Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-07-2012, 10:04 AM
res

questions for you life purpose/ karma believers

Hi all,

I was just wondering why life purpose/karmic people have the idea that as spirits we choose to adopt a body so that we can come here and experience different emotions in forms of lessons.

What i cant understand is why would we need a physical body to understand emotions that are not physical in nature to begin with?

Cant those in spirit form feel emotion or recognise it enough that they wouldnt need to get a body and suffer for the most part here on earth?

If there is a cosmic consciousness that all/most/some can access then why would there be a need to come here to learn lessons that are already known by those that have lived on earth throughout the ages?

To be honest i have spent many years living and studying both these concepts and think they are off the mark though i am open to being convinced otherwise if anyone has the right answers.
Old 20-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Quagmire

In my head right now it is quite simple but when I start to type the words does not seem to come as I wish them to. I think coming down here have something to do with the not remembering, which gives you a kind of blank canvas to work with and see thinks from an angle you might not do within all your knowledge. For the thing about emotions, them are we quite capable of sensing in the spirit world. I have many memories of massive outlets of emotions while being in the spirit world, plus my spirit guides and other spirits communicate to me through emotions, which would not be possible if the spirits could not feel, understand and recognize emotions.
Old 20-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Guide
From what I understand, it's akin to watching a movie or reading a book. You can read about it, but living through it gives one the full-immersion to fully get into it.

Also, pain and suffering is relative as well as an illusion. When one is fully in body, yes, you do "feel" more. Personally, emotions are physical, and alot of them associated with the disconnectedness/pain such as despair, one doesn't experience when connected to oneself, or all-oneness; to me at least, but that is how I experience them(emotions).

Quote:
What i cant understand is why would we need a physical body to understand emotions that are not physical in nature to begin with?
I don't think one does.

Quote:
Cant those in spirit form feel emotion or recognise it enough that they wouldnt need to get a body and suffer for the most part here on earth?
Each person has those things they'd like to accomplish, maybe yours is how to deal with emotions, IDK.

I'm not about suffering though, nor is a physical body necessary, but it does help to immerse oneself in the study to fully understand at an accelerated rate.

So say on the other side your job is to help those who suffer from depression, what better way to understand how to help others by experiencing and overcoming depression yourself. That way you can really put yourself in the other's shoes, and say, yes, I've been there and here's how to get better. It's not necessary, but sure helps.

Quote:
If there is a cosmic consciousness that all/most/some can access then why would there be a need to come here to learn lessons that are already known by those that have lived on earth throughout the ages?
I don't think there is a need so much as a desire.

Quote:
To be honest i have spent many years living and studying both these concepts and think they are off the mark though i am open to being convinced otherwise if anyone has the right answers.
I'm not interested in convincing you of anything, but I am interested in what you think as well.

I think that it shows your wisdom by questioning, studying, remain skeptical yet open.
All the best.
Old 20-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Ascender

All emotions do affect us physically. Which emotion would you say does not affect us physically? You can cause pleasure and pain through your human body. Both feelings result in powerful emotions. These feelings and emotions help steer us towards loving others, which is everyone's purpose of being created.
Old 21-07-2012, 12:04 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
All emotions do affect us physically. Which emotion would you say does not affect us physically? You can cause pleasure and pain through your human body. Both feelings result in powerful emotions. These feelings and emotions help steer us towards loving others, which is everyone's purpose of being created.

I do believe that emotions do manifest themselves in the body as illness and i agree. I suppose what i am getting at is if lessons of the mind can be learnt in what people call the heavens etc then there would be no need to come here with a life purpose of experiencing them on earth. The part that may not be able to be experienced in the etheric realm would be the physical pain that comes as a way to preserve the body in the material world. If the wisdom that is said to exist in the etherial realm actually is true then i tend to think they would have found a more effective way to learn lessons than to get a physical body to learn from suffering.... maybe?
Old 21-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
Hi all,

I was just wondering why life purpose/karmic people have the idea that as spirits we choose to adopt a body so that we can come here and experience different emotions in forms of lessons.

:

I think perhaps you ignore the most important part.

It's more about what we create through thought-action that matters,
and illustrates our understanding.
Rather than what emotions we experience. Though dealing with emotions is a factor in behavior.

Granted ,we learn through our interactions, experiences (and very often with the same "cast") but our behavior is what illustrates our grasp of life principles.

Also earth allows quite a lot of fun,joy,pleasure ,and the opportunity to help others along the way.

WHY it was set up this way, someone lots smarter may know.
Many many instruction manuals have been written, and they all contain part of the answer, I expect. Written for varied cultures, time periods.
Old 21-07-2012, 06:11 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I do believe that emotions do manifest themselves in the body as illness and i agree.

Not only illness. What effects does happiness have on the body? What effects does feeling pleasure have on the body? Can they be given to other people with loving intentions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
I suppose what i am getting at is if lessons of the mind can be learnt in what people call the heavens etc then there would be no need to come here with a life purpose of experiencing them on earth.

Its not only lessons of the mind on earth. You get to do lessons of the physical body too. What can you physically give to other people and what does it cause them to feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
If the wisdom that is said to exist in the etherial realm actually is true then i tend to think they would have found a more effective way to learn lessons than to get a physical body to learn from suffering.... maybe?

Physical pleasure can't be felt in the spiritual world either. When you give someone a loving hug, what does that cause? Do you enjoy life as a human and what aspects of life do you enjoy? Is not not a nice experience to be living as a human on earth? There are certainly many things that are possible with a human body on earth that are not possible in the spiritual world.
Old 21-07-2012, 08:33 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
From what I understand, it's akin to watching a movie or reading a book. You can read about it, but living through it gives one the full-immersion to fully get into it.

