... Souls have no gender.

Why did Jesus say nothing about Twin Flames? Nor Mohammed, Bodhidharma, Krishna, Yogananada etc.

Quote:
My DH knows about my twin flame (always has), understands, and accepts it.
You're a lucky woman. :)

Quote:
It's been postulated that Jesus' twin was Mary Magdelene. Others say Virgin Mary. Still others get more complicated than that, and all 12 disciples plus Mary were his "twins." In the bible, I can't remember which, but one or two disciples are referred to as Jesus' twin.
This would be easy enough to check, if you can find the passages.

Quote:
I could literally write a book. I have been researching this extensively. It is part of the spiritual journey to seek -- it doesn't get handed to you on a plate.
This is the point of the thread though. And absolutely nothing has been presented as evidence apart from a few people who believe they've met their twin flames.

It is not up to me to tell people what to believe. I really like Tiss' post but she could be talking about soul mates - which I do believe in.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Twinflamefound
Posts: n/a
 
Wow, you're not my sister, are you? ;) lol
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
sesheta
Posts: n/a
 
Do Twin Flames exist? I would have never believed so until I found mine. There is no tangible, provable evidence, but love itself cannot be "proven" to exist. As for the religious bent...for that matter, "God" cannot be proven to exist, either, but that doesn't stop people from believing in God.
You can't expect to have laboratory-tested proof of such a deep, emotional concept...you just feel it in your heart and soul.
Why do I believe the man I am with now is my twin flame? Here is a list of things that convinced me:
- I instantly felt comfortable and at ease with him from the first day we met.
- I have always had issues with physical contact - but his touch is the exception to that rule.
- Even when he says/does things I disagree with, I still accept and love him.
- We can pick up on and know each other's moods without even speaking or looking at each other.
- Every feeling I have with him is stronger/deeper than it has been with anyone else I have been in relationships with - that includes the love, the pain, the frustration, the joy...everything is just "more".
- I am closer to him emotionally than I have ever been to anyone - he slipped past all my defenses without my even noticing! And while it is scary to realize that...the love overcomes the fear.

So - that is all the "proof" I can offer - take it for what you will :)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums