Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 06-10-2017, 01:29 AM
Guide
Do you believe certain people are meant to be alone?

I'm just wondering if that was what this soul signed up for, or if my karmic cords demand my solitude in this lifetime!

I've never dated the same person twice, and if you lined up my relationships, not one pair of persons would denote I am attracted to a certain type! I'm wondering, because people I've known in all my years say they're meant to be single, then they've suddenly met someone shortly after the declaration. But, I have never felt like any relationship was the one, even the shy-of-a-decade marriage that ended a while ago...I've been single for three years now and haven't dated in that time, haven't wanted to as I worked on myself.

I wonder if maybe I'm just not meant to be with anyone in this life! Even my dreams for after the kids graduate and move on with their own lives are me doing things alone.

I'm just becoming quite lonely lately, sometimes painfully so, and wonder if all the failed relationships at different points of learning and life just mean that I'm destined to make this a happy life with my perfect partner...myself :p (joke)!

Does anyone know anyone who is happily living a life alone? And what they've said about it in regards to their choice?
Old 06-10-2017, 02:03 AM
Master
All I can say is I've always felt that there's someone out there in this world for everyone. ....but it takes finding them and that can be hard....especially if you're not putting yourself out there!

And life is too short to spend it in an unhappy relationship.....and too long to spend it alone!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 06-10-2017, 02:36 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
And life is too short to spend it in an unhappy relationship.....and too long to spend it alone!

Thanks for your reply! I figured since the relationships haven't been the best (but not always bad), maybe alone was the only logical response

I think it comes down to my grandmother, woman is strrrong and has been alone for as long as I can remember...except that one relationship for three months when I was 18 (as far as I know, we just talked about it a couple weeks ago), but other than that she's been going it alone so I figured some people were possibly just meant to be.

Karma, or soul contract, or even that point in a soul's reincarnation cycle, whichever you believe, can cause a person to remain alone in a lifetime. Does that make sense?
Old 06-10-2017, 02:50 AM
Guide
I realize this may sound like I'm trying to make YOU believe certain people are meant to be alone, I'm not, and there is always the hope that there is someone for everyone :) Just mainly wondering if there is anyone else in the camp of perpetual solitude and how it's worked out for them/their loved one!
Old 06-10-2017, 05:37 AM
Master
Perhaps some are meant to be alone because they are destine for other things in life. And a relationship would be more of a distraction for them.

I've been alone for a very long time. No friends, no serious relationships. So i often think the same things of myself.

Quote:
Does anyone know anyone who is happily living a life alone?

Yes, me. And i'm blessed to live such a beautiful life.

Maybe you're not as alone as you think you are.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Lorelyen

Though I currently have a bf I feel destined to be alone. It doesn’t worry me now but how these things may change over time I can’t tell. Until college I’d worry about “being left on the shelf”; but now I don’t see it that way. I'm too much of a free spirit.

I’ve always been independent – thank my early years for that – am self-employed and have a few real friends, happy to be dissolved in a sea of faces at times, others in the intimacy of those friends, others just being alone. How I’ll become late in life I don’t know. I look at elderly couples who have gone through love and life, worked through their differences and got so used to each other that they’re inseperable, at peace with each other. I sometimes wish I'll one day be among them...saddening to think one reaches old age companionless but....we'll have to see how things pan out.

I came to realise that we all stand alone anyway despite pumping so much into romance and relationships and mutual love – yes we can have these things but we cannot enter each others’ beings. There’ll be a few here dispute that but it’s how it is. We are alone. Nature wants us to mate. Around that we've built all kinds of rituals and behaviours to convince ourselves that we become some deeper part of another's being.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Deactivated Account
From my own perspective I'm gonna have to say yes, some people are forced to be lonely for some reason. But what angers me the most is that all those arrogant douchebags who go over dead bodies are given everything for free in life.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
From my own perspective I'm gonna have to say yes, some people are forced to be lonely for some reason. But what angers me the most is that all those arrogant douchebags who go over dead bodies are given everything for free in life.
this would require some explanation for me to make sense of it.
one thing that seems apparent from reading your thoughts is the
idea that there is an entity of some sort which is empowered to
'force' some people into certain experiences, and/or to reward
others with 'everything' according to its discretion.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:52 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
this would require some explanation for me to make sense of it.
one thing that seems apparent from reading your thoughts is the
idea that there is an entity of some sort which is empowered to
'force' some people into certain experiences, and/or to reward
others with 'everything' according to its discretion.

You came pretty close, but it's more like some higher power playing favoritism with people by blessing one and completely ignoring the other. But what I was trying to say, it makes no sense for some people to be lonely who crave to have someone important in life while abusive husbands/wives and cheaters who act like spoiled brats have no trouble getting into relationships. But sadly that's reality from my perspective, so I say yes to the OP's question. Some people are indeed meant to be alone.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Perhaps some are meant to be alone because they are destine for other things in life. And a relationship would be more of a distraction for them.

I can see that, as many feel stagnate and unallowed to grow while they're in a relationship, mostly out of fear that the other person won't love them anymore. Not every pair grows at the same pace, and sometimes not at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I came to realise that we all stand alone anyway despite pumping so much into romance and relationships and mutual love – yes we can have these things but we cannot enter each others’ beings. There’ll be a few here dispute that but it’s how it is. We are alone. Nature wants us to mate. Around that we've built all kinds of rituals and behaviours to convince ourselves that we become some deeper part of another's being.

Oh, I won't dispute with you on this one, I've voiced my opinion before on this on that one thread (I think you were the one who stood on my side, even!)...I just think there is so much pressure to pair up that it distracts us from growing as individuals. Relationships aren't all bad, and can help in a phase of your growth, but this forced mating/pairing ritual meant to tie individuals together has caused more problems for growth than good in MANY CASES, NOT ALL!

In my opinion, forcing us to bring expectations of forever into a relationship that should only be used as a lesson, especially out of fear of being alone, has ruined what a relationship is supposed to be.

Thanks y'all for sharing your perspectives, this time we live in now is awesome for finding people who feel the same yet can also make you think of other angles!