I'm not interested in convincing you of anything, but I am interested in what you think as well.

I think that it shows your wisdom by questioning, studying, remain skeptical yet open.
All the best.

Thanks for your kind words blacksheep.

Damn if i had of had a choice to watch a movie about child abuse rather than be subjected to the experience myself i know what i would have chosen. A movie may not have left me with so much anger that i took out on so many people during my life. If it was a lesson then it wasnt at all constructive in the larger scheme of things. It did make me protective and aware of the issue though if i seen someone abusing a child i would probably end up in jail for assult or manslaughter. I fail to see the positive in the experience and i wont consider there is any, i know you would understand **. Give me a movie anyday...There would be many producers in the etheric realm and i am suprised they havent thought of making instructional dvd by now. Maybe there was no intention by any party for this to happen as they could all well know the horror of suffering this type of abuse and not condone it at all on any level. Could it just be human nature and an unbalance of the basic programming of the human mind to need to reproduce. A fault in someones wiring, a condition of the imperfection that makes us human maybe?

Im sure my thoughts will come through, though i do have more questions than answers at the moment.
Old 21-07-2012, 09:52 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Granted ,we learn through our interactions, experiences (and very often with the same "cast") but our behavior is what illustrates our grasp of life principles.

WHY it was set up this way, someone lots smarter may know.
Many many instruction manuals have been written, and they all contain part of the answer, I expect. Written for varied cultures, time periods.

Gday Henri77, May i ask if you are more of the karmic way or life purpose way of thinking? Could i say from life purpose point of view some uneducated soul decides one day that he wants to understand what it feels like to be abused. Did some other soul mention a rumor she heard in passing and it sounded interesting enough or did the soul know exactly what he was getting into when agreeing to suffer on earth. If he did know then he must have had an understanding enough to make the decision to accept the abuse. Since he had an understanding why the need to carry it out in the physical realm unless he was nieve and accepted the lifetime without a clue?

Im not convinced that the person who apparently set this up actually "knows" the truth, given that they are of this physical realm also and rely on altered states of consciousness for inspiration. I think smart people think too much and make matters more complex that what they have to be...maybe someone less smart may know the truth... maybe the truth can be seen in our childrens innocence and how much suffering each innocent souls deserves to have inflicted on them.
Old 21-07-2012, 10:49 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
Not only illness. What effects does happiness have on the body? What effects does feeling pleasure have on the body? Can they be given to other people with loving intentions?

Its not only lessons of the mind on earth. You get to do lessons of the physical body too. What can you physically give to other people and what does it cause them to feel?

Physical pleasure can't be felt in the spiritual world either. When you give someone a loving hug, what does that cause? Do you enjoy life as a human and what aspects of life do you enjoy? Is not not a nice experience to be living as a human on earth? There are certainly many things that are possible with a human body on earth that are not possible in the spiritual world.

I do agree with you though from my experience i dont hear many people saying they came in to human form to learn a lesson about enjoying sex more etc.. lessons tend to be negative in nature. If im here to learn sexual lessons then im all for it...hell ill start right away! I honestly think that physcal pleasure is one of the reasons for taking on human form as mentioned in your examples but harming others really has no place on earth unless some need reasons to justify why we need suffering on earth for reasons of karma or life purpose.

To answer your question i do enjoy life as a human although past abuse has taken away my full capacity to be involved in life as much as i feel i should have and enjoy it to its full extent. Thanks for asking alamode

I dont understand what we can learn here in human form that we cant learn in spirit form. In meditation and dreams i can learn just as well as i do here in the physical, maybe more in some instances as there are no physical repercussions. Its like a life simulator where you dont die when you make a mistake or walk in to the path of a psychopath.

Theres an idea, why hasnt spirit used one of the other realms as a simulator where souls wake up just before being abused but get the idea rather than spend up to 100 odd years broken with people teaching you wisdom that suggests that you deserve it or asked for it. If someone wiv not sum much smarts as me can come up with alternate ideas on how to run heaven im sure the enlightened ones could also...if the concept of karma and life purpose was "the truth" i believe they would have already taken steps to correct things in the etheric realm.

I honestly believe that suffering is part of the human condition. If we as souls want to experience the physical pleasures earth has to offer then maybe we as souls need to accept that there is a 50% chance that we will encounter the opposite negative experience that is the result of pre programming to ensure that there are bodies here to inhabit in the future.

Is it unreasonable to suggest that the purpose of coming to earth is to generally enjoy the physical pleasures and that the enlightened ones give us a choice of path which contains 50% of the negative also that cant be avoided. The choices that some make are not to experience particular negative lessons but have to be accepted if we want to come to earth. Being that we recall the total accumulation of what we have experienced we could opt to not go through what we have already experienced and choose something new for each of our own reasons. This could validate what life between life cients have said but would mean that we are actually only coming to earth with intentions of experiencing pleasure without being able to avoid the suffering that already exists on earth.

If this concept makes as much or more sense than karma or life purpose this would open us up to living life to its fullest concentrating on living a life in pursuit of harmless pleasure and very minimal time wasted on why am i being punished or what do i have to learn from this. We could all accept that "faeces happens" in impersonal circumstances, learn to be more carefull and focus on increasing the happiness in life rather than looking for ways to justify why bad things happen to good people.