Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Is an Ascended Master in the same boat as a celebrity?

No since they have left this reality

Gurus or what you might call them, who are within this reality , fall very much into this group, and fall and fall, depending how they keep their followers following.

Last edited by Rah nam : 19-10-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 19-10-2010, 11:55 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detlef
No since they have left this reality

Gurus or what you might call them, who are within this reality , fall very much into this group, and fall and fall, depending how they keep their followers following.

I guess one could say that humans make AM's celebrities if they behave that way towards them. Similarly gurus as you indicate - I like the "fall and fall" bit!

How humankind loves to elevate its own as if their elevated status somehow reflects back on those who elevated them
Old 20-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Guide
I'm starting to think that no soul is famous but their physical self is.
For example in heaven Micheal Jackson's soul isn't really famous.
His name may not be Micheal Jackson anymore.
Who know he may even be a girl now if that's his soul's real gender.
Maybe his name/ former physical body is famous on the other side because a lot of soul's enjoyed and still enjoy his songs. However his soul isn't if that makes sense?
Perhaps almost every soul will be famous however small.
Maybe even some one as famous as Elvis will just be considered
just another soul who had their 15 minutes of fame on the physical realm.
Old 20-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Greenslade

Maybe Elvis will be considered as another selfish person who had something and didn't so anything with it, other than for his own benefit.
Old 20-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Master
Benoit Mandelbrot died recently so I'll play a clip in tribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJE35wX1nQ
Old 04-11-2010, 05:49 PM
sweetdisposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandybytheSea
Lovely, you might listen to some of Leslie Flint's recordings - I won't go into detail about who he was or how they came about here, but you will find them fascinating. They are mostly of famous people who passed, from Queen Victoria to Marilyn Monroe, all insisting they are no longer famous or royal, just souls with experiences from their incarnation.
http://www.leslieflint.com and all recordings are free to listen to. You can learn more about him at that site.

Thanks for that link. Found it a really interesting read :)
Old 04-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Lostgirl

I dont understand why such a fuss is made about certain celebs dying. Ones who have done something with their fame, that have helped make a difference and not abused their stature then it should be noticed but when they abuse others, cheat on their wives, abuse children, crash cars, drink them selves into oblivion and still get a new liver, why on earth should i give a hoot wheather or not they have died?

Im a nurse and will do alot of good in my lifetime but my death wont be covered on the news nor will millions of people mourn my death. The same goes for firefighters, rescue workers, etc, the people who really make a difference are never taken notice of.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 AM
SandybytheSea

Well Lostgirl, our perception of everyone is different for each of us. I spent many years working in the television industry, and was constantly amazed by the people I met who would say "oh I just hate him" when they didn't even know "him". I'd usually reply with something like "well him thinks very highly of YOU!" (with tongue in cheek) and they'd usually huff and puff and say "him doesn't even KNOW me!" and I'd say "that's right." Of course, they rarely got what I was trying to say. They'd tell me what "him" was really like, having sucked up every morsel of media lies and negative publicity.

Many celebrities DO make a difference, often in ways we don't see or hear about, but good deeds don't sell newspapers.

I know, first hand, how difficult it is to be famous. (not that I am or would ever want to be!) It's the millions of nobodies who make them famous in the first place, and then take pleasure in pulling them down, believing that they now "own" them and can have their pound of flesh.

The point is, we're all human. Everyone deserves to be mourned. Even famous people have (or had) parents, and children or close friends.

Some are mourned by many, some are mourned by few. Perhaps our purpose in life is not to have our death covered by the news, but to ensure we're mourned by at least someone who loves us. If we can achieve that, then I think we're doing ok.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Lostgirl

I think you are very right :)

And I agree with everything you have said :) Thank you for not taking too much notice of my awful mood last night :) I do apologise.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:04 PM
supernova

At the touch of death everybody will be in the same plight no matter whether he is a king or a pauper, celebrities or beggars. It is up to the grave people have fans and or admirers but after that the journey becomes unaccompanied.

Death is an equalizer and there is no division no matter what religions or cultures you come of and what statuses you hold in your society all will have to meet with the same plights.

Of course if you are a believer, the gate to heaven will be open to you and wherein your celebrity position will be insignificant and only your Karma will be at work