Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 21-09-2012, 06:38 PM
CJ82Sky

does everyone have one? what if i'm content alone?

so i've been reading these threads a lot, and i've felt a lot of what people in here have posted about. specifically with two people in my life. both i've been connected to for many, many lives. one didn't work because i finally dealt with so many of my issues, and he was still living in the past - and past lives - of fear. i accepted that this wasn't the life for us (we've been doing this for LIVES..... and haven't gotten it entirely together yet lol) and moved on.

the other is someone that didn't work out more for timing reasons. our timing was always off, or wrong, or i wasn't ready, or he wasn't ready, or one or the both of us was afraid, resistant, in denial, etc. things have changed and there's the opportunity for us to see each other again for the first time in a decade, but truth is we live states apart, and we've both changed. course no one can answer what happens next til we see well, just that lol.

anyway - that said - i'm not torn up about either situation. i'm looking forward (potentially) to seeing the person mentioned above again, but not heartsick or exuberant over it. i suppose part of me is nervous, but that's natural. but more than that - i'm just very honestly content in myself and in remaining single. i've spent more lives than i can remember that way, and i'm both comfortable and happy with it. is it possible that these souls that i've been connected with (which i believe are all part of my soul family) are just that - connections - and that i don't have a tf?

if so, that's fine with me, bc i understand why the first situation didn't work out this life, and i know eventually we'll figure things out one way or another. just wondering, as i've known so many lives alone (single - not lonely) that i just wonder if some of us are more cut out for that or what? would love to hear others' opinions and stories!
Old 21-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Anna

Angel1

Hi. This is just my own opinion but I believe that everyone has a Twin Flame, only you very rarely meet them in the same lifetime, so the two people you refer to could just be, as you say, members of your soul group. I believe that the closer you get to your final incarnation, the more likely you are to share a lifetime with your Twin Flame because the idea is to join with them and perform some great service for all of mankind before you ascend together. Others I expect will have different beliefs, but as long as you are happy as you are, that's the main thing.

LOL
Anna
x
Old 21-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Master
CJ, that could be me (wait-it was ). I guess I just got tired of waiting around for Her to show up (and, yes, tired of encountering Runners and such who weren't ready) and just decided to re-engage and re-energize my path after several years of stasis. Perhaps I've already integrated Her within me (as in Jung's Anima), and thus don't need the "external" Flame at all.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 21-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Iseke

Well, in my opinion, everyone having a twin flame and everyone having a twin flame incarnate with them in this particular life are two different questions. Also, twin souls are not the only source of relationships and companionship, so just because you don't have your twin with you in this life, why does that mean you are doomed to spend your life alone? What's wrong with "just a connection"?

Conversely, most of us agree that twin souls are far more than romance and relationships, so if you feel happy living a solitary life, I don't think someone's going to jump out of the bushes and arm wrestle you into a romantic relationship just because it's your twin, lol. A lot of people remain single and are perfectly happy (I've had a number of lives that way myself). Having a twin soul doesn't change that.

Anyway, there's some manner of debate over this, but what I've always felt most strongly is that your twin is always connected to you but not always incarnate with you, so it is very possible you may be in this life with no plans to meet that person. But either way, it probably shouldn't matter unless you actually do meet them. Until then, your "just connections" are interesting enough, right? They haven't been downgraded into meaninglessness just because they aren't The One™. :)
Old 22-09-2012, 03:36 AM
CJ82Sky

very interesting points and lovely to hear - thank you all for your opinions! i love reading more on this and always wondered am i that broken that i've spent so many lives alone? but if so, why don't i FEEL broken?

then i oscillate to the other end wondering, when do i get to share my life with someone who actually understands me? and so i always seem to default to the security of alone rather than the mediocrity i've known in relationships. glad to hear so many different opinions - every single one makes sense to me!
Old 22-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Anna

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iseke
Well, in my opinion, everyone having a twin flame and everyone having a twin flame incarnate with them in this particular life are two different questions. Also, twin souls are not the only source of relationships and companionship, so just because you don't have your twin with you in this life, why does that mean you are doomed to spend your life alone? What's wrong with "just a connection"?

Conversely, most of us agree that twin souls are far more than romance and relationships, so if you feel happy living a solitary life, I don't think someone's going to jump out of the bushes and arm wrestle you into a romantic relationship just because it's your twin, lol. A lot of people remain single and are perfectly happy (I've had a number of lives that way myself). Having a twin soul doesn't change that.

Anyway, there's some manner of debate over this, but what I've always felt most strongly is that your twin is always connected to you but not always incarnate with you, so it is very possible you may be in this life with no plans to meet that person. But either way, it probably shouldn't matter unless you actually do meet them. Until then, your "just connections" are interesting enough, right? They haven't been downgraded into meaninglessness just because they aren't The One™. :)

Totally agree with this. Other connections are just as valid as they all teach us something about ourselves, as does being alone.

LOL
Anna
x
Old 22-09-2012, 07:40 AM
Master
The so called twin flame is only for those who believe that they are separate, for myself I didn't need a twine, I my SELF was that twin, this i experience through my Awakening, and ever since, I am so happy with myself or with someone else, it just doesn't matter anymore.
Old 23-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Master
i would hope so that we each would have a soulmate and twinflame do,nt worry you will find someone for you.
Old 23-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Nada

You do NOT need to be physically together with some of those strong soul connections just because you share many past lives with them.

In fact, it is often best to be with other soul connections and/or make new soul connections in your current physical life.

Why?
Those strong soul connections that share many past lives usually share emotional baggage and karma from those past lives also.

It is best to bless those connections and acknowledge the unconditional love. Nevertheless, it often is good to just keep them in the soul plane and to visit them there.

Most important to remember and to live by... is that you should love yourself first and only choose the life path that brings a balance between your mind, body, and spirit. You are already loved deeply in a perfect love by your soul.
You do NOT need others to feel loved.

Last edited by Nada : 23-09-2012 at 08:34 PM.