Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow

Wowzers that is impressive, makes my little garden very miniscule in comparison. I am growing enough to share with my little network of family and loved ones, healers and artist friends who all contribute and give to the community in some way. You have me thinking, I have a back block behind my house that could well be a little community project to get it up and running as a vegie garden. Its been on my mind and I am sure I could rally a few helpers to get it up and going.

Here's someone you may find very interesting! This year I'm building much of the infrastructure that I'll be working with for years to come. Establishing a good system is critically important since I plan on keeping this a one or two person operation. In terms of "structural" I'm closely following Curtis Stone. He calls himself the Urban Farmer, with the core of his work being done in his front and back yard, and another town plot without a home on it. He's lives in British Colombia and contends with a variety of weather scenarios. Here's the link to his youtube presence: https://www.youtube.com/user/urbanfarmercstone He posts new videos on a daily basis and is wonderfully forthcoming with what he's experiencing. He's creating enough produce on these small properties to make around 100,000 dollars a year. The guy is an observational genius! You may find some resonance for your own situation in his approach!

For plant nutrition I'm leaning heavily into Elaine Ingham's teachings. Just copy and paste her name into youtube and follow the links for her lectures. I bought a $350 microscope to track the microbial health of our soil based on her insights.

There are several other folks that I'm following, for various reasons, but these two came to mind as I was reading your post.

One thing that anyone can do very quickly and easily is to grow microgreens for themselves. Just youtube "microgreens" if you're not already familiar with the term. I'm using Chris Stones methods but there are numerous other options. And you don't have to buy bulk seeds from a website or farm store. I'm using seeds out of the bins from the local health food store. Yesterday I bought 2 pounds of lentils which should make around 10 trays (10 x 20 inch) of microgreens. I've been germinating many other seeds from the grocery store that are still in their whole form and I'm getting close to a 10O% germinations. Most are ready for eating in around 11 days to two weeks. I put them in my smoothies. :)

I encourage you to see what you can do with that ready-to-serve-you plot of land! We are all needing healthier foods, grown locally, and with a discerning eye for nutritional quality! :)
Old 11-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Here's someone you may find very interesting! This year I'm building much of the infrastructure that I'll be working with for years to come. Establishing a good system is critically important since I plan on keeping this a one or two person operation. In terms of "structural" I'm closely following Curtis Stone. He calls himself the Urban Farmer, with the core of his work being done in his front and back yard, and another town plot without a home on it. He's lives in British Colombia and contends with a variety of weather scenarios. Here's the link to his youtube presence: https://www.youtube.com/user/urbanfarmercstone He posts new videos on a daily basis and is wonderfully forthcoming with what he's experiencing. He's creating enough produce on these small properties to make around 100,000 dollars a year. The guy is an observational genius! You may find some resonance for your own situation in his approach!

For plant nutrition I'm leaning heavily into Elaine Ingham's teachings. Just copy and paste her name into youtube and follow the links for her lectures. I bought a $350 microscope to track the microbial health of our soil based on her insights.

There are several other folks that I'm following, for various reasons, but these two came to mind as I was reading your post.

One thing that anyone can do very quickly and easily is to grow microgreens for themselves. Just youtube "microgreens" if you're not already familiar with the term. I'm using Chris Stones methods but there are numerous other options. And you don't have to buy bulk seeds from a website or farm store. I'm using seeds out of the bins from the local health food store. Yesterday I bought 2 pounds of lentils which should make around 10 trays (10 x 20 inch) of microgreens. I've been germinating many other seeds from the grocery store that are still in their whole form and I'm getting close to a 10O% germinations. Most are ready for eating in around 11 days to two weeks. I put them in my smoothies. :)

I encourage you to see what you can do with that ready-to-serve-you plot of land! We are all needing healthier foods, grown locally, and with a discerning eye for nutritional quality! :)

Thankyou for the info, great stuff.

