Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Suspended
Seeker

In terms to human intervention, it takes time and tradition to see the new found addition to become of the addition to the human beeeing that we are, IT really is just by means another step and term to find oneself throughout all the wild forest of the world that conclude itself to have such so many knowledge of who we are, but at the same time does not include the funtion that is necessary to become you,.. The Human being.

This fault lies in not being reReminded of who.. So we as To Them that do, waltz around without knowing and finding themselves... All spirituality is to help befit and benefit ourselves to find the true human form, the you without the copnclusion of ego term and hatred of itself... To Do and not to consider things as is was and have been, to get and give to come to break through and find yourself too. There are and iS many things life can bring you through, but if i wish for you,.. it is to become human too, rather then monsterouse creatures of the night or day too, Either Way, WE can come, and by we i mean you all, can come to this place too, if you but choose..

Humility works at the center of the heart, it is , he who takes care of his human spirit, takes care of the spirit of the WORlD

24 Cents, MiNart MarTIn YOU.n.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:06 AM
Eelco

Been navigating the waters of spiritual conversation.
What a useless endeavour that turned out to be.
I am actually gobsmacked by the way some spiritual mature folk will aperrantly use the same emotional response as any human would and somehow call it coming from a spiritual understanding, whilst retorting with the same kind of emotional charged words is seen as childish immature acting out.

If this is what it means to be spiritual. I will gladly remain an animal.

With Love
Eelco
Old 10-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Been navigating the waters of spiritual conversation.
What a useless endeavour that turned out to be.
I am actually gobsmacked by the way some spiritual mature folk will aperrantly use the same emotional response as any human would and somehow call it coming from a spiritual understanding, whilst retorting with the same kind of emotional charged words is seen as childish immature acting out.

If this is what it means to be spiritual. I will gladly remain an animal.

With Love
Eelco

Your right. I am listening to you more closely now.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Eelco

Could we keep the insults contained in just the one thread please?
Thank you..

With Love
Eelco
Old 10-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Could we keep the insults contained in just the one thread please?
Thank you..

With Love
Eelco

I am listening to you now. Ok I can do.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I am listening to you now. Ok I can do.

Thank you.
I have nothing more to say to you though.

Perhaps you could share your views about what you think happens to a humans humanity when he or she develops spiritually, That was the question posed. I don't necessarily see it change. On the contrary in fact.

With Love
Eelco
Old 10-04-2018, 12:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you.
I have nothing more to say to you though.

Perhaps you could share your views about what you think happens to a humans humanity when he or she develops spiritually, That was the question posed. I don't necessarily see it change. On the contrary in fact.

With Love
Eelco

Lots happens. Change, shifts and all kinds of things, new awareness, wisdom grows, you can worry and stress less, you can become more compassionate, learn new things, new tricks..

I am not the same person I was when I started seeking who set out to find something I didn't know I was looking for.

When I came face to face with myself, I knew then of course.

I go through the deepest transmutation process to clear out the old stuff for good so for me change is really quite dramatic, I do literally transform myself in everyway I can. I don't do things in half measures. I wish I could sometimes, because often in this way its like rebirthing every trans I have. It can be quite the stream of change in this way. Not for the faint hearted by any means.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Eelco

So why do people go in search for truth?
  1. One reason I see is that people hear about a wondrous world outside our normal sensory reality and go in search of wonder.
  2. Another may be the search for a relief from the suffering which comes in life.
  3. Some may have an experience they cannot explain and go looking for an explanation.
Thereś probably a few more. Now I wonder. The search brings an understanding, but could it be that the understanding that is desired blanket's honest experience?

If one looks at the 4 noble truth's as explained by the Buddha for instance.

The first one is that life is dukkha. Which is often translated as suffering, but could also be explained as stressful.
So life is stressful. period.
Then he says that this stress is entirely causal. So we have a way through our actions to relief the stress experienced.
The last 2 of the set are his realizations that stress can cease. and that there is a path or way through which everyone can come to that path.

That is quite the statement. How this feels however. How stressful the path to enlightenment really is is exemplified by the stories of his life and the mahakulpa's in time he spend looking for this realization.
It took countless maha Kulpa's. 1 mahakulpa is the time it takes for a bird with a silk scar to wear down the mount everest through erosion if he only flies by once every century.

