Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Color Enough is enough

When my cat transitioned,I started doing a lot like reading a lot of books,determined to change because of her death and expanding my spiritual beliefs,and did memorializing things. Then,today as I was writing another blog post about her,part of me was like when is enough going to be enough? On one hand,I feel I should do as much as possible as long as I have things I feel to do but then on the other hand as time is passing by I worry just slightly i'm going to seem like the crazy cat lady and obsessed. I feel I should do things as long as I feel inspired to but then i wonder about one day,when istop am i letting her memory go? and,then as much as i do now,what about when later on down the line someone close to me again leaves? How can I possibly make sure they get equal attention and inspired action from me? I know none of this makes sense. On a spiritual level,each soul is special and unique and I will express their transition in unique ways that are equally meaningful in their own ways. I shouldn't care what people think and also her memory will never fade from me. As long as I desire to,I will be able to recall her and think of her. Even if memories seem to fade,that is only conscious and temporary,in my heart she will always be there and one day in the perfect time she will come back and the connection will come flooding back as it becomes recognized and reawakened.

I guess I have to trust in my heart all is right and keep doing what I feel to do. Nothing in life is perfect,and nothing is finished and that is ok.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:57 AM
Administrator
I Have a friend who treated her cats like her children herself and her husband were both the same its now been over 12 months since her last cat had to be put to sleep,she still cries over her,she lost her husband three years ago,i have seen her shouting at god for taking her husband and her cat, she cant see that if both had still lived they would both be in so severe pain that they couldnt have stuck it out,i told her they are both fine both in spirit, but she thinks that if she doesnt worry about them that she is letting them down, thats not the case. you learn to cope with the losses but you will never forget,
they would want her to carry on not sit at home crying, grief is a personal thing and it has no time limit,

Namaste
Old 02-06-2014, 10:44 AM
Knower
Anabelle, I am so sorry that your cat passed on from her physical form. Sounds like you are working through a lot right now. Sometimes what I know intellectually is different from what I am feeling. It can be hard to work through it all. The loss, the grief. The pain. It sounds like you are working on the spiritual issues trying to understand things. Its all a process.

While your cat cannot be with you in her physical form now, she may well be with you in her lighter body. I know that does not take the place of her being there to hold etc. Grief is so difficult. Huge blessings for your heart.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Knower

To tell you the truth, spiritual development is infinite process, you see as I am writing this who knows what kind of life has developed, someone may had died, something may have changed etc. etc... wich means we will NEVER know everything, so the room for improvement is infinite.The truth is we are ALREADY perfect, the basic understanding of perfection is...flawed. You see, in reality we are already perfect, our "imperfect" things differ us from the rest, they make us unique wich in the end make us perfect. Uniqueness is one part of perfection and if everything would be "perfect" in our understanding, everything would be bland thus in reality it will be imperfect, because it will have flaw of not being unique. You see mistakes must happen as they are path to knowledge, if you dont do mistakes, you are doing something wrong as they say and this is truth. Mistakes make us stop and think, they make us grow... and time is such interesting concept, time doesnt exist as many scientists claimed this too. Time is irrelevant and this was proven, one hour in heaven is different than one hour in hell. The only thing that exists is flow of time, we could call it flow of life or energy, so do things when you feel is right and when you feel its time to rest than rest, when you feel its time to expand than expand. Time is your friend or your worst enemy it depends on how you look at it, it bends as you wish or it bends against your will. So just do what feels natural, all in all we know what to do and that is the beauty of life, its so simple yet so complex.

About death, death is just transition, we are immortal, we never die and we can only cease to exist when the end of times comes. Thats why there is a place called damnation, where souls who dont want to evolve or their sins are far greater than can be paid are sent, its a place where is no God, full of void and nothing. They are trapped there, where they can do nothing till the end of time. Death is like, imagine it your car is like your body, your car ceases to function so well you have to go on foot, imagine it as you go into another dimension. You just rest and think when you are going to buy new car and what it will be for, imagine it as resting in heaven, paying debts in hell and then choosing your life afterward. We never trully die as our souls are essence of God, his energy, it just cannot cease to exist, its unthinkable. If his energy only one part would cease to exist than everything will just stop to exist as everything is made of energy thus from God. Memorising others is honorable thing to do, but too much memorising can interrupt the resting session of the soul. Thats why calling ghosts or deceased relatives should not be done and was condemned. Its like someone would be calling you everyday, ofcourse you care about them, but its annoying in the long run. You must know when its time to move one, they will be in your life forever, because when you make soul bonds, you are bounded until you cut that bond.

And about those who laugh at those who cry when someone dies or your pet dies. They are just shallow and pathetic, because you see caring is the biggest sacrifice you can do, it takes guts and courage to care about someone. It takes alot from you, but it may give whole existence to the other person, this is real love.You know in the end, you will "lose" more than you gain, but still you are doing it for greater good, for the other person. When you lose someone its painfull and it again takes courage to go trough it, to survive. Living for yourself and not caring about anyone is easy and everyone can do it, its cowardly and egoistic. Even look at elite troops in army, what makes them better than ordinary infantry? Ofcourse better training but mainly taking other members of team as brothers, working together, being together, taking care of eachother. Look at the motto of French Foreign legion legio patria nostra, wich means legion is our fatherland, wich means they are one big happy family. Because they know, there is no more powerfull weapon than companionship and family ties,blood that binds makes you stronger, they know when people care for eachother and work together as ONE and when the EGO is dissolved, than we can do unimaginable things. Even a person who will fight for money will have no chance against person who will die for his loved ones, he will always have bigger willpower than who is in for the money, and mind is powerfull tool.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:31 PM
Knower

DOUBLE POST
Old 02-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Sophrosyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
I guess I have to trust in my heart all is right and keep doing what I feel to do. Nothing in life is perfect,and nothing is finished and that is ok.

