Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Seeker

Spirituality made me feel Alone in the crowd

So...my beliefs contradict themselves...on one hand I believe that All is one, then again on the other hand many times i feel alone in the crowd, like...no one understands me...but then again, if life is just a dream, then there’s no one else here but me...i duno...what You guys think...is that a ego trap?”hollier than thou” thing? I’m Confused...
Old 13-10-2018, 11:57 PM
Master

It might be a contradiction between what you decided to believe and your inner self's wisdom. I suggest you get in touch with your inner self, and ask.
Old 14-10-2018, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Surfer
So...my beliefs contradict themselves...on one hand I believe that All is one, then again on the other hand many times i feel alone in the crowd, like...no one understands me...but then again, if life is just a dream, then there’s no one else here but me...i duno...what You guys think...is that a ego trap?”hollier than thou” thing? I’m Confused...

—-

Belief ... based on thought (origin & basis of thought?), often conditioning

Wisdom ... based on direct experience, felt & lived, within

Alone vs Lonely ... alone is connected (positive) ... lonely is an egoistic need (negative)

‘No one understands me’ ... who within you seeks to be understood & why?

Idle contemplation
Precursor to meditation
Old 14-10-2018, 05:30 AM
Master

Quote:

So you feel that other people don't understand you because your beliefs and philosophy of life are different.

This is just the way of things. The average person (if there is such a being) has many fine qualities but lacks a deeper spiritual comprehension.

So find a crowd which is more on your wavelength. They are out there somewhere. Some of them are here on this forum.

Yes, in the end we are all alone and there is no-one here but us, but it is still good to share the journey.

Peace.
Old 14-10-2018, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
So...my beliefs contradict themselves...on one hand I believe that All is one, then again on the other hand many times i feel alone in the crowd... what You guys think...is that a ego trap?”hollier than thou” thing? I’m Confused...
You just described everyone who is on a spiritual journey. And most people who aren't. It's all part of the soul evolution journey. Yes, there is a unity aspect to humanity, life and existence. And yes, as a unique soul, it is your karma to forge your path alone. Wisdom is learning to see and accept that, and then get on with the journey in full consciousness.
Old 14-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

I've always felt alone in the crowd. Right from my very earliest memories I felt alone. It seems I had no choice but to follow the spiritual path, it was either that or go insane. Ive tried though, ive tried to fit in and be part of the/ a group but no success. I do think it's important not to isolate yourself though. I get a lot of social interactions in my work place, this helps me stay grounded. A psychic guy did tell me last year that living in 3D is a must to stay healthy. He said to carry on trying to meet new people and live the norm.
Old 14-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Master
Quote:
it takes time to really figure it out. Sounds like you're not fallowing a trend. That's a good thing if you really want to find your own way. Great things never come easy.
Old 14-10-2018, 11:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
but then again, if life is just a dream, then there’s no one else here but me...
And now you're alone in the crowd and there's nobody here but you. Fanfares, dancing girls and ticker tape.

Spirituality didn't make you anything, you did a pretty good job of that yourself.

By the way, there goes everyone who dyed their hair blue, was a geek or preferred computer gaming. Or was out of the Spiritual mainstream.
Old 15-10-2018, 07:57 AM
Deactivated Account

I think that whenever you have interest in a subject that not many others seem to you're bound to feel alone. That's human nature. That said the ego can make that feeling quite loud at times and try to justify it through some kind of unconscious elite self-talk.
Old 15-10-2018, 11:56 AM
Badcopyinc

It is a dream and we are all here. We create this together. But you can walk through the world and see what you choose to.

I agree with a lot of people saying the way you feel is part of the process.
I’m still alone but don’t feel like that anymore. That was my lesson. The world views me the way I do..