Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 08-09-2016, 10:04 PM
Suspended

So rape is justified because of the vibrational field of the woman?
Old 08-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Master

If you are looking for justification there are many places it can be placed. All of them though are irrelevant to your question of validity. LOA is not about justice but about the state of your vibrational field. Might be what some call your aura now that I think about it

So are you looking for justice or validity?
Old 09-09-2016, 03:00 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar

The way you look at it, seems like you are assuming LOA is responsible for every little thing that happens in your life, good and bad.

The way I look at it, I have to write it down, and focus on manifesting it using my 'vibrations', or the way I do it is to imagine how I would feel if it already came true. Then I don't pay too much attention to it, and some time later it seems to pop up.

But I don't know, that's just the way I do it, if I don't write it down and set the intention of manifesting it, then it probably won't happen.

A woman getting raped is just bad luck, or just an unpleasant event, not exactly brought upon by her own intentional manifestations.
Old 24-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Seeker
well that's a very important point you make... it's the first thing that comes up if you try to debunk LoA... you'll find many interpretations around the internet. In my view, everything is subjective... reality behaves like loa doesn't work for others but it does for you, because you are the observer. if you saw how it works for others, then you would know it for a fact and everything would be too easy.. you have to find out on your own. that's my view
Old 24-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Master
The law of attraction is a true one, and the universe really works that way.This law has another name i prefer which is The law of affinity. Likes attracts likes. I agree sometimes the LoA is sometimes distorted by some authors who want to make money with it but it is nevertheless a valid concept.

Don't forget there are many others cosmics law like the law of free will, the law of love...
In a way we can say that physical events exist first in consciouness as thoughts, beliefs and emotions before being physically manifested, it's well explained in the Seth material.

The question about why some very bad things happens to some people, do they attract it ?
I don't know but don't forget there are such things like karma, pre-incanative agreements,
subconscious toughts, the will of the Higher Self isn't always the same as the one of the conscious
mind of one person.

The Law of Affinity - according to which humans direct their destiny

"The law of affinity teaches us that since vibrations seek out other similar vibrations with which to merge, all creatures by means of their vibrations and their specific wavelength form relationships with other beings, other entities and forces in the cosmos of the same wavelength and vibration.

Thus humans enter into affinity through their thoughts, feelings and actions with realms and beings that vibrate on the same wavelength as themselves, and sooner or later through the force of attraction they are bound to meet.
Whether you are aware of it or not, you are attracted to and absorbed by the region with which you resonate. You yourself determine this according to the ideal you choose. If your ideal is the beauty and light of the subtle world above, your destiny is instantly determined. But obviously, to feel the consequences of this on the physical plane, you must work and work…"

///////////////

"You will never achieve great transformations in your psychic life until you have understood the magical secret of the law of affinity. Each feeling you experience has a particular nature and, by virtue of the law of affinity, it will stimulate forces in space of the same nature, which will make their way to you. If your feeling is negative, you will attract negative influences; if it is positive, you will attract blessings. You can thus draw everything you desire from the great reservoirs of the universe, but only if you emanate feelings and project thoughts that are of the same nature as those you wish to attract. These thoughts and feelings determine absolutely the quality of the elements and forces which will be awakened somewhere far off in space, and sooner or later they will arrive at your door. The law of affinity is the greatest key to spiritual achievement."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov http://www.prosveta-usa.com/inner-th...aw-of-affinity
Old 11-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Pathfinder
If the LOA exists, it still can't interfere with the free will of others. Nobody wants to get killed or hurt, but others want to hurt them. LOA might help some of them, but there will always be victims.

Btw, despite all the awful things that happened to Jews throughout history, they're still quite a successful folk/nation. The collective desire of others got them decimated, but their own collective positive vibration saved most of them, saved their culture and helped them achieve a lot more than other groups with a less traumatic history.

A woman who gets raped can overcome the experience and still live a happy life.

LOA doesn't have to mean nothing bad ever happens. It's not a magical fix to all problems without any cost or effort. It can mean:

-you will attract better things if you're positive than if you're negative; there is still an element of chance though, but the odds are in your favor; some people are luckier than other, despite the fact that it might not seem fair at times.
-the world is what you perceive it to be. Is something bad happening to you right now? No? Then let it go and stop thinking about it (if it's happening to others and you can help, do it!, but simply thinking negative thoughts isn't doing anybody any good). Yes? It can still get better. It will. Did something bad happen in the past? It's over, let it go. Can something bad happen in the future? If you can prevent it, do it. But don't dwell too much on it, otherwise you might attract it. If not, stop thinking about it.

