Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-06-2018, 12:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Trying to grow

Hey! So the past few years I feel like I’ve stepped away from all things spiritual and I think I need help figuring out how to get back into things. I have no idea where to start, I’ve can’t feel things like I did before and I don’t see things anymore either. It’s kind of lonely haha, any tips or advice to get back to being more open spiritually would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 16-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Lorelyen

Hello Mschiropteran,

I think you'll have to tell us a little more of your story before anyone can usefully reply. Like, what attracted you to spirituality in those earlier days? What were you doing that you abandoned? Why did you step away?

What do you hope to get from a spiritually-inspired path - or just...spirituality?

If something turns someone on to spirituality it's usually irreversible. You can't have a sudden awareness about, say for example, social conditioning... then unexperience it.

It's important to ask yourself what you're looking for in spiritual development. Answering that will help you find a way to start - otherwise you'll just get bounced about between any number of gurus, ideas and currents and get nowhere fast. So...a useful start might be to learn to contemplate (stilling your mind, relaxing utterly as you might for meditation) then ponder this question - afterwards (maybe even during) noting down what you can remember that came into your mind along with any unrelated issues. Ideas that seem irrelevant might hold clues. It'll take some discipline. Half an hour a day is barely enough though once you get the hang you can practice at any odd moments).

Old 16-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Well I grew up in a Christian house where we openly talked about things alike life after death, spirits, dreams and things like that. I think what attracted me to it was that I truly don’t believe this life is it, I’ve seen spirits, felt them, woken up to scratches and burns. I stepped away because I was married to this “godly man” that turned out to be abusive and just terrible so I closed off to everyone and everything and I think closing off that part of me that I’ve grown up with and loved has caused me to be lonely and just feel like this day to day life is it and I don’t like it. I feel as though I’ve stepped away from everything and really I just want to have that awareness and grow into it like I was before, I’m just at a loss on how to start
Old 16-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Deactivated Account

I'm sorry I understand the pain, I was raised with a 'godly' father figure who did nothing but abuse me and my family. My interest in spirituality started when I wanted to heal those wounds in me that he caused. I think that's still my driving motivation even now years on. Meditation is a good place to start, to find that stillness and peace within.
Old 16-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelwen
I'm sorry I understand the pain, I was raised with a 'godly' father figure who did nothing but abuse me and my family. My interest in spirituality started when I wanted to heal those wounds in me that he caused. I think that's still my driving motivation even now years on. Meditation is a good place to start, to find that stillness and peace within.

Thank you for sharing, I really appreciate it and I’ll give it a try :)
Old 17-06-2018, 05:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mschiropteran
Thank you for sharing, I really appreciate it and I’ll give it a try :)

I meant to add more but my time was cut short - Meditation has been hard for me because all the trauma arises when my mind has nothing to focus on. But I've even found just two minutes each night really helps, focusing on the breath and letting the waves go through me. I sometimes take a herbal anti-anxiety beforehand to make it easier. I don't see it as cheating but aiding.