Of course the mahakulpa is a symbol for timelessness. That said.
I fear most spiritual seekers live from some spiritual belief construct resembling how they envision what life would be like as an enlightened being.

Since enlightenment is the cessation of stress i fear many just won acknowledge the stress they have in lieu of living a "false" spiritual life.

This new spiritual light person however takes what is valuable to a human to slowly "learn" the lessons that need to be learned and throws it out unacknowledged as valuable. Trying to preach the newfound "false sense" of light and dhukka-freedom the light will express his or herself as an experiencer, whilst his or her actions tell a different story.

This in-congruency is mind-boggling to me.
I find it difficult to point it out to people, maybe I shouldn't then, but many a seeker has fallen into the hands of "false" prophets.

With Love
Eelco
Old 10-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Master
I think there are a handful of key watershed moments in human development when we develop spiritually. As Eelco notes above, there may be a precipitating cause or something that kicks off the journey in earnest, and/or perhaps it is just the next leg of the journey you are already on, and now you're strong enough and ready to take that next step toward greater awareness.

Initially, we become aware of interbeing and we expand in lovingkindness. We learn to appreciate kindness and the presence of love and kindness in our lives. This stage can go back and forth for awhile. It may last all our lives or many lives.

We take ownership and care for our intent/thought/word and deed and the impact of any one of these on others...this next stage is extremely difficult. May take one or more lives...perhaps too many to count.

Then we begin the stage of integrating and living from centre in lovingkindness and equanimity. Under this stage we are transformed. Living from a heart-led consciousness with awakened mind in service to heart, there is a calm and a continuity and a connection in the interbeing of all that is. We are spontaneously motivated to develop many gifts in order to live and do more skillfully.

Then, we may recall past lives and may even perceive the thread or pattern woven among them. Perhaps too we apprehend or realise far more deeply and broadly one or more of the guiding themes for this incarnation. We may consciously work on healing and reconciliation in our lives in a variety of ways, if we have not already been doing so. But much of the recall requires persistence and commitment...this part is very hard. Taking ownership of all that is requires strength. But the drive for reconciliation in authentic love, for living in authentic love, for living in alignment with who we are at centre, is stronger. it is who we are at centre, and it is what is.

These [very broad] stages are overlapping. As we move from one to another, we don't leave the others behind. Rather we bring them with us wherever we are. Thus the same challenges will always be present, both internally and also externally within our communities.

There will always be a need for boundaries, restraint, discipline, and courtesy -- and there will always be those persons, groups, nations, etc., who strive to manipulate, invade, or abrogate boundaries in their own quest for power, control, wealth, indulgence of lusts, etc...to pacify their existential and perceived fears and need to control or dominate. This eternal necessity is an outcome of the fact that folks are on different journeys and move in their own ways. The idea is that as we grow spriritually, there will be ever more skillful ways to manage the most hostile, aggressive, invasive, violating, and/or destructive of these elements. With lovingkindness and equanimity, for the highest good of all, equally.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 10-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
The idea is that as we grow spriritually, there will be ever more skillful ways to manage the most hostile, aggressive, invasive, violating, and/or destructive of these elements.

Peace & blessings
7L

I agree, however that is not what I see when i look around.
As soon as someones belief system is challenged, or questions I see people ignoring the questions, behave or say not so skillfully in pointing to where the problem comes from.

Take a real life example.
I work with mentally challenged often violent autistic people.
I always give them a first hit. because I know that impulse control is a challenge and if I take the hit, stand my ground and repeat whatever I had to say or ask. the chances of the violence to stop and be heard. (Even though what I say is often not what that person wants to hear because ... society) has a better success rate than pressing my alarm button and jump the poor man or woman with 4 to 6 colleagues.

For me thatś is what my spiritual side has thought me. I will neither ask nor expect my colleagues to do the same, because getting hit sucks big time every time.

I'll stop tooting my own horn now.
This was said as an example..

To me that's what spiritual growth can lead to. Not the spiritual moral high trip many seem to embody when they talk spiritual shop.

With Love
Eelco