Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 19-12-2012, 06:12 AM

Love & Online dating? Interfering with fate?

I'm a young guy in college. I am quite mature for my age and very spiritual. Although these are good qualities, it makes it hard for me to find people to relate to... even harder to find people to date...

In the past I have used online dating to find the right people for me. Websites with questions, matching formulas have been extremely helpful to weed out women who are drinkers, partiers, close-minded, etc. I've been single for a while and haven't made any decisions about dating... my last relationship, we met at work and she happened to have most of the qualities I typically look for... after about a year it turned out to not work out and that's okay. But now I'm single again (been single over half a year) and wondering what's next?

Online dating has been effective with finding compatible partners but what does that mean for my faith? Or the law of attraction? Does that interfere with fate/God's plan/divine time/etc...etc...?

Your thoughts are very welcome, thank you!
Old 19-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Master

Absolutely fine in my book. It's just using modern methods of the old-fashioned way that a friend would introduce you to someone. You could argue that fate may well bring you the necessary meeting with your life-partner / soul mate - or you could find that you meet someone outside a dating site. All fine.

As for LOA - well it is sending a clear signal to the universe that this is what you want.

Go for it and all the best.
Old 19-12-2012, 07:23 PM

Thanks for your reply, Bella. I do agree that in terms of LOA it's definitely putting it out there what you want...
Old 20-12-2012, 07:00 AM
LadyImpreza1111

Actually, that does work with the laws of attraction. What kind of attitude you put out to the universe comes back to you sometimes in the people you attract-those that will teach you best. Sometimes fate puts people in your path for a reason. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are meant to be in your life long-term though. So if you want to consider internet dating, don't necessarily go into it looking to meet "The One." You might let yourself down with those kind of expectations.
Old 20-12-2012, 10:27 PM

Thanks for your reply, you had some good points...I appreciate that!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Just to update on what I decided to do about this... I made an online dating profile and kept it for about a week. I received messages daily, which made me feel good and helped my confidence. However, I didn't message many people first and didn't reply to all the messages sent to me. I didn't really feel a pull or much of an interest in the people on the site. After a short vacation last week, I realized that I'd rather meet someone in person rather than sifting through online profiles. I've disabled that account and grateful that I did "put it out there" that I'd like to meet someone... however, I'd like to meet that person like I met my last girlfriend. Right place, right time, etc. I trust in God that the right person is there and I will meet them when the time is right.