Yes, do not worry for one minute what others may think. Do what is right for you. And if one day you do not think or talk/write about your dear cat as much then that is okay too....it does not mean you care any less about her.

Big hugs from a fellow crazy cat lady

Soph x
Old 02-06-2014, 05:51 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
When my cat transitioned,I started doing a lot like reading a lot of books,determined to change because of her death and expanding my spiritual beliefs,and did memorializing things. Then,today as I was writing another blog post about her,part of me was like when is enough going to be enough? On one hand,I feel I should do as much as possible as long as I have things I feel to do but then on the other hand as time is passing by I worry just slightly i'm going to seem like the crazy cat lady and obsessed. I feel I should do things as long as I feel inspired to but then i wonder about one day,when istop am i letting her memory go? and,then as much as i do now,what about when later on down the line someone close to me again leaves? How can I possibly make sure they get equal attention and inspired action from me? I know none of this makes sense. On a spiritual level,each soul is special and unique and I will express their transition in unique ways that are equally meaningful in their own ways. I shouldn't care what people think and also her memory will never fade from me. As long as I desire to,I will be able to recall her and think of her. Even if memories seem to fade,that is only conscious and temporary,in my heart she will always be there and one day in the perfect time she will come back and the connection will come flooding back as it becomes recognized and reawakened.

What a Special and Loving Soul you are!

What a Beautiful Kitty...looks just like my Midnight!!!

I am (so very) sorry for your loss.

You do whatever you need to do...for however long you need to do it...and don't worry about what others may think.

I have been with all my FurBabies--when it was time to take away their suffering. My Vet sent condolence Cards--complete w/ each of Their names. I've kept them all these years and every Yuletide I place them under the Yuletide Tree--so that Their Spirits can come and enjoy the Holy Days with us. So...who's the Crazy Cat Lady (now)?

Peace and Love on your path to Total Healing...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 02-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Deactivated Account

ah,thanks for everyone. this makes me feel better.i feel a little bad even caring slightly what other people think and am i going overboard. I should express in a way that feels natural and authentic for me which is what i am doing and will do. That's actually not her in the profile pic here,though. lol. she is a beautiful tortoiseshell cat. She was a feisty cat who was possessive and clingy but at the same time gave me space and wasnt a lapcat which i appreciate. My mom's cat was a lapcat and that isn't fitting for me. It's just too needy for my personality. lol. but fits my mom's.

I've never lost anyone close to me before so it's a very new learning experience how to do things. I'm acutally coping pretty well these days. I still get emotional but i'm happy and feel ok doing most everything now. I've dived in and expanded my beliefs so much since she left knowing I had to. Her leaving is certaintly like a second spiritual awakening for me. Although I've always believed in an afterlife and told her she would have a beautiful one and we would be together forever and she could leave whenever she was ready because I didn't want her sticking around just for me if she wasn't enjoying herself anymore,i've had a lot of missing pieces of my spiritual understanding put together for me and my faith and knowing of things incredibly strengthened. She accomplished a mission of making sure I knew how much I loved her before leaving that's for sure and showing me she is significant. It's all love,she showed me an important lesson of how connected we are.

Memorializing her the way I have just feels natural to me,to feel connected to her. It makes me happy and is healing because it helps me to express.

One thing I wish I knew how to do which i set an intention for is to have an out of body experience. I hope to someday learn how to astral project soon. I feel it would be a good thing for me to learn just to expand further.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:19 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:

To remember things (for sentimental or honoring reasons) is fine. And you could do that as much as you wanted to. But if the person gets stuck in a grief stage and can't move on, then it's different. Then it's time to try to push themselves out so they could move on.

So be honest with yourself and see if it feels like you're stuck in this cycle and if it's bad for you. Sometimes the self won't be honest and will want to keep an addiction going and try to justify it and say that it's ok. That's why you have to carefully and honestly look inside. Don't let your SELF fool you.

You have different parts to your SELF. And one part would want to do something while the other part would not. But try to bring out the "health measuring" part of you to evaluate your emotional well being. If this thing doesn't keep you back from anything and is not bad for you, you can do it as long as you feel like you want to.

If, on the other hand, it makes you feel depressed for example, that's not a good thing. It's time to force yourself to move on, to focus your attention to other things.

I am sure there is no need to try to be "fair" in how much time you spend in 'honoring' someone's memory. It's not like they will be upset with you (after they cross over) that you did not spend enough time on them. They will be too happy to be upset with you. So there is no need for a measuring scale and to try to make it "equal time" or "equal ernestness".
Old 03-06-2014, 02:43 AM
Experiencer

My cat had to be put to sleep about 9 months ago, and her illness and death was one of the events which led to me having a Kundalini awakening. She had the prettiest purr; it sounded like she was singing, and I was so crushed to lose her. Strange things started happening around the time she got sick, and then the night she died, I saw a person made of energy walk through my bedroom door. I took it to be her spirit, in energy form. It sounds nutty, but I feel like she's still here sometimes, and when I'm missing her, I'll talk to her. My belief is that our pets are parts of our consciousness, just like all the people we meet are, and that we will meet again in various lifetimes. If it makes you feel better to write about your cat, then do so, but you don't necessarily have to do so, if the time has come to taper it off a bit. You have the memories of her, and you'll meet her again.