Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 14-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Knower
Protection when working with Spirit

Although I think I have subconsciously been aware of Spirit for many years, it's only within the last 18 months that my awareness has increased and I'm now at the stage where I want to explore a bit more. However, there's something that doesn't sit well in my mind and that is the subject of protection.

Whenever I've been to a Spiritualist church, the person leading the service and the visiting medium have always said that only spirits who come in love will come forward, and yet I keep hearing from various quarters that you should ask for protection when working with Spirit. If only good spirits can make contact, why should this be so?

This leads me to ask: how does one go about protecting oneself? Is it simply a case of asking the Divine Spirit? I want to call out to find my Spirit Guides and make contact with spirits of loved ones who have sent me messages at church, but I'm dubious of doing so until this matter of protection has been clarified.

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and blessings,

Jeremy 8)
Old 16-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Cynthia

If I can be of any help

As time passes I have deepened my belief more and more that any individual can connect with the spirits that are around them. I have the feeling to tell you that the spirits you are wanting to get in contact with would be pleased to do so at any time and in anyway that you feel is the most natural for you. For me when I need protection I always ask the "Great Spirit" directly and always feel in the best of hands. However , I am unclear about one aspect of your writing :? When you write the word "protection" do you mean protection from the physical world or from the spirit world? :roll: I am not a medium but I do believe that not all spirits are "so called" good. When those at your church say only the spirits with love come forward maybe they are just clarifying to the spirits to come forward with good intentions of connecting not using the chance to cause insult. To go even deeper into the topic of good and "not so good" spirits I have a few "not so good" spirits that surround me. Recently, I (on my own) tapped in to my spirit guides and other spirits that follow me. I have come to know that some of my more negative thoughts are from those "not so good" spirits. BUT I do not dismiss them as all together bad. They have accumulated negativity from there lives and so that is why they are that way. WELL. I am sorry to go on and on. I just love self-discovery in spirituality. I hope that you can find this a little helpful. However, I think that most of the answers to these questions your spirit already knows. Bless you.
Old 16-12-2005, 11:47 AM
DASA

Suicide victims

A guru in India told me once that a lot of the spirits which surround us are people who
have committed suicide without good reason in their previous life. Through the law of
karma, for leaving their body, they are then given a subtle ghost body in the next life.
Their main motivation is then to try and enjoy through other people's bodies, as there
is not much they can do in their own ghostly form, untill the negative karma runs it's
course and they again take a physical birth.

I've also heard that people who have left the body in an extreme way, such as a car
crash or murder are also often unable to find peace for some time afterwards?

I'm sure the positive spirits out there must help them. :-)

Gouranga !!

Das
Old 16-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Cynthia

funny....

that these spirits try to enjoy through those living in the physical form. THAT is something new for my mind/spirit to think/feel about. This kind of information is the reason I have joined this forum. Thank you for sharing.
Old 23-12-2005, 01:12 PM
heavensent

spirits

Hello Jeremy

As a Medium I work in love and light for readings etc but I also as a Paranormal Investigator and when I am doing this work there is a HUGE need for protection. The spirits you are talking about are Earthbound and the raason that the Spiritualist Church ignore is because of the setting and that they do not believe in reincarnation as well as many things which time and spiritual development are showing us to be so.

Earthbound spirts are not 'bad' they are not suicide people, suicides go into the light (no one dies when it is not their time to die) however they are those who are confused because of the nature of their passing, those who have unfinished business and those who enjoyed things such as torturing and they are choosing to remain here rather than go into the light because then they are in some way able to carry on in their habits.

Spirit whether from the light or earthbound will periodically try to enter your body, if this happens you will feel yourself being pushed sideways within your body. Protection is a must and all mediums use protection even when they walk into a church its just something that the Spiritualist church does not like to discuss I'm afraid - and I say that as a Spiritualist.

Hope this helps.

Love adn blessings
Old 26-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Knower
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and replies to my original post. It seems to be an area of discussion that has no definitive answer, but reading your posts it occured to me that the issue of protection is a very personal and individual one where we all have to protect ourselves in whatever way seems right and personal to us. I suppose just being aware that a potential threat exists is half the battle.

For want of any other guidance, I tend to just ask the Divine Spirit to pretect me when I try to connect to Spirit, and I imagine a ball of white light surrounding me, connected to my chakras. Also I try to imagine my aura expanding to create a protecting bubble.

I'd be interested to hear how other people go about protecting themselves.

Thanks,
Jeremy 8)
Old 30-12-2005, 04:40 PM
howiemac

Re: spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensent
Spirit whether from the light or earthbound will periodically try to enter your body, if this happens you will feel yourself being pushed sideways within your body.

I have experienced this three times, when relaxing after a period fo intense meditation (the meditation appears to open me up to such things..). When it happens it is a very scary experience, something trying to possess you. For me it felt like they were choking me and tryng to enter my head. In each case I got the better of the attacking spirit through visualising golden spiritual light and merging with it (for me that light was God - this is open to interpretation) - ie filling myself with spiritual love - as soon as you start radiating love and light, the attacking spirit disappears... it appears that if you are in a high spiritual state you are protected by that state. 8)
Old 07-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Knower
Question Any advice?

I thought I'd resurrect this thread, as last time round nobody could actually address the issue quoted below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy67
This leads me to ask: how does one go about protecting oneself? Is it simply a case of asking the Divine Spirit? I want to call out to find my Spirit Guides and make contact with spirits of loved ones who have sent me messages at church, but I'm dubious of doing so until this matter of protection has been clarified.

So, can anyone tell me how I go about protecting myself, if I'm not doing so correctly, and is there anyway to tell if protection has actually been given before going delving into Spirit?

Thanks

Love and Light,

Jeremy
Old 07-04-2006, 05:30 PM
frequency builder

Hello Jeremy, this is my first post and although i am not an expert i can only share with you what i have been taught , experienced and what works for me.
I believe the way that you ask for protection is correct and try and visualise the light "bubble all around your body.". from over your head to below your feet... some people use a visualisation of crystal also.
The reason for protection is because we our spirit and minds are basically a transmitter we send and receive messages and thoughts .
The chakras (key energy points) in our bodies allow energy in . The fuller they are open the more we respond to spirit and other "energies" on a higher level ( think of a flower that is opening) the point of protection is to stop other energies from influencing/having an effect on you .. different energies have different vibrational levels.. can make you happy can make you sad or depressed ie positive and negative influences. Protection is a precautionary measure to prevent outside influences intervening with your state of mind.

I hope this helps you

XXXX
Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Knower
Thanks frequency builder :)

I just needed some reassurance that creating protection wasn't some complicated process and that what I have been doing hasn't been leaving me open to negative energies.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. Hope you enjoy it here!

Love and Light,

Jeremy
Closed Thread