Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 21-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
No. Sometimes they don't make a choice, because they don't know there is a choice to make.

There is no portal. The energy that they join is the same energy that permeates through each and everyone one of us, 24/7. Any 'portal' would just be a conscious choice to be in particular plain of reality. Much like when we meditate, we can get onto different planes, but we don't need to find a portal, we ARE the portal.

Well, I have lived with and spoken to various spirits still here. Some did choose to stay even when I offered to help and one ( younger one) did choose to go with the help of a relative.

Portals do exist, I have opened and closed many. Sometimes portals don't want to open if you are not supposed to go there.

This is my experience!
Old 21-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabaker
Thanks Badger1777. When you say that they dont know that there is a choice to make. Is that because they dont know their dead?

I mentioned it all in post #5

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...23&postcount=5

The short answer to your question, sometimes they don't accept that they are dead, even if they sort of know. Much as sometimes we get news that we know is true but its too shocking for us to immediately accept.

If you spend quite a long time in a human body, and during that lifetime never trained the mind to go into the spirit realms, or experimented with different shapes on the astral plane, or played with different rules and different laws of physics, then all you'll really know is how to be a person. I think this is why we do funerals, so that collectively, through a strong focus of will, under the guidance of someone who has trained to lead such rituals (be that a christian vicar or priest, or a rabbi, or a shaman or whatever) we try to make the spirit know what they must do, but it can still take a bit of getting used to.

Or, put it another way. Imagine you've been in a job for quite a few years, then suddenly you lose that job. For a few weeks after, you'll probably still try to cling on to your friendships with your former colleagues, probably still think in terms of the job you've done for so long etc, but gradually, over time, you'll realise that you need to move on.

Life is full of death. Any major life change is in effective a death and rebirth. Like any major life change, death of the body is going to take a bit of getting used to, especially if you weren't ready for it, and/or you're not sure what to do about it.
Old 21-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Portals do exist, I have opened and closed many. Sometimes portals don't want to open if you are not supposed to go there.

This is my experience!

I have no doubt that you are right. But so am I

See, we consciously direct energy. We can't (or probably shouldn't) just do it haphazardly, so we need to create constructs that work for us. For me, I just 'know' what I expect to happen, and so it happens. Except very occasionally it doesn't, so I have to figure out why and work around it. For you, if its portals that do the trick, then portals it is. The point is that you are focusing energy to achieve something. Whatever enables you to achieve that focus is right.