This idea isn't new and either. Popular tradition in my country also says that you must be careful what you say, because it might come true. There's even a word for it. You must never joke about the possibility of something bad happening, you must never lie or pretend that you're sick (or you will get sick), you mustn't wish harm on others etc.
Old 24-11-2016, 09:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:

All the mishaps, including rape, is an externalization of our internal landscape/vibration/beliefs.

I have unfortunate/unfavorable things happened to me. For a long time, I felt victimized. Then slowly I tried to identify the bad seeds inside me that germinated into the undesirable thing.

For example, I have always had trouble with taxi drivers, even in my own country; the Pakistani driver would start out friendly with me, and then in the end, overcharged me and threw coins at me as I got off the car. Now I think back to what was happening in my conscious mind, I did, very subtly, think that he would rip me off, which he eventually did. When I am in foreign countries, it is worse. But when I think back to each time that I was being mistreated, I do recall the thought running through my conscious mind, saying that, oh this taxi driver is going to overcharge me, which eventually he did. It happened every single time! No fail! One time I prayed that I could get an honest taxi driver, and I did. Throughout the journey, I kept praying that he would not charge me more than he promised, and eventually he charged me what he initially quoted.

Anyway, my point is, we do create our own reality. But I have a feeling that LOA is not very well understood, and it is this misunderstanding of how the universe works that we dismiss the fact that we create our reality.
Old 27-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Shooting Star, I remember years ago, just after the Secret movie came out, I posted to a forum asking (very non-aggressively) how the Earth could possibly sustain every person having their material desires met. There just aren't enough resources. Maybe we need to learn to be content with less instead of focussing on manifesting more. Boy did they go for me! I was viciously attacked for questioning their firmly held beliefs that every man, woman and child on the planet can have a castle with champagne on tap and a Hummer, if that's what they wish.

I crept away after that, I didn't dare mention that I had read the Diary of Anne Frank and she seemed quite positive considering her circumstances and not at all vibrating at the frequency of being dragged away to a death camp. (Spoiler alert).

I do believe that having a positive mindset is more helpful than having a negative one and visualisation, if done correctly, has been shown to be effective in helping people achieve their goals. But if the Law of Attraction works at all, I think it probably only works in neutral surroundings, ie not in the middle of a war zone or some terrible famine. I have manifested car parks, jobs, a new bathroom etc. Lovely for me I suppose, but you can't help but wonder then why can't people in Africa manifest clean water or food?

I ponder this question regularly. LOA does seem to work in some circumstances, but there is such staggering injustice and tragedy throughout the world it really does make you wonder. I also wonder about animals, my beautiful dog probably doesn't have anything approximating thoughts, so she can't be thinking negatively, but she seems to have effectively attracted painful arthritis.

This is a bit nasty, but I would kind of like to drop Rhonda Byrne (or any number of other smug 'co-creators') in the middle of Aleppo with nothing but a 'vision board' and see how long it takes her to manifest her dreams. It's just insulting to the millions of refugees living in hellish conditions to suggest they attracted their fates and if they could think their way out of it. But hey, at least living for 20 years in a refugee camp gives you a good opportunity to experience 'contrast'.
Old 27-11-2016, 02:58 PM
Lorelyen

^^^It was a certain recent author and leading light (LOL) in the new age movement who popularised ideas Blavatsky espoused. She seems to have provided a fair bit of source material for the New Age movement! Unfortunately in spite of their work adding much of value to the occult they're now reckoned to be questionable - that recent author preaching stuff he simply doesn't believe in himself.

This Law isn't a law in any sense of the word - from laws in physics like Ohm's Law a set of conditions or criteria lead to a predictable result. This thing doesn't except in very limited ways in which case, fine.
It's a dilution of magick (in which Blavatsky and her theosophists also dabbled. I suppose an author peddling his wares (borrowed or not) reckon they carry more authority if she/he calls them a law.

When the starting conditions are impossible to meet it cannot work and long term affirmations, planning and visualisation are the way.

As you say:
Quote:
I do believe that having a positive mindset is more helpful than having a negative one and visualisation, if done correctly, has been shown to be effective in helping people achieve their goals.
and
Quote:
This is a bit nasty, but I would kind of like to drop Rhonda Byrne (or any number of other smug 'co-creators') in the middle of Aleppo with nothing but a 'vision board' and see how long it takes her to manifest her dreams. It's just insulting to the millions of refugees living in hellish conditions to suggest they attracted their fates and if they could think their way out of it. But hey, at least living for 20 years in a refugee camp gives you a good opportunity to experience 'contrast'.
All too easy when you live in a safe environment making money from the vulnerable.

Old 27-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Were the 200,000 tsunami victims all wishing to drown?

Were the 6 million holocaust victims all hoping to be shot/gassed?
Well....negative thoughts are enough. Just think about how often we tend to think positive instead of negative things.

-

E. A. Poe​