Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-09-2012, 07:18 PM
iolite

Anniversary of Twin Tower Attack

Today is the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attack of the United States in which two commercial jets were flown into the Twin Towers in New York City, NY, another plane flown into the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia and a third plane crashed in Pennsylvania as the passengers took down the terrorists after passengers and flight attendants learned from cell phone calls of the other plane attacks. It is guessed that the terrorists planned to crash the plane into the White House.

On today's anniversary, a note from one of the Towers' victims was released to his wife. The note was floated down to the ground just before the buildings crashed. The note only contained 7 words.."84th floor, West Office, 12 people trapped." Thru dna analysis of the blood on the note, forensics was able to return the note to Randy Scott's wife. Denise Scott told the "Stamford Advocate" that for 11 years she had hoped that Randy had died without suffering. Now she knows that he probably did suffer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1872023.html

I was living in Northern Virginia and was home with my almost 3 y/o daughter, unaware of the tragedy unfolding until my mom called. My husband was in California on business and was unable to reach me by phone until almost noon, due to everyone in the country being on the phone trying to get in touch with loved ones on NY, PA, Washington DC and VA. I even got an email from a cousin in Virginia Beach wanting to know if I was ok. She knew I was in Northern Va and I guess she just didn't know how far we were from the Pentagon (we were about 30 miles away).

Today on the anniversary I was unaware until the reading the news on my laptop reminded me. Yesterday afternoon, my daughter (she's in the 9th grade) injured her knee in volleyball practice (her kneecap popped out) and we were transported to the ER by ambulance. She was in extreme pain until the EMT gave her pain meds in the ambulance. When we arrived, the ER doc popped (pushed really) her patella back in place. Then she was wheeled into x-ray to check for breaks, tears, etc. Everything checked out ok and she was fitted for a knee brace that came up almost to her crotch and down to her ankle to imobilize her knee, pain meds, doctor's note for school and a referral to an ortho. It was a very, very long night for all of us. By the time we got more pain meds in her, her jammies on, in bed with an ice pack on her knee and her laptop for company it was close to 10pm. I fell into bed exhausted and slept heavy and didn't wake up until 9am. Our day usually starts at 6am. When I woke, I was still very groggy and disoriented and more concerned with my daughter than the date.

I'm sure that I'm not alone in forgetting momentarily the significance of today. While today will forever be burned into the conscience of every American, the day really deserves to be a national holiday like Memorial Day. As I read the article about Randy Scott's note, it made me think about all the victims of that attack. I know that it was posted here that some who worked on crossing over people had helped cross over these souls. I hope that everyone was crossed over and no one was left behind. I am sure that many souls that were crossed over were concerned about the family they left behind. My heart goes out to every mom or dad that was left to raise their children without their spouse and to every child that has had to grow up without their mom or dad.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Neville

I personally think a moment of quiet contemplation or prayer should be taken in remembrance of all those that perished . and all those that lost a loved one on that fateful day 11 years ago. Not forgetting those that have subsequently succumbed from inhaling dust and PTSD(and any other after effect).
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Today is the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attack of the United States...

I'm sure that I'm not alone in forgetting momentarily the significance of today. While today will forever be burned into the conscience of every American, the day really deserves to be a national holiday like Memorial Day. As I read the article about Randy Scott's note, it made me think about all the victims of that attack. I know that it was posted here that some who worked on crossing over people had helped cross over these souls. I hope that everyone was crossed over and no one was left behind. I am sure that many souls that were crossed over were concerned about the family they left behind. My heart goes out to every mom or dad that was left to raise their children without their spouse and to every child that has had to grow up without their mom or dad.

It never crossed my mind to make it a national holiday, but that is a very fine idea.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Henri77

We don't celebrate Pearl Harbor in this way, and I feel it's better we forget best we can, our pain, especially as we really don't KNOW who orchestrated it.

While commemoration is certainly called for, the residual nationalistic hate is best forgotten. As we've largely forgiven the Japanese.

The possibility of an inside covert operation muddies the significance, even today.

Memorial day serves to commemorate all war losses. IMO
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Administrator
I was thinking the same thing earlier i think sending a prayer out to all who suffered is in order,

Namaste
Old 11-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I was thinking the same thing earlier i think sending a prayer out to all who suffered is in order,

Namaste

Ditto The families especially.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Henri77

dupl post, sorry
Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator
Today I took a few moments to remember that terrible day. And to say a prayer for those many many Souls who were involved in that tragedy. And for those who grieve.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:22 AM
Seeker
May the fallen of Sept 11 2001 be never forgotten.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Master
Lightbulb It's 2012

Why are we encouraged to let it slide?

Why do some of us feel that way?

Do you remember?
The day everyone stood there
in their best-dressed
with the wind refusing
refusing to stop whipping
the American flag on display
against that wall?
They must've glued their hats
to their heads, the wind was that strong.
But was it a wicked wind? No.
It was one that said to me
Don't you dare forget us (as if we could!)
It made me want to cry, but I dared not.