Germinating seeds is something I recently started becoming aware of, have experimented with broccoli and chickpeas quite successfully. I am really interested in plant health and healthy soil so thankyou for that info too. Will look into both you mentioned and do some more of my own research.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 16-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Master
I can’t blow my own horn. A bunch of people came before me in these involvements, explorations, “Ways”… some of them wrote books, articles, gave talks & workshops. Hey, I give credit to all those notable ‘inspirational pioneers’ back in my hippie uncle’s day: Ruth Stout, J.I. Rodale, Robert Rodale, Helen Nearing, Gary Snyder, Masanobu Fukuoka, Peter Tompkins, and many others. (To name just a few of those well-known in North America.)

But I feel like a member of this hands-on bunch who are posting on this thread. So, hello, hello…

Worked on orchards as a young teen. Went camping, hiking, canoeing. Invested in a small, cheap, rocky piece of land as a young adult. Learned a range of marketable skills to pay for needed shelter, equipment, and time to involve myself more in the soil. I’ve been growing sizeable garden patches, fruit trees, vines, shade & shelter trees since then. Eating well. I’ve learned from direct personal experience and from other people who’ve been into it, in some cases for longer than I. And now I’ve been ‘hands-on in the soil’ on a succession of two properties for over twenty years, with forest all around, a multitude of very wild animals, a river bank a five-minute walk away. In Canada, north of east Washington, west Idaho.

So it’s wonderful to join on this thread with my kindred spirits. !!!
Old 18-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Master

Well I'm the reluctant healthy person. I loved my processed and junk food very much, thank you. But in 2012 I developed West Nile Meningitis and thus my immune system went on the funk and I developed celiac disease (wheat, rye, barley) which also includes corn because of it. So I had to learn to eat all over again over the next 2 years which in itself was a very traumatic experience.

In my new journey, I learned that almost all autoimmune disease are caused from a bad diet and eating processed foods. Cancers too.

Now that my diet is healthy and made from scratch every single meal, I would never turn back to my old and wicked ways.

But growing old is not for the faint of heart. I am 64 almost 65 and that nasty case of Meningitis has wrecked havoc on my spine. I am always looking for a natural alternative to pain medication just so I can stand up and walk. I am waiting until I turn 65 next July and will qualify for Medicare (government health insurance in the U.S.) to have some serious surgeries done to give me a better quality of life. If I had said surgeries done now I would have to pay a $6,000 deductible before my insurance kicked in.

So I just wanted to clarify that just because you start eating healthy organic, non gmo non processed foods does not equate to better health/life.

Because the burdens we carry in this life are set there to help us grow spiritually. And so far, if I do say so myself, I'm right on track.

As for dissecting my thoughts: I don't. I do not worry about what goes in my head or what goes out. I will not be unkind to myself for what goes through my head. That's the human part of me and has been with me since I was born.

My goal is to "do no harm" to another. When I get a bad thought in my head (judge another person) I just turn it around and say "that person living the human dream". And then that judgmental/human part of me says, "Okay, thanks for the reminder."

For me, I'm not really bright, by the way, I live on my instincts rather than my intelligence. I figure things (life) will work out on their own without much help from me. The Ones who are running this show seem to know what they are doing and keep us up and running.

For example, have you ever really looked at a freeway? All those cars going at high speeds and a car crash is infrequent. Something or Someone is keeping us all safe behind the scenes invisible to the naked human eye. I see all of life that way! It's all around me! People not crashing into one another in one way or another. Old souls, young souls, middle age souls all mingling together, interacting with one another. I find it totally amazing.

Well, I was invited to view this thread and meant to only post a few paragraphs and look at me with diarrhea of the mouth. Hope I didn't go off-topic to much.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Master

I ordered and received the book Miracle Soul Healer. I think it was you, Tanemon, who suggested it but I'm not sure. It was someone on this thread, that I am sure. Anyway I want to say thank you. I am reading it and enjoying it very much.