Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 26-09-2017, 12:22 AM
Experiencer
Thoughts on the Four of Pentacles?

Recently I have been "stalked" by the four of pentacles and it's stumping me!
I understand that is has to do with clinging to the past, belongings, greedy. Or maybe holding back one's feelings?
I can't seem to figure it out so I wanted to post it here.

I have been asking mainly about a reconciliation of a relationship with an ex and I. We have begun talking again but I am receiving mixed messages from him and unsure of where this is going. I'm confused. and this card comes up without fail for everything from why he is acting this way, how he feels, why I feel despair about it, where we are, etc. I've gotten it about 6 times in the last week.

I did a spread a friend recommended on cards that are stalking you.
1. What is the message - The Magician
2. The significance of the card - Seven of Pentacles
3. What is blocking me - Page of Cups
4. What can I do to better understand the message? Knight of Pentacles
5. How can I unblock obstacles to better understand? Ace of Swords

Any thoughts welcome please! Just putting it out there. Could this mean I'm clinging to much to the outcome and to just let things unfold?
Old 26-09-2017, 12:27 AM
Master

4 of Pent can mean a bunch of different things - positive interpretations can also include security, financial accumen etc.

What I take from your reading is that you're a bit too emotionally compromised to do the readings for yourself (Cups!!) - look at all the significance and better understanding cards. Pentacles (very grounded cards). And then to unblock obstacles to better understanding, you have Ace of Swords - which is the biggest whopping message to 'clarify things' put a lid on the emotional clutter :)

In the context of your situation, the 4 of Pent may refer to your need for security/certainty. Perhaps a really honest conversation is due :)
Old 26-09-2017, 12:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Four of pentacles - "I am not going to give you what you want".. Like tealily says, could indicate a number of things however, For me, 4 of pentz is withholding. There is a strong stubborn-esque about it. But for whatever reason, they ( or you) aren't open to give on a physical level. Also, another perspective and I saw this on another media sight but someone related this card to The Devil card, the greed and obsession of holding on to things/people. The need of letting go n freeing yourself from the physical wanting of things.

I am looking sharply at that Ace of Swords- it says nip in the bud and get real with this person. No honest and deep conversation ---no breakthrough.
Old 26-09-2017, 07:18 AM
55Degrees

4 of Pents can denote control issues, an insistence on having things their way or resistance to change.

Interestingly, in the stalker card spread you drew -
What is the message - The Magician.
He's the card of controlling and manipulation of the world around him (I don't mean manipulation in a negative, psychological sense, more a 'shaping into form', moulding way, like a potter uses clay).

Putting the other cards in to context -
The significance of the card - Seven of Pentacles.
Patience, don't expect things to happen overnight, don't rush in, allow things to develop slowly and naturally.

3. What is blocking me - Page of Cups.
Ah, the wayward emotions, Old feelings, doubts and uncertainty about how you feel.

4. What can I do to better understand the message? Knight of Pentacles.
Don't make any move yet (again look at the 7 of Pents). Knight of Pents is a long term planner, so sit and see how re-connecting with your ex benefits you, decide what you want from this re-connection.

5. How can I unblock obstacles to better understand? Ace of Swords.
The truth of the matter is in front of you. Get honest, firstly with yourself (look back at Knight of Pents - who, is bringing what, to the table).

It sounds as though you feel things aren't under your control right now, you're being rushed. 4 of Pents is telling you back off a bit from his advances and ask him for some space.
Old 26-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Master
To add to the Pents 4:
- fear of lack and loss, this can also be self-worth, not necessarily concerning money.
- insecurity on survival that makes you hold on too tight to what you have.
- Fear of losing stability, security, control, if you step out of your comfort-zone and then you maybe panic and mess things up
- it's basically insecurity, holding on too tightly to walls and insecurity and comfort-zone.
- masks, walls, barriers.

1. What is the message - The Magician
About having mastered all different aspect of himself: emotionally independent, inner strength, balance etc. As such he is in control of himself and his life. In short: someone who's empowered.

2. The significance of the card - Seven of Pentacles
Could be you're holding back a bit, waiting for something to develop, which can also be your heart opening more (which the next card seems to say as well). I get a sudden sense that you're waiting too much. Sometimes waiting can become a comfort-zone, waiting for the seeds to come to fruition an excuse to not act. I don't think the idea is to jump into a relationship or take action towards your ex. The action concerns inner processes --> Make a clear decision what it is you want, regardless of what his next move will be and regardless of what the outcome will be (we never know, do we, but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith, or not and walk away from a situation). So decide what it is you want with him. That is the action I mean and will serve you better than waiting for what he is going to do or wants with you. That would make you dependent on him and you'd give all your power (Magician) away to him. Don't!
If you decide to go for it, great, then be patient, but hold on to your own things and power. Do not make yourself emotionally dependent on him.
If you decide to not go for it, know you are strong enough to handle that (Knight of Pentacle) and have plenty of options in life. (Knight of Pentacles)

3. What is blocking me - Page of Cups
You're cut off (cutting yourself off?) from your intuition and inner knowing.

4. What can I do to better understand the message? Knight of Pentacles
Trust your inner strength enough to the point you know that you got you no matter what happens. If you can do that, you can be flexible, it will free you up so your inner guidance will flow (Page of Cups) and then you can make the right decisions for you.

5. How can I unblock obstacles to better understand? Ace of Swords
Is about clarity, but also about keeping to your own ideals, your own standards. So again, get clarity and decide what you truly want with this man and do not lower your standards just to make something work.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:44 PM
Experiencer
Thanks everyone. I think it makes sense now. These all really helped.

It's absolutely correct that i'm probably too emotionally involved - I also keep thinking the same thing in the past will repeat itself (old fears). I tend to overthink things way too much but Ace of Swords completely makes sense that I need to get to the bottom of things.

Not sure how it ties in, but I have gotten Strength for how he feels about me in particular. Temperance has followed this. I wonder if maybe he's holding back because the time isn't right?
Or maybe it's reiterating what the other cards said - let go and stop clinging onto the physical wanting :)