Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 25-08-2013, 09:13 AM
Master
Can both the God and the I exist simultaneously?

Many people claim that reality is only and nothing but the "I". Which is the general gist of Hinduism and Buddhism. My question is; can or does The God exist as well? I'm talking about the EXTERNAL God. The HIGHER God. The God who is not *just* "I".

For a real God to exist He would have to exist alongside the "I"; as a reality separate from and independent of the "I".

Is this possible? This is what the Abrahamic Religions suggest; that it is possible. I'm not so sure what the Eastern Religions suggest......

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Master

Who can answer your question better than someone whose location is God's House? You are right there, man.
Old 25-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Neville

Can both the God and the I exist simultaneously?

Hello Honza,

As far as I can gather they apparently already do ,have done and continue to exist(coexist) simultaneously, the "I" being as it is, a product of that external creative power that some people see as God.
Old 29-09-2013, 08:23 AM
munched

Dear Honza,
Could you kindly provide your definition of God. At least some attributes that you think make up the God?
In my definition of God - there's no external or internal God; there's no higher or lower God. There's one Absolute, omnipresent, the infinite. If I add 1 ("I" or myself) to infinite, it would still remain infinite. If i remove 1, it would still remain infinite. Even if I could remove infinite from it, it would still remain infinite. That's an Absolute and yes, my mere presence doesn't preclude Absolute's existence.
Old 19-10-2013, 04:37 PM
chaitanyaram

Dear Honza,

some good answers already. I think we experience many tiny selves, our own selves, and we are not the Supreme Controllers or Creators. Another Being has that position. Thus I think we see pragmatically, that yes, there are two Selves, our own tiny self, who is very obviously dependent on the Higher Self.

The Vedic mantra is "nityo nityananam cetanas cetananam" "The one Supreme consciousness is maintaining the many small conscious sparks"

vedabase. net or stephen-knapp .com are great resource sites.

Also in Google books, you may want to look at "Philosophy of Madhva", by BNK Sharma.
Old 19-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Many people claim that reality is only and nothing but the "I". Which is the general gist of Hinduism and Buddhism. My question is; can or does The God exist as well? I'm talking about the EXTERNAL God. The HIGHER God. The God who is not *just* "I".

For a real God to exist He would have to exist alongside the "I"; as a reality separate from and independent of the "I".

Is this possible? This is what the Abrahamic Religions suggest; that it is possible. I'm not so sure what the Eastern Religions suggest......

The I is god and god is I. There is only One, as there is nothing outside of what is called god.
Sorry, didn't realize this was posted in what is called Hinduism, and I have no Idea about Hinduism.
My post can be deleted.
Old 19-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by munched
Dear Honza,
Could you kindly provide your definition of God. At least some attributes that you think make up the God?
In my definition of God - there's no external or internal God; there's no higher or lower God. There's one Absolute, omnipresent, the infinite. If I add 1 ("I" or myself) to infinite, it would still remain infinite. If i remove 1, it would still remain infinite. Even if I could remove infinite from it, it would still remain infinite. That's an Absolute and yes, my mere presence doesn't preclude Absolute's existence.

That is a good definition of God that you have. I'll go along with that. However my own personal experience is of two separate entities - The God and The I.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Experiencer

For me me I am the absolute, higher, ultimate God/Goddess. All is One. Everyone is God. Everyone is Me. At the same time God is utterly "other" than me. Thus I am other to myself. God is both inner and outer and above all completely superficial. Even my ego is God. I am beyond God. Even though I am God this is the beginning not the end of the inquiry.

God as the "father" is an impersonal life force. But God, the Son, the Christ consciousness, is the personal aspect of God who we can relate to on a personal level.

I am both God and not-god. I am Christ. I am Satan. The God that I-am-not wants me to realize that I am God.
Old 20-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Master

Quote:
..... However my own personal experience is of two separate entities - The God and The I.
You have answered your title question all by yourself.
Old 24-10-2013, 01:02 AM
MGazonda

Quote:

It depends on your definitions of "I", and "God". From my understanding, the idea is that separate definitions of "I" and "God" are due to our illusion of separation.

Quote:

What do you mean by "real"?
What do you mean by "exist"?
Why does there have to be separation?
If there is truly separation, how could the separate beings of "I" and God" ever communicate or experience each other?

Quote:

Your experience of life is there for you to find the answers you seek. Sacred texts can be useful, but the ultimate sacred text is your own life.