Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-12-2010, 12:48 PM
EternallyHurt

Spiritual Limbo ...?

Hello my friends. I have heard of spiritual limbo and I think I understand what it means as in the basics of it, but can somebody please explain to me exactly what a spirit does and goes through while in limbo? Can somebody please explain to me the nature of it all? Any answers are very well appreciated!
Old 18-12-2010, 06:18 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyHurt
Hello my friends. I have heard of spiritual limbo and I think I understand what it means as in the basics of it, but can somebody please explain to me exactly what a spirit does and goes through while in limbo? Can somebody please explain to me the nature of it all? Any answers are very well appreciated!

You may be thinking of the Roman Catholic theological point that because stillborn/neonatal death children could not be baptised before they died, they couldn't then enter the kingdom of god.

That came about because there had to be an alternative place to 'go' which would cover the state of being unable to have one's state of 'original sin', with which we all enter this world, being forgiven through baptism.

It couldn't happen for children who had never lived long enough for it to happen. The alleged consequence was that they were said to be in an eternal state of 'limbo'. Lost to all.

That's as close as this Modern Spiritualist can get you to a definition - my heart could break for the poor parents of children snatched away and disposed of without proper burial in consecrated ground as a consequence of the priests and theologians who developed this heartless theological argument.

Limbo has no spiritual significance and it's wholly man-made and inhumane.
Old 18-12-2010, 08:10 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You may be thinking of the Roman Catholic theological point that because stillborn/neonatal death children could not be baptised before they died, they couldn't then enter the kingdom of god.

That came about because there had to be an alternative place to 'go' which would cover the state of being unable to have one's state of 'original sin', with which we all enter this world, being forgiven through baptism.

It couldn't happen for children who had never lived long enough for it to happen. The alleged consequence was that they were said to be in an eternal state of 'limbo'. Lost to all.

That's as close as this Modern Spiritualist can get you to a definition - my heart could break for the poor parents of children snatched away and disposed of without proper burial in consecrated ground as a consequence of the priests and theologians who developed this heartless theological argument.

Limbo has no spiritual significance and it's wholly man-made and inhumane.

Very interesting ... thank you for your response Sorry to bombard with another question, but I must keep asking these questions in order to get an understanding of something that happened to me ... is it possible for spirits to "roam" after they die as opposed to going directly to Heaven or Hell or any other place of that nature ?
Old 18-12-2010, 08:20 PM
mac

Quote:
Very interesting ... thank you for your response Sorry to bombard with another question, but I must keep asking these questions in order to get an understanding of something that happened to me ... is it possible for spirits to "roam" after they die as opposed to going directly to Heaven or Hell or any other place of that nature ?

Before I can try to answer your further question I need to ask you a few... What do think 'spirits' are? What do you mean by 'roam'? What do you see as heaven or hell?

Your question is simple but the answer may not be.
Old 18-12-2010, 08:33 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Before I can try to answer your further question I need to ask you a few... What do think 'spirits' are? What do you mean by 'roam'? What do you see as heaven or hell?

Your question is simple but the answer may not be.

Well my friend, I believe spirits are all of US. I think spirits are those that we can not see and they are the part of us that does not pay so much attention to all the ego and problems in another ... maybe I am wrong ? If I am, then I apologize because I am kind of new to this whole spirituality thing lol .

When I say "roam", I mean, is it possible for those being in which we cant physically see ( the spirits ) to kind of still be on Earth while also being able to go off into space or wherever after they die ?
Old 18-12-2010, 08:54 PM
mac

Quote:
Well my friend, I believe spirits are all of US. I think spirits are those that we can not see and they are the part of us that does not pay so much attention to all the ego and problems in another ... maybe I am wrong ? If I am, then I apologize because I am kind of new to this whole spirituality thing lol .

When I say "roam", I mean, is it possible for those being in which we cant physically see ( the spirits ) to kind of still be on Earth while also being able to go off into space or wherever after they die ?

How you see spirits is not wrong because it's how you think of them - but it's not how I understand them. The subject is one which took me months or years to properly understand, not because it's difficult but because there is so much to the overall picture that without it, that picture is confusingly incomplete.

Let's try this. Think of your physical body with an energy source animating everything that keeps it alive and working - call that your 'spirit' but, for simplicity, think of it as looking just like you when you were or will be in your mid 20s. Your spirit doesn't get old like your body. Eventually that body is worn out, gets broken or whatever and you die - or rather your body does. That leaves your spirit free of the overcoat it wore in this dimension and free to return whence it came. I'm keeping this as simple as I can.

After death we're free to return as I say above. Folks often call it heaven and they might think that some go to hell. Those two notions are a huge topic but to keep it simple, our spirits are free and will head off somewhere. That somewhere isn't so much away in space somewhere as being very, very close but our dimensions don't interfere with each other. another huge topic.

So....we / they don't leave the vicinity but we don't see or interact with what we left behind. Talking in terms of near or far don't really apply as they can't be measured in the way we measure distance.

We may "roam" until we're settled and comfortable to what has happened when we've died. We may roam because we choose to do that. Some may roam because they've temporarily lost their way...

It's hard for me to make it simpler.
Old 18-12-2010, 09:02 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
How you see spirits is not wrong because it's how you think of them - but it's not how I understand them. The subject is one which took me months or years to properly understand, not because it's difficult but because there is so much to the overall picture that without it, that picture is confusingly incomplete.

Let's try this. Think of your physical body with an energy source animating everything that keeps it alive and working - call that your 'spirit' but, for simplicity, think of it as looking just like you when you were or will be in your mid 20s. Your spirit doesn't get old like your body. Eventually that body is worn out, gets broken or whatever and you die - or rather your body does. That leaves your spirit free of the overcoat it wore in this dimension and free to return whence it came. I'm keeping this as simple as I can.

After death we're free to return as I say above. Folks often call it heaven and they might think that some go to hell. Those two notions are a huge topic but to keep it simple, our spirits are free and will head off somewhere. That somewhere isn't so much away in space somewhere as being very, very close but our dimensions don't interfere with each other. another huge topic.

So....we / they don't leave the vicinity but we don't see or interact with what we left behind. Talking in terms of near or far don't really apply as they can't be measured in the way we measure distance.

We may "roam" until we're settled and comfortable to what has happened when we've died. We may roam because we choose to do that. Some may roam because they've temporarily lost their way...

It's hard for me to make it simpler.

Its okay ... I have to be honest, I didnt really understand the example you gave, but as I read furthermore toward the end, I began to understand better Thank you for answering me the best you know how ... I think I understand what you mean and you answered my question

I am having difficulties in the spiritual realm because something happened to me and traumatized me ... -_-
I keep trying to post a new thread about it, but the site wont let me and keeps making me re sign in ...? I dont know whats going on ... but thank you again for your reply