Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-07-2012, 11:25 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Has anyone seen the movie "What Dreams May Come"? It stars Robin Williams who loses his children in an automobile accident and his wife to suicide because she can't cope with her grief any more. When Robin dies (he stops to help victims of an auto accident and is killed by an oncoming car. Once dead, he meets guides who turn out to be his son and daughter. He goes in search of his wife and finds her in a dimension that could be described as hell. Except, it is a creation of each of the tormented souls there. They are trapped by reliving their pain, anguish, grief, etc. It is only when they stop focusing on their pain that they realize that they can leave that place. Robin eventually gets his wive to notice him and breaks the "spell". She is then reunited with her family.

It's a favourite of mine.

Although it's a movie, intended for entertainment and hence not to be heeded totally in its detail, there's a lot can be taken (in my experience) from some of the imagery and from the dialogue....
Old 14-07-2012, 10:29 AM
gerrygirl

are we simply puppets

I read the article but applaud you attitude about the press. There is higher level of power working on this planet, I truely believe, that goes beyond the church but connected to it that seeks to control our thinking through the media. It starting with the church and as its losing its power of mankind its uses the media to keep us locked into a cycle of negativity.

Hell is an energetic dimension like any other, and our our souls journe y is being challenged every day. Our belief in true self our God self and our innate connection to LIGHT is why our shadow side (free will) we chose for ourselves is what only challanges us. Everything in life as a natural opposite therefore we are indoctrinated to BELEIVE that "we are being tested". We are not being tested, we are simply as human beings aware of the balance in nature (dark light, hot cold, etc) and therefore think that we are also some how at the mercy of GOOD AND BAD... we arent... we are beings of light.... and as such have all the power within us to do what our soul knows to be right..... its simply the media that paints a picture of suffering, we only suffer when we chose not to do what our soul knows to be right.... politics, war, media are the playgrounds of lower energies

We we refuse to listen and do what we know is OK and beat our drum to what our own soul is saying rather than the one "dictators" are saying there is automatically PEACE . Let the war mongers and the antagonists fight their own battles, if NOBODY perpetuates their lies it dies and we are free

Peace
Old 15-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Occultist

Angel1 Dont go to Hell.

Okay I watched it. 1st off when the guy speaks at the begining.
I thought it was going to be a joke.
For me its not a joke but my feelings is that this girl has alot of issues she needs worked through.
Pins,swords,fire,private part percings<-every second.
I was waiting to hear what the safety word was going to be.
This is someone who needs therapy lots and lots of therapy.
I dont even understand about the TV and movie concept? she used Circular<- think she needs to understand circular philosophy before using it. The definition of circular philosophy is futile because the truth of the premises cannot be established independently of the conclusion.
Movies and TV shows are fantasy and shouldnt be taken to seriously and those who do take these premises seriously I feel bad for.
Also fear based religions are the worst imo.
Forcing someone to live a certain way <- for me not living.
Because if I had to live like that I wouldnt want to live or my life wouldnt be worth living<- circular concept
people are free step out of this self punishing way of thinking and join the dance like the rest of us. Because this is just sad not to mention a lil crazy.
Old 17-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Shippo

It is one large scare tactic, more fear in this fearful world
Old 06-08-2012, 06:57 AM
Shippo

Since the fear of Hell and the whole sin thing doesn't frighten me I can say with confidence that I believe this is a huge gimmick.
Old 18-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Pathfinder

There is no Hell

Hi, From my reading of near death experiences and other spiritual stuff I have come to the conclusion that HELL is a concept that the churches have invented in order to control people with fear. After all, what could be more frightening than believing a person could suffer for eternity(that means forever) and have absolutely no way out. Very scary and a great way to control people.
It is interesting to note that when one examines the growing number of accounts of near death experiences that they all have a common thread to them, that is they involve moving towards a tunnel or to a bright light or both and meeting with predeceased relatives and sometimes a god-like being. Interesting to note that these experiences happen to Atheists, agnostics and people of religious faiths alike. I don't believe these are made up or generated from our preconceived beliefs.
There have been a few cases where the person having the NDE found themselves in a very dark and foreboding place. Some call this the lower astral plane; sort of a place of temporary stay that one has to work their way out of.
I hope this puts a positive spin on this topic. Bye all
Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 AM
justme_jebba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
In the many nde studies I've read, the small minority of people who have hellish experiences are generally have conscious or repressed negativity - unresolved pain, anger and guilt issues, to a high degree.

The mind can project itself into dreams, and into other-worldly experiences as well. I trust the 98% of nde stories that are consistently about light, pure love and gaining understanding.

