Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 23-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Newbie ;)

Recently bonded with and then purchased my first pendulum,

It's a beautiful yellow moonstone. I went to a store near where I live and this was the only one that stuck out to me; I feel very connected to it -- it even vibrates in my hand quite often when I pick it up. It's highly responsive to me.
Before I had purchased it, though, I ordered a clear quartz one on Etsy. I had forgotten I made the order. And it arrived just after I bought my moonstone one. As soon as I opened the package it was in, I felt a wave of sadness and guilt suddenly wash over me. And zero connection was established. I haven't touched it since. This may sound silly, but I feel as if I almost betrayed the connection I had solidified with my moonstone pendulum. And my reaction to the clear quartz, which I now don't believe to be an authentic crystal, was overwhelming. I couldn't shake the feeling.
Any insight?
Old 24-02-2016, 01:58 AM
Guide
xome, some tools just resonate with you and some don't. This usually happens when you buy online because you can't hold it in your hand or be drawn to it. Don't forget to cleanse and charge them. Oh and the quartz is an amplifier crystal, so it still has some use.
Old 18-03-2016, 11:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Omg I just got my first one too!!!! I just love it!!!! I can't keep it out of my hand, its a a jade looking one- not sure of the type rock tho. I even named it , and it said it liked the name. Every time I ask if its my higher self it says yes.
Old 19-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Seeker

I had a snowflake obsidian for a while, it was a crystal that I had, and I made it into a pendulum. Although it worked well enough, I didn't feel any particular affinity with it. Recently I bought a selection of crystals on line, not intending to use them for a particular purpose, although they were all drilled for pendants etc., but when they arrived, as soon as I unpacked them, a particular crystal, an epidote, 'jumped' out at me as being a pendulum. I attached it to a 'gold' chain with an agate bead, and it's just wonderful. I love it to bits, and we get on just fine. So, I guess we just go with the flow, and we know when it's right.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Master
I'm a complete newbie to devineing with a pendulum. .....about two weeks ago....a very psychic friend of mine who knows my interest in the tarot suggested I give it a try on some very concerning issues I'm having....she
gave me some detailed instructions including an

opening mantra to prepare the session. ....

Interestingly. ...she told me you don't need anything in particular to make a perfectly functional pendulum. ....just a weight and a string.....but she did say that making it from something that I feel connected with on some level help channel your thoughts and energy into the session.

So.....my new pendulum. .....I have an old and very cool looking arrowhead I found out in the wilds of southwest Texas on a hunting trip.....its some sort of striped and variegated stone......

I attached a short length of very thin leather string to it....asked it what swings indicsted yes an no.and got down to business. .....said an opening prayer and asked fo true and correct answers to things that are troubling me....

Its absolutely amazing! .....this thing hasn't been wrong not once!
Old 06-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Deactivated Account

Wow, sounds like you are indeed a Lucky 1 !

I think I need to take a trip out to Texas and find me a pendulum like yours .....

one that is never wrong, lol !
Old 06-06-2016, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Wow, sounds like you are indeed a Lucky 1 !

I think I need to take a trip out to Texas and find me a pendulum like yours .....

one that is never wrong, lol !

Well it hasn't been wrong yet.....maybe I'm just asking easy questions???LOL!...

there are a few questions that I've gotten yes answers for that I wont know if its correct for possibly several years....one question in particular that I get a strong yes for....well...frankly I am having a hard time believing that it will come to pass...logically its just not likely....but my pendulum tells me that yes...it will....so..we'll see.....

There are in fact any number of places in Texas where finding arrowheads is possible...even easy if you're really looking.....often they are chipped or broken though...or fragments....I got very lucky indeed finding one intact
Old 06-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Deactivated Account

hmmm, maybe it is the questions I am asking ? lol ......I will try some easier ones then.

I am guessing that you have written down the questions you are waiting ... for the answers to ? so that you don't forget what they were ? don't you just hate the waiting ....especially if it is going to take maybe years ? that would drive me crazy !!

actually chances of my visiting Texas to look for arrowheads is slim to none.... this I know without asking my pendulum. just making conversation, but thanks !
Old 06-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
hmmm, maybe it is the questions I am asking ? lol ......I will try some easier ones then.

I am guessing that you have written down the questions you are waiting ... for the answers to ? so that you don't forget what they were ? don't you just hate the waiting ....especially if it is going to take maybe years ? that would drive me crazy !!

actually chances of my visiting Texas to look for arrowheads is slim to none.... this I know without asking my pendulum. just making conversation, but thanks !

The one question that's a really burning one for me.....No need to write it down...I wont forget! It is something that I just don't see as possible....but my pendulum has repeatedly said yes...it is going to happen....a few years down the road.....I'll believe it when I it happens....just...not likely!

If you came to Texas, you would like it here....its a huge place with many open areas that the spiritual energy runs deep....you can just feel it!

Something I could talk about...its a sense I've had since childhood...and I bet that somewhere there's a thread for this somewhere on this site....is being sensitive to the energy of "places"

Everywhere I go....I can almost always feel the energy of that place....some places feel kinda neutral.....not much there...other places, the feel is so strong that its overpowering or even upsetting....

As far as Texas.....I defy anyone with even a mild sense for spiritual energy to go to say the Caprock...a vast high desert area with a gorge almost rivaling the Grand Canyon in north Texas....Or go to the San Jacinto Battle ground east of Houston Texas....and not feel the immensity of it....
Old 06-06-2016, 07:29 PM
Deactivated Account

I guess you would remember such an event happening then, no need to write it down !

Sounds like an excellent topic....sensitive to the energy of places.