Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 06-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Dating & Knowing If Attracting Right Person?

How does one know if they are attracting the right person for themself with LOA? Is there some way to know?

Abraham Hicks says with dating it should always be "I like you pretty good, let's see how it goes." But then I noticed in another segment she said when you meet the right person you will just know, you both will know and so many things will seem to make sense and be in alignment.

She also had mentioned in a segment to a man that you both could have met already but what if one of you was having a bad day and not in alignment that day, so you missed each other, but then you meet again when you both are in alignment.....she basically was saying it could end up being a person who you already encountered in your life but one or both of you weren't ready to receive the other one yet.

I'm confused as to whether to give this man a chance that has shown up into my life a second time. I have doubts because only a few months ago when we briefly dated, he did something sexual towards me on one of the dates that upset me and made me feel disrespected, so I told him we weren't right for each other. He also had two other attributes about his life that I did not like so I felt we weren't a match. I attracted him at that time when I was dating another man who I was pretty annoyed with most of the time and complaining about so I figured I attracted him also out of some negative vibrations.

After I halted dating for a month, I cleaned up my vibration and in the last month I was feeling the strong feelings of love and seeing so many love signs everywhere which told me I was attracting love to myself and the week that this man contacted me was my strongest most high flying disk time. I decided to give it a try and ended up having a great date with him and liking him a lot. But he hasn't asked me out on a date since then and texts me here and there, I cannot tell how strongly he feels about me and cannot read him at all. I don't know whether I should see him again now. I have doubts and fears that started creeping into my vibration since we had our date. :( I'm doing my best to just work through it and stay in a place of love like before.

How do I know if I attracted the right partner?? How do I know what signals I was sending the universe to make him show up this second time?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Guide

Im getting the very distinct impression from your post that you do not like this man and your intuition is telling you to stay away from him, always pay attention to your gut feeling about a situation or person.

Why waste your time with the wrong person especially someone you don't particularly like. You said you have the feeling that you are going to find love the more time you spending with this man the less likely you are to meet someone you have a real connection to.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Im getting the very distinct impression from your post that you do not like this man and your intuition is telling you to stay away from him, always pay attention to your gut feeling about a situation or person.

Why waste your time with the wrong person especially someone you don't particularly like. You said you have the feeling that you are going to find love the more time you spending with this man the less likely you are to meet someone you have a real connection to.

I'm honestly not sure. I actually do like him especially the more I get to know him. I think he has a wall up and I wonder if he has inner insecurities, but I don't know if I'm right. I don't think he may be as aligned as I am, I'm not sure. He seems more aligned now than the first time around when we met though.

How can I know if we match?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Guide

You have just came out of a relationship with someone else and I would guess are maybe a little vunerable?

Im guessing your gut was right. I could clearly be wrong, its your life and your choice.

My advice would be to let the desires for love go right now and concentrate on another aspect of your life, is this man continues to contact you and your feelings for him grow then take it further.

The feeling I get from your message is 'be careful what you wish for'.

I wish you well for the future.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Deactivated Account

I find with LOA you get given options. So it's up to you who you choose. There is no right answer here. This is basically what happened to me. List what you value in a partner, if neither of them meet the requirements, keep waiting until you meet someone who does.

Don't lower your expectations with a 'make do' attitude. Make sure it's right. If you don't feel it's right or are not sure then it's likely not.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:58 AM
Lorelyen

Simple answer is - you don't until you go through ordinary courtship and get to know someone.

The film "Bedazzled" (Peter Cooke/Dudley Moore) shows just how very carefully you need to specify to win the right person. Things can go pretty wrong!

Besides, people change as the days pass. They assimilate their everyday experiences differently. They may grow toward each other or the opposite. Maybe on rare cases they stay still.

So it really is best, ok, to be visual but have no expectations about personality or habits of your "target". If you meet someone who seems to fit then see if you get on with them. I generally agree with Estelwen - you will have expectations and it's no use trying to suppress yours to fit someone else's behaviour but you have to meet them first and see how you get on. If it turns out you can't compromise sensibly then move on.
Abraham Hicks is probably also right - the vagaries of people throw things so much to chance. However, I'd sooner encounter a prospect for the first time having a bad day because you do get sight of how they handle themselves in adverse times!

Have you thought of just meeting people/dates in situations where you can initially become friends? I think if you can really be friends with someone you have the makings of a long-term relationship.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:54 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbeats
I'm confused as to whether to give this man a chance that has shown up into my life a second time. I have doubts because only a few months ago when we briefly dated, he did something sexual towards me on one of the dates that upset me and made me feel disrespected, so I told him we weren't right for each other. He also had two other attributes about his life that I did not like so I felt we weren't a match.

Not respecting your sexual boundaries--or assuming that you even have them in the first place--is a huge red flag, IMO. That would have ended it for me. That's not just a "having a bad day" thing.

Are the other objectionable attributes still in effect? If so, why are they acceptable now?

Quote:
I decided to give it a try and ended up having a great date with him and liking him a lot. But he hasn't asked me out on a date since then and texts me here and there, I cannot tell how strongly he feels about me and cannot read him at all.

Here's one thing I've learned from experience: If a man is genuinely interested in you, you won't have to sit around trying to figure it out. He'll act interested. Men don't do the same covert, hint-dropping, indirect stuff women tend to do; even the shy or quiet ones will make it clear that they want to be with you.

And when I hear women say, "I can't read him at all," it's because they don't like what they're already reading, and want it to mean something else, so they ascribe complicated, mysterious motives to a man who is clearly communicating lack of interest.

This guy's keeping you on the hook (with the occasional texts) but he's not interested in you. If he was, he would have been making next-date plans by the time the first date ended, and you'd be hearing from him consistently. I've seen this a lot--some men will keep a woman they don't really care about, but who they know is interested in them, on standby--just in case they end up dateless, or think they can get a booty call out of her. And since you agreed to go out with him again even after he previously disrespected your sexual boundaries, he'll probably make an attempt at the latter. So when you get that call, where he's so friendly all of a sudden, and missed you, and wants to see you? Uh huh. Right.

Quote:
I don't know whether I should see him again now. I have doubts and fears that started creeping into my vibration since we had our date.

You do know that this isn't the only guy out there, right? So why get so hung up on him, especially when he's giving no indications of real interest in you?

Throw him back! There's somebody far better out there, who is looking for you, who will love you and want to be with you. That's the guy you want, even if you don't know who he is, yet. This current guy is showing you what you don't want--disrespect and indifference--so you can strengthen your commitment to getting what you do.

The "place of love" you need to stay in is for yourself, and your dreams, and your vision of the relationship you want--not for this guy. You can't change his indifference; the only thing you can change is your reaction to it.

So rather than get stuck in overanalyzing his behavior and intentions, or trying to read deeper meaning into things than is actually there, the best course of action is to say, "I know what I want, and this isn't it. So I'm going to let go of this in order to be fully open to what I do want and allow it to come into my life." Because Mr. Right could be standing right in front of you, but if you're still preoccupied with figuring out why Mr. Wrong isn't giving you what you want, you won't even see him.

You get what you focus on. If you want a loving partner, quit focusing on the guy who shows no interest in being that.

Quote:
How do I know if I attracted the right partner??

You like him; he likes you back. And you have no question as to whether he likes you back because he acts like it. Talk is cheap--does he follow through with behavior? That's the "sign" you're looking for.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbeats

I'm confused as to whether to give this man a chance that has shown up into my life a second time. I have doubts because only a few months ago when we briefly dated, he did something sexual towards me on one of the dates that upset me and made me feel disrespected, so I told him we weren't right for each other. He also had two other attributes about his life that I did not like so I felt we weren't a match. I attracted him at that time when I was dating another man who I was pretty annoyed with most of the time and complaining about so I figured I attracted him also out of some negative vibrations.

After I halted dating for a month, I cleaned up my vibration and in the last month I was feeling the strong feelings of love and seeing so many love signs everywhere which told me I was attracting love to myself and the week that this man contacted me was my strongest most high flying disk time. I decided to give it a try and ended up having a great date with him and liking him a lot. But he hasn't asked me out on a date since then and texts me here and there, I cannot tell how strongly he feels about me and cannot read him at all. I don't know whether I should see him again now. I have doubts and fears that started creeping into my vibration since we had our date. :( I'm doing my best to just work through it and stay in a place of love like before.

How do I know if I attracted the right partner?? How do I know what signals I was sending the universe to make him show up this second time?

You can only find out by dating him some more. And learn to handle sexual rebuff without driving him away. If he is a sensual/sexual person and you go cold on him again and again he'll inevitably go elsewhere. His assumption could be anything from you're just not interested in him or in sex, or have a moral / social stance that doesn't match his.

To me it hasn't much to do with respect or disrespect. It's still convention that the man initiates the thing. It could be the exact opposite - him showing you respect by showing his interest in your physical allure. I'd probably be quite flattered and with a smile say (or rather purr in a soft-ish voice) "No...."

If you like him (which is different from loving him) or, ok, if you think you love him but want to wait some time before letting him into your body wait until a suitable moment occurs (like, he's going to make a move as things get warmed up) and be entirely honest, without fear, and explain your point of view. If he's worth dating he'll understand. If he doesn't he probably isn't for you anyway. It's a question of being honest with yourself and him and that may be difficult if you're besotted with him. I suppose the skill is to defer him with an "I'm not quite ready yet!" to keep him on your string which to me is quite ok in the courtship stages. Get to know him before you surrender. You may decide on other factors that he isn't for you.

I haven't a clue about vibrations but if that means willing yourself to be attractive, fine, then let things flow. Having rebuffed him he's probably a bit reticent about talking about his feelings. How reticent are you about your feelings in your communications with him?

Old 10-01-2017, 07:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you everyone, I read all the posts and I'm going to keep imaging my great relationship and see what comes my way!!!
Old 10-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Master
Loved your answer, Wandering Star.