Xan
i dont have hellish dreams but one time years ago i was for near few days dreamt of a lava ground and anything i dreamed was on it.....even a roller coaster now i just remember a bit of it...but what interest me was a demon looking like hellboy lol who came out of the huge crack out of this lava ground , then walked up to me , gave me smile,kiss on cheek and walked away, i have not alot of clue as why but i think its becuase i am a neutral person in the sense i can associate with both light and dark spirits without any judgement becuase i cannot judge a book by its cover as in regards if i see a thing scary doesnt nescesssary means it is what it shows but may show of something else it is trying to say...but im not saying i would go where angels fear to tread. but i have been told i been in hell before and that i understand what it is...i dont remeber it so much except a lot of underground dreams i had over time....anyway i dont remember but i think it is a place like a jail system, it mirrors but on a grander scale with various scenes and like the jails here...what i mean there maximum security cell- like conditions to the very minimum part where there is chasetising to go down through them from the part where someone start..if they was put in the middle of the spectrum they go down through to the minumum from that before being born again or if start near the mimimum- its closer to being born when it is rendered ready to try again at life learns their lessons but they are to help the ones who are in similar circumstances for to be of any redemption to keep away from hell again....heaven and hell i think is much like i believe is like in the movie- "what dreams may come" with robyn williams in it...it depicts many sceneries and re-active scenarios that is the small scale.
But as it is in this life, i now know what im working on as result of it. and i think im doing ok.

~~When i cant make proof of anything- i theorise it for the next best thing! thats just me to make any sense of anything.
THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING- GOOD AND BAD- THE SCOPE OF UNDERSTANDING IT IS VASTLY WRITTEN IN HISTORY
Old 05-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Pathfinder
I'm also quite a fan of What Dreams May Come. To me... yes it's a movie but I think it's a movie with a lot of truth. I found the angle they took on suicide so interesting and hell itself. That it's more a mental thing. Reflects a few of my own beliefs.

Personally, I don't like these "I saw hell and came back" stories. To me, hell isn't real it doesn't exist. It's not a place a bunch of people go. The way I see it for certain people YOU put YOURSELF into a "hell" of sorts based on your own mind, beliefs, and expectations if that's where you honestly believe you deserve to go.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Experiencer
I don't know if any of you have read this one, but this is one of the best NDE stories I've read that really seems to explain a lot. http://near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation04.html

As far as that youtube video, as I was watching it, something didn't sit right with me about it. It just seems to perpetuate the archetype of hell that has been passed down for centuries by corrupt individuals.

I don't know how true it is, but I've heard that the concept of hell came from the word gehinnom, which was the term they used in the days of Jesus for a landfill. Periodically, people would get executed in the landfill and set on fire along with the garbage. And somehow the word got misinterpreted and mistranslated over the centuries into what it is today. It seems to make sense to me.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Occultist

(g'hee-NOHM); Gehenna (g'HEHN-uh) A place of spiritual punishment and/or purification for a period of up to 12 months after death. Gehinnom is the Hebrew name; Gehenna is Yiddish.
Gehinnom (Ge= valley) means "The Valley of Hinnom" which was a garbage dump that burned constantly outside the Southern part of Jerusalem. This became a symbol for the punishment of the wicked after death.
Gehinnom
So vast is hell , it may be compared to a pot of which the rest of the universe forms the lid (Pes. 94a). Gehinnom is not only for punishment, but also for purgation. According to Bet Shammai, those whose merits and sins are evenly balanced will be purified in the flames of Gehinnom, and thus rendered fit to enter Gan Eden. Bet Hillel held that such marginal persons would, by God's mercy, escape the ordeal (Tosef., Sanh. 13:3; RH 16b–17a). A widely held view was that the wicked will be punished in Gehinnom for 12 months only, after which they will be annihilated, to suffer no more. Only a limited group, chiefly those who by word and deed have repudiated their loyalty to the Jewish people and the basic doctrines of Jewish faith, will endure endless torment (Tosef., Sanh. 12:4, 5; RH 17a). However, R. Akiva cited Isaiah 66:23 concerning the 12-month sentence, indicating that even the wicked after having atoned for their sins in purgatory will join the righteous in Gan Eden (Eduy. 10). The severity of Gehinnom was mitigated in rabbinic thought. It was widely believed that all Israel, except for a few arch sinners, would have a share in the world to come, and so could not be unconditionally doomed to Hell (Sanh. 10). Abraham was said to stand at the entrance of Gehinnom and prevent his circumcised descendants from being incarcerated there (Er. 19a; cf. the reference to "Abraham's bosom" in Luke 16:23). Moreover, all the condemned, including gentiles, would have respite from punishment on the Sabbath (Sanh. 65b). The possibility that the reprobates might repent, acknowledge the justness of their punishment, and thus open the way to their redemption is mentioned in several places (Er. loc. cit.; on the sons of Korah, see Ginzberg, Legends, 6 (1928), 103, n. 586). That the piety of a son may mitigate the punishment of a deceased parent is implied in Kiddushin 31b (cf. II Macc. 12:42ff.) and stated explicitly in a post-talmudic story (Kallah Rabbati, 2:9, ed. Higger, 202ff.). The special effectiveness of the recital of Kaddish for this purpose is mentioned in medieval writings (e.g., Baḥya ben *Asher , Deut. 21:8). Some Palestinian rabbis denied that there is, or will be, a place called Gehinnom. They held that at the final judgment sinners will be destroyed by the unshielded rays of the sun or by a fire issuing from their own bodies (Gen. R. 6:6; 26:6)."
http://forum.chnetwork.org/index.php?topic=3396